Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Weigh In: Family Time ( Day 4 Fab-ruary)

I'm still thinking of Wednesdays as my check-in point in the week with the goals I have set for myself this year.  So today's weigh in is related to my goal for more quality family time.  We're always so busy with sports activities, school commitments, my hubby with his job....that I think it's important to plan and make effort for more good quality family time.


We recently took a little trip to Green Bay WI to visit some relatives and just spend some fun family time. It was so nice to be somewhere away for the weekend that wasn't for some kind of sports tourney where we were stuck to any kind of schedule.  However, we did fit in a fun family hockey game to watch the local Green Bay Gambler's hockey team in a game.  It was their "teddy bear toss" game in which after they scored their first goal everyone that brought one could throw a new teddy bear on to the ice. Workers (& even some hockey players) then picked them all up to donate to 21 local hospitals and shelters in the area. I think it was such a great idea and over 6,000 bears were collected for donation that night!! Here's a few photos:

My kiddos with a cousin
 
 

can you see the teddy bears still flying over in the background?
 
 

it took probably a good 15 mins or so time out from the game to collect them all
 
 
 

Here's even some video I took of the bears flying in action. (if I got it to work) It was really fun and we had wonderful quality family time the whole weekend. It doesn't get better than that.

 
DayFour

I think this can also relate to day 4 for Fab-ruary with Helen fromI Will Bloom that one of the main rules for happy living is happy family life. My family (even extended relatives I'm close to) are my whole world.  I put a lot of effort into spending time with family, sending cards and calling even far off relatives and friends (I call the family I picked). I think if you love God (higher power), love yourself, and love and treasure your family and friends... you can't go wrong and will have a happy life.

12 comments:

  1. I love your last sentence...God, yourself, and treasuring family & friends...so true, and so very important.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I truly believe that is the recipe for meaning and happy in your life. Thanks Hon. xo

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks so much and glad you stopped by! xo

      Delete
  3. I agree, a happy family makes me happy and all is right with the world. Love those teds, what a great idea to help charities. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Family does make everything right with the world, doesn't it?
      Thanks dear Friend. xo

      Delete
  4. What a lovely post, Carrie, and yes, I agree 100%. Relationships take effort, and so many people just don't take the time. How nice that you do!

    What an adorable idea about the bears :). That must have been such fun to see!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear darling Doreen! The video and photos don't do it justice - it's truly a sight to see all of those teddy's flying in person!!

      Delete
  5. Love your post, love love love it! Quality family time - ridiculously - can be so hard to find, in between all other 'activities'...it's something that's been on my mind a lot lately.....and I've also been making a conscious effort to make time for more family time (and, also, more 'one on one' time with each of my littles....). Loved your last paragraph, absolutely loved it....I definitely definitely agree with your sentiments! [Sorry for the late comment; I've been trying to leave one since last night but have been unable to do so :(]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen - this post speaks right from my soul. I love your Fab-ruary idea, as it brings up these very thoughts and reminders. God bless darling Gal!! xo

      Delete
  6. The teddy bear toss is a great idea, but I am not sure that I could bear (!) to throw a teddy, or part with one that I had bought! I am rubbish like that! I would for a wonderful thing like this though, I am sure that the teddies all understood! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You sound just like my daughter. She had a hard time giving it up too. Lol! But I'm positive the Teddy's understood. ;)

      Delete