Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving

 
 
Well I think the holiday season has officially begun - or it sure feels that way.  I've been making my lists and checking them twice. It feels like once Thanksgiving comes upon us everything really "takes off".  I've already been doing some holiday shopping and lots of planning ahead in many areas, but today I made myself slow down and really focus on Thanksgiving and all of my blessings: family, friends, health - too many blessings to count really.  I just thank God for all of them!
 
I finished up some final Thanksgiving grocery shopping this morning and have been enjoying cooking this afternoon and evening.  My daughter was a great help with some baking this afternoon. And this evening I poured a little glass of wine, listened to some Christmas music dancing in my kitchen as I cook away.  Soaking it all in - I highly recommend it! Lol
 
I also highly recommend this pie!
 
Sorry if not super clear - taken off of my phone, but at least you can get the idea. This is pioneer woman's pecan pie and it's SO good! I swear I use many other recipes from other cookbooks, not just pioneer woman's, but I had to let you know how good this recipe is too! I make her homemade crust too which is also delish!!  My Crew are not so much pumpkin pie folks (which is my favorite) so I just make a little frozen one for myself to go with leftovers. They just don't know what they're missing! Or maybe you're all pecan pie folks too?
 
Anyway, I know I'll be pretty busy all day tomorrow so just wanted to also say how thankful I am to so many that have been commenting or emailing me their support as I continue to work on this brand new blogging journey. I already feel like I have a bounty of wonderful friends and I look forward to all the fun and adventures ahead!  I'm going to head back into the kitchen for now but just want to say...
 
 
Wherever your path leads you wishing you safe journey, warm surroundings, great food and lots of loved ones with which to share.


2 comments:

  1. I made 2 pumpkin pies tonight - come on over!
    We don't like pecans here, but we do like most everything else that the Pioneer Woman makes.
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohhh - I'm there Mari! MI isn't that big of a jump from WI right? Lol Happy Thanksgiving to you too!!

    ReplyDelete