Monday, January 5, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday

 
Happy Monday to All! I feel like today I'm back to reality, as Christmas break is over for the kiddos and they're back to school. Also, my father-in-law is fully recovered from his knee surgery and wants to go back to work... so I'll be back to caring for my mom-in-law more.  It's been a lovely holiday break and I feel refreshed and ready to get back to the normal routine and schedules.
 
The weather outside is...
FREEZING! There was a wind chill advisory this AM. I think it was around -11 degrees when I took my daughter to school but with wind chill even colder. Although I think it's supposed to hit like 7 above so with wind chill would only be a little below zero. What's a bummer is that there isn't a lot of snow cover this year - so I'm sure a lot of folks have pipes freezing and other issues today.
 
 
On the breakfast plate this morning...
A piece of toast with butter and homemade strawberry freezer jam my stepmom made.  She's an avid berry picker and she freezes a lot of them and makes us jam at Christmas. SO good!! And some coffee with hazelnut creamer.
 
 
As I look outside my window...
Sunny but so cold!! Patches of snow a little here and there.
 

 Right now I am...

Getting ready to pick up my mom-in-law soon. Listening to the morning news as I post this and think about what's on the agenda for the day.
 
 
As I look around the house...
I need to do some dishes and throw in another load of laundry. We got all the trees down & put away this past weekend but I still have a few more decorations to attend to, but I like leaving some out yet too. I'll leave my mantle all pretty with the star and all of the candles and my nativity out and other decorations in the dining room hutch. I'll be hosting a belated Xmas girlfriend gathering in another couple weeks and I still want some of the festive feel. It's been tradition for us to get together like that every year since early high school! We trade off who hosts and we do a little theme gift and pot luck all kinds of goodies. I look so forward to it every year - great time to catch up on our lives and gab and nibble the night away. 
 
 
On today's to do list... 
 
A few errands to run including grabbing a couple groceries as later I'll make the in-laws some dinner to bring back with my mom-in-law when I drop her back at home.
 
 
Currently reading...
I'm reading a Nora Roberts book right now (can't think of name off top of my head but I think it's one of a series). I've loved a lot of her series kinds of book and one of my favorites was her bride series. Her books are just a lot of fun and good for a quick read.  Do you read her books or have a favorite to let me know about?
 

On the t.v.

Downton Abbey is back - YAY!!! Need to catch up on that one and finish the Good Wife too. 2 of my favorite shows in the world!!

 
 
On the menu this week...
My hubby is requesting chili - I make a brown sugar chili  (kind of sweet and spicy)so that's on the list this week for sure. I'm also thinking easy slow cooker BBQ ribs as they sound good to me. Will include recipes this week if I make them and get a chance to post!
 
 
What I'm creating at the moment...
Well I recently finished a necklace and matching card that I shared on a post this past Saturday. If I get time this week I'm going to go through a basket full of goodies that needs organization and go through each of my scrapbook albums to see where I left off on each one and what kind of catching up I have in each one. Then I hope to start diving into my scrapbooking again - album by album - and accomplish much over these winter months!
 
 
Favorite photo from camera this week...
 
The necklace and matching card set I put together this past weekend.
 
 

 
 
 
 
Prayer, inspirational quote or devotional
The righteous cry out and the Lord hears them; He delivers them from all of their troubles. The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those that are crushed in spirit.
Psalm 34: 17-18
Unfortunately I know several people for whom this piece of scripture is very fitting right now. I'm offering my prayers today for them.
 
I'm linking up with Sandra Diary of a Stay at Home Mom for Happy Homemaker Monday

10 comments:

  1. It's cold here too, and crummy weather!
    I'm so happy about Downton being back. Love that show!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wickedly cold again here Mari - however still entirely bearable after last winter. So I guess I better not complain.
      I finally caught up on Downton from last night. So good!! I don't know what I think of that school teacher gal - I think she could spell t-r-o-u-b-l-e in some way. And I know that Thomas (creepy crawly) is totally going to do some evil to Bates. I just love it all - ((swoon)).
      Hope you're just gobbling it up too! xoxo

      Delete
  2. It's finally snowing here!! My favorite Nora Robert's books are the Inn Boonsboro Trilogy. I love these stories because it chronicles the restoration of the Inn, which I believe she actually owns in Maryland. You can check it out here http://www.innboonsboro.com/ It looks incredible!!

    I'm a big fan of The Good Wife, but I have missed most of this season, and can't find anywhere to watch it to catch up :(. My mom is a big downtown fan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for some pretty snow Carrie! I was looking at that trilogy and I think they are next up on my reading list - thanks so much for the recommendation Doll!

      Also, I think you can still watch full episodes of Good Wife online:
      http://www.cbs.com/shows/the_good_wife/video/ (this is the link I found). I hope you're able to catch up...I think it's arguably one of the best shows on television right now!

      Have a good week sweet Gal. xo

      Delete
  3. You've got a busy schedule on this day, Carrie! I think it's great that you note it down so you know what you want/need to accomplish in the day. I used to do that all the time - until I started working full-time. Now I work part-time and when I get a day like today (snow day home from work) I consider it a freebie. Today I hope to get a couple of Etsy orders done, plan my dinner menu for when the hubby comes home from his business trip, craft and catch up with a favorite magazine. I also got to see my daughter and granddaughter today, so every thing after that is a bonus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooohhh - sounds like a perfect free day Kathy! I hope you had lots of fun but were productive too! I do love the happy homemaker Mondays as they do help me stay on track for the week.

      Hope you get a lot more of those freebies! xo

      Delete
  4. I hope that you have a good week. I love Chilli, The Good Wife and Downton Abbey! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Downton and Good wife were so good this week, weren't they? I hope you're having a wonderful week too dear Amy! xo

      Delete
  5. Chili sounds good for today's weather! Always good to have something warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It absolutely is Bethany! I made some the other day and enjoying leftovers today. The recipe is on today's post btw.
      Blessings to you dear Gal! xo

      Delete