Monday, December 22, 2014

Christmas Past, Present, and Future

 
Well I've come to that point in the holidays where things are getting awfully busy and family gatherings have begun on a regular basis and continue through Christmas. 
 
I wasn't very good at planning ahead for Blogmas and I don't think I'll be able to finish participating in it, and I probably won't even be blogging until after Christmas now. But thanks again Sandra - blogmas was SO fun!!
 
I want to wish everyone a very Merry and Blessed Christmas and want to share a few things.
 
Christmas past:
 

 
I hadn't shared a scrapping page in a while.  Here's one from my daughter's first Christmas.  Some of these photos were used in our Christmas card that year. Such sweet memories and how the time flies so fast!! I love the simple red and green paper I used on the white backdrop.  Their expressions are priceless. My son is a teenager now but the expression on the upper left photo is him all the way! Lol
 
Now Christmas present:

Fast forward to this year's Christmas card. See what I mean about the time going so fast??
 
I also wanted to share another fun recipe with you. This is a wonderful one for an appetizer before Christmas dinner or to bring to a holiday party.
CRAB DIP:
 
In a small bowl mix one pkg cream cheese with 2 tbsp. mayo, 1 tbsp Worcestershire, 1 tbsp lemon juice, and 1 tbsp dried minced onion.

Spread in 8x8 or small pan

 

Cover with cocktail sauce

Top with canned crab meat that's been drained. (You could use small cooked shrimp as well). Cover and put in the fridge for at least an hour or longer to blend flavors.

Serve with a buttery kind of cracker.
 
 
Now for Christmas Future:
Another fun recipe. This one good for future leftovers is a recipe for Chicken & Rice Soup. However, if you have leftover turkey from Christmas it would be great in there too. (Recipe from Land 'O Lakes - see below)
 
Chop your veggies and fresh parsley

Melt butter in soup pot and cook vegetables 3-5 mins. Add chicken broth, water and seasonings and cook for a while longer.



then add chicken (or turkey) and cooked rice of your choice & parsley

 Cook until heated through.
 
 
Here's the recipe (off of my phone obviously) Lol:

 I added a little turmeric too as I like that in my chicken (or turkey) soup.
 
If I get any time before Christmas I will try to come around and check in and say hello. I appreciate your visits and comments so much - especially when I know everyone is busy too! My first Christmas blogging (yay) and it's been so fun! I plan to be back blogging by the weekend after Christmas and be back to HHM Monday on the 29th.  Again have a wonderful Christmas and God bless.
 


4 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas! Enjoy your break.
    I don't care for crab, but I really like the dish you made that in. We had chicken rice soup for supper tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thx Mari! I love pottery kind of dishes too. Ha! Love that you had that soup recently. Great minds think alike! ;)
    Merry Christmas!! XO

    ReplyDelete