Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Gardening with Grandpa




Today I'm thinking garden party! If only I could attend one for real. Sigh. We are still under a blanket of snow and they're predicting a few more inches before this day is done. But that doesn't mean we can't have green and growing things in our hearts and minds, right?? So I'm linking with Creative Country Mom's Tuesday Garden Party.


I've been trying to get back to more scrapbooking, as I keep getting side tracked by other fun projects. Not that it's a bad thing, but I still have a lot of catching up to do in my scrapbook world, so getting focused there again.


The other day I was looking through some of my things and remembered this layout I had done with my daughter and my Dad and step Mom doing some gardening together. I remember that Annie had been studying gardening in school and was becoming obsessed. My Dad was recently retired and had put together some nice raised beds and said that Annie should come over and help him do some planting.

I love the shots I got on this page with Annie digging the dirt. My Dad handing her some seeds to plant - so cute.  He was explaining things to her as they went and in the bottom round photo he was having her smell some fresh mint he already had coming up.

 
 
 

A lot of these shots were in the front of their house where my daughter was also helping my step Mom with her flowers. They all had such fun together that day!

 
 

I scrapbook a lot of the usual things in my albums: holidays, family events, trips etc. But some of my favorite layouts are the ones where it was just a moment captured that didn't have anything to do with something bigger. Just a memory of a perfect day forever preserved in photos in a special book.

 
 

 

 



10 comments:

  1. Ah that's lovely Carrie, nice to record those everyday moments. Great to see some greenery! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks Alison. I love looking back through scrapbooks I've done as much as I enjoy working on the new pages. It's just bits of my heart put right out on paper in an artistic way. Truly a great joy.

    I'm just dreaming of green, flowers, blue skies, warm breezes. How about you? Lol
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! A page like that about time with Grandpa is special.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just like all the fun moments your adorable granddaughters get to have with your hubby. ;)

      Delete
  4. What a lovely keepsake you have of a very precious time! Your daughter will fondly remember this someday and have a beautiful reminder. Gardening is a wonderful skill to teach a child and learning from grandparents is the best way. xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there is just something on a special different level with grandparents & grand kids. You'll soon get to find out & enjoy!! Can't wait to follow your moments. Xo

      Delete
  5. Your scrapbooking is such a lovely way to keep your memories, I really do admire your pages! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Amy! That means a lot from you as an artist I admire! Xo

      Delete
  6. Oh,this is what scrapbooking is about, isn't it? Getting such sweet memories down on the LO to be able to look back and remember them, with fondness, in years to come. Love your LOs and love your post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Helen!! Scrapping is truly one of my greatest joys & favorite creative outlet, and then to have a keepsake for my kiddos is icing on the cake. ;)

      Delete