Monday, June 15, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday

HHM

Another week flown by and back to Monday! Hope you had a wonderful weekend. It was another pretty lovely one weather-wise around here. We ran lots of errands, accomplished a little more with the landscaping and even got my kitchen cabinets cleaned out and rearranged! Then had a little BBQ last night with my Mom and the in-law's over. All in all a pretty successful weekend!



THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:

Lovely day! Supposed to be warm and sunny and upper 70's. We'll take that!! 


ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

PB&J toast with a side some blueberries and banana. Iced coffee.


  AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:

Sunny and bright! Need to get out there and water my flowers.  


RIGHT NOW I AM:

Watching the morning news. My MIL was watching with me and nodded off a bit. Teenager is sleeping yet too. Annie off to play with a friend. So enjoying a quick quiet moment.


AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:

Still a few dishes from last night's BBQ (got one load in dishwasher last night). Need to do another load of laundry. Otherwise pretty tidy! 


ON TODAY'S TO DO LIST:

WE actually got the grocery shopping done this weekend - especially since we knew we were having family over for BBQ, so no need to do grocery run. Will definitely do some outside time today. Maybe play with Ruby outside and have picnic of leftovers out on the deck under patio table shade. Go for a little walk if not too hot. If feels too warm later was thinking maybe I'd work on some scrapbooking and have my MIL "help" and she can look at some old scrapbooks and photos in the air conditioning. 



CURRENTLY READING:

I actually have a new little book to read from Annie's piano teacher. He wrote a book about his adoption story and is sharing it with me. Pretty cool! 


ON THE TV TODAY:

I finally watched the Outlander finale. I have yet to watch GOT finale. I have some cooking shows taped but think I'm caught up with everything else. My hubby and I watched the movie McFarland USA recently and it was really good! It's the true story about a racing team in California with Kevin Costner. 


ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

We had BBQ last night: burgers, beer brats, hot dogs, beans, corn-on-the-cob, cold macaroni salad, jojo potatoes, watermelon & grapes,  and blueberry bars!  We still have leftovers so will eat that up. Then making tacos one night for the in-law's and might do a breakfast bake for dinner one night. I bought pork chops too but not sure what I'll do with them yet. Maybe throw them on the grill.



WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT:

I didn't do much of anything crafty this past week but might do some scrapbooking today. I want to make some more cards too and need to get going on my Mom's heritage album!  



NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:

Not really new, but I have always LOVED my MIL's cranberry bars recipe and I did a version of them but instead used summery blueberries. I will share recipe later this week.


TIP OF THE WEEK:

It's one you've probably heard before but it does work so well: if you're planning to get up and work out right away in the A.M. have your workout clothes and shoes all set out and ready for you the night before. Have your water bottle all ready too & quick A.M. snack planned if needed. It'll help you stick to the plan when you don't have to get up and find all that stuff first before working out. Also, when I worked full time in my career I did the same concept with work clothes and would have everything planned out the night before and it helped so much to start the day out right and not wake up frazzled or running late because my clothes needed ironing or I couldn't find something.



FROM THE CAMERA:
pretty sunset from the deck last night after the BBQ



PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:


I'm linking with Sandra from Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.

20 comments:

  1. What a pretty view! Your BBQ menu sounds like it was wonderful. I'll be watching for the blueberry bars recipe :) Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean! Hope you have a wonderful week as well.
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Just found your blog and have enjoyed reading some of the posts. I look forward to the recipe for the cranberry bars.
    Joan at www.aviewtothefells.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joan! Thanks so much for the nice comments and for stopping by. Always love making a new blogger friend!! I look forward to checking out yours as well.
      Happy week to you. xo

      Delete
  3. Sounds as though you are having a more relaxed week this week. I hope that you can get out in the garden and do lots and enjoy the space and warm weather. I am intrigued by jojo potatoes and wonder what the are? Your tip of the week is so true! Hope you have a good week! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amy! It has been more relaxed around here. Hello summer!! And I'm loving it. ;)
      Jo jo potatoes are just big potato wedges roasted up like french fries (seasoning or coating on them). I honestly don't know where the term "jo jo" even comes from but they're often referred to them that way at places/restaurants around here.
      Happy week to you too! xo

      Delete
    2. Ah, we just call them "wedges"!! Go figure! xx

      Delete
  4. Sounds like you've already had your busy week with just prepping and cleaning up for the BBQ. Pretty evening sky picture and great weather so enjoy and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right Tamy! Resting up more this week - which is a wonderful thing. ;)
      Happy week to you! xo

      Delete
  5. A great post full of positive energy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a lovely Monday!
    And thank you for the Liebster!
    I did my post on Saturday! : )
    Have a nice evening, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loved your Liebster post Billie Jo! Happy week to you. xoxo

      Delete
  7. Don't you just love leftover party food? I usually over estimate to ensure I don't have to cook for at least one night afterwards.
    I find adoption stories so fascinating - I bet that book is great!
    The view from your deck is just lovely!
    And I'm with you on setting my clothes etc. out the night before. Too stressful to do it in the morning!
    Thank you so much for the nomination! I am flattered and appreciate that you thought of me - even if I am just a little behind on blogging at the moment... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! I do love having lots of leftovers and when having folks over I always like to try to have "more than enough" than risk having too little for guests.
      I love your sweet blog and can't wait to read your answers if you feel up to doing it. No rush or pressure dear Lady!
      Happy week to you. xoxo

      Delete
  8. Cranberry bars sound pretty good to me! I too need to get out and water all my container plants because we have the same wonderful summertime weather forecast. :-) Have a beautiful and productive day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the cranberry bar version the best too Judy! My hubby loves the blueberry. The cranberry version is so nice and pretty at Christmas time with the red berries and creamy white cream cheese frosting too.
      Have a wonderful week! xo

      Delete
  9. LOVE the new look of your blog...very nice. Sounds like a nice relaxing week for you with good weather, good food, and good company!! Our weather has been crazy!! Rain and storms almost daily, and one day it was like 102 and the next it was in the 60s. I have been taking advantage of the cooler weather and been getting in some more tennis, so much more fun when it's cool. Have a wonderful week my dear friend!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw- thanks Carrie Ann! Always fun to shake up the look.

    Wow, you have had some crazy weather!! I wish you were closer as I would LOVE to play tennis!! What fun would that be? I just told my hubby the other day I miss playing tennis and need to get him out there to play with me. I'm not very good, especially now that I'm an old lady, but it's so fun! ;)

    Hope you have a wonderful rest of your week Hon. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your new header looks great Carrie! I'm too scared to touch mine incase it goes wrong!
    BBQ Sounds wonderful and yes I agree, better to have too much food and use it up in the week rather than risk not having enough :-) xx

    ReplyDelete