Sunday, February 1, 2015

Fab-uary Day 1: Inspirational Quotes

The quote that I would like to share comes from Elizabeth Kubler-Ross. An American psychologist that is known for her theories on the 5 stages of grief.




People are like stained glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.

~Elizabeth Kubler-Ross

 

I love this quote as these words ring so true to me! To me this quote attests to the beautiful fortitude in a person. It's so easy to be kind, happy,  easy going when life is easy and rosy. But when it's difficult. When it's dark and hard - how do you handle it? Do you face it with grace? Goodness and kindness still shine through? I'd like to believe that my faith shines through in times of darkness. It is what has gotten me through some of the most difficult moments of my life when my glass felt like it was going dark. I turn to prayer. To my higher power - The Lord - and let His light shine through me and hopefully glow onto others as well.

 

I'm linking with Helen from I Will Bloom to find my "Fab" during the month of February.  Go to her blog and you can read all about it and see other inspirational quotes.

 

9 comments:

  1. So thoughtful, and so very true as well. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear sweet Amy - I fear you may have run into those dark feelings over the past week with your blog troubles! I can tell that you are made of the stuff of sunshine though - so I see it hasn't stopped your glass from glowing beautifully. You're a Gem. xoxo

      Delete
  2. I love that quote! I've seen it in action too and it's a wonderful thing to see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow, I hadn't seen this quote before but I absolutely love it. So true. Thanks for joining in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for great idea Helen and hosting! Such fun!! Will link up whenever I can xoxo

      Delete
  4. I haven't seen this quote before either; but it is beautiful! Thanks for sharing it. Excited to read everybody's "fab" posts this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbara - I think it's going to be a fun month too! xo

      Delete
  5. Lovely quote. I read all of her books. 'Shining your light from within' is such a wonderful ideal. I think that as Mothers we have to face struggles with courage and grace for the sake of our loved ones. We sometimes don't have a choice, and having strong faith helps us get by.... Hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perfectly said Karen and I think you're exactly right about faith to help us tackle those moments, especially as Mothers. xo

      Delete