Monday, June 8, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday

HHM

Happy Monday....and happy SUMMER!!! Yay, it finally truly feels like it has arrived and I'm ready to soak it up. We had a lovely weekend overall. Saturday was chilly but yesterday was beautiful and we accomplished some big projects outside (I'll share more in the future). But some little projects that also got done included putting together our new bench as our old one was getting pretty rough.  And Annie's last fairy pot was planted as well. Good productive stuff. On to the week ahead!



THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:

Looks like another lovely day! It's almost 70 already and it's supposed to hit upper 70's. Sun is shining too - yay! 


ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

Annie had a friend sleep over last night and so when I went to pick up my mom-in-law we decided a treat breakfast was in order so we grabbed french toast sticks from Burger King. Naughty buy yummy.


  AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:

Sunny and blue skies! The sun just sparkles on our bay as I look out my window. Just love that. If you look on my header photos with Ruby looking at the water- it looks like that out there. I think it's going to be a sparkly day. 


RIGHT NOW I AM:

Chatting with my MIL and watching the morning news with her. Ruby is laying on my feet. We're making our plan for the day.


AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:

Pretty tidy other than the things laying around that Annie and her friend have been playing with and art work they were doing. Will throw in some laundry and do a quick sweep up. Our house is such an indoor/outdoor kind of house that in between vacuum jobs I need to sweep up the tile pretty often.


ON TODAY'S TO DO LIST:

I'm going to make some bread or muffins.  I'm also going to make up some spaghetti hot dish to send home with my MIL for dinner for the in-laws when I bring her home later. Also, plan to get some good outside time and go for a lovely walk later.  No grocery trip today.



CURRENTLY READING:

Lots of new magazines that have rolled in lately!


ON THE TV TODAY:

I still haven't watched the final Outlander. I don't think I have too much more taped. We've been enjoying America's Got Talent now, but already watched last week's episode. Such a fun show we can all watch as a family.


ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

I never made spaghetti hot dish for the in-law's last week, so going to do that tonight. Not sure what I'm making or shopping for later this week. I was thinking maybe pork chops on the grill and a side of cinnamon apples & other sides. Also, maybe BBQ baked chicken one of our cooler days with roasted red potatoes. I think I may bake some blueberry bars as well. I have a wonderful recipe that was my MIL's for cranberry bars but in the summer we make them blueberry bars with cream cheese frosting. So good! 



WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT:

I've been doing some organizing of things to finally work on my big project focus for this summer which is the heritage family scrapbook album for my Mom's family. It will be such a fun project to work on together and hopefully get some neat stories from my relatives to put in with the pages.  



NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:

I'm not making a new recipe but I recently received a new recipe I'll share later this week. When Annie had her presentation in her class on her last week of school they had snacks for us and her teacher made a really unusual and wonderful treat that I will talk about later in the week!


TIP OF THE WEEK:

Something that I have always used is a standing toothbrush holder in a different way. Do you know which I mean? The kind that has its own base and round ring at the top with open areas to put your toothbrush in and let it lean on the sides. I love to use one in my cabinet as a place to hold my make up brushes. When I wash them it works great so they can stand up in there and dry too. I like keeping my brushes separate from my make up bag (except when I'm traveling) so they don't get full of other stuff. 



FROM THE CAMERA:
This is next to our front door. This is the new bench. The last one had wood and metal and didn't hold up as well as I think this all metal one will. I have a flowering vine planted that will grow over the summer on the little trellis in the back part of the green planter.

One of Annie's friends accidentally broke one of my lanterns so now I only have 2 but I put the candle from it in the bird bath. They still all light up at night. So pretty among the flowers.




PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:

I have been struggling with a tooth issue (&dental implant) for almost 2 years now and just when it was finally supposed to be completed I got another infection. I'm really struggling with maintaining my patience and upbeat attitude about it and I've been doing a lot of prayers for healing and resolution. I have an important appointment this week so any prayers and good thoughts you want to send my way would be greatly appreciated! 


I'm linking with Sandra from Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.

26 comments:

  1. I love the bench on your front porch. I would love to do something like that with ours!

    Also, those blueberry bars sound DEVINE. Now, that it's finally warm, I'm starting to crave summer treats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Heather! I'm very happy with the new bench & how it turned out. I'll post the blueberry bars recipe in the future. ;) I'm craving summer flavors too. Xo

      Delete
  2. Love the new bench, that should last well!
    That's a good tip about the makeup brushes, although I wash mine regularly, I do throw them back into my makeup bag after I've used them.
    What a nuisance about your tooth, I hope you can get it sorted out once and for all, soon. Sending positive thoughts your way, dear lady xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Alison!
      I think if you keep your brushes out of your make up bag - they'll last a lot longer. ;)

      I appreciate the positive thoughts so much! It's been a real struggle & very frustrating. Xoxo

      Delete
  3. I love the bench! Reminds me how much we need to get some new patio furniture for our deck. Hope your infection clears quickly so you can get it all fixed. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx so much Jean! New patio furniture is always fun!! ;)

      I'm so over this tooth issue. It'll be resolved one way or another but sure appreciate the kind wishes. Xo

      Delete
  4. I am so sorry about your tooth. I will most certainly send it and you all my good thoughts for a successful outcome. I hope that the rest of your week goes well and that you enjoy your time cooking and baking with your MIL. Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx so much Amy - my sweetheart. It's been an ongoing pain, but trying to stay positive.
      Hugs back! Xo

      Delete
  5. Your Mondays always sound so relaxed and enjoyable! To see that sparkling water from my window would be something I would cherish always. I hope you had a great day with the visit from your MIL and all the baking & cooking you planned. The bench looks great, I really like that style for outdoors ... solid! I'll say a little prayer for you and your implant tooth.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx so much Wendy! All of your kind words & thoughts mean so much.
      It was a nice Monday. Hope our nice weather continues! Happy week Hon. Xoxo

      Delete
  6. Do you have blueberry picking in your area?? I will send a prayer for that tooth issue. You can send one for me for my neck. I was going to call the guy who bumped my car last week, and ask him to mow my lawn for me today. Arnie is out to SEA. I think my hubby is not into mowing. He said that there was a guy in his marina years ago, who kept a piece of astroturf on the pier and he mowed it every Saturday with a kiddie mower just to remind himself. LOL…
    Is your candle one of those new battery ones?? Got to love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi sweet Margot!
      Appreciate the prayers! Sending some back for your neck ;)
      I know we do have wild blueberry patches around & my step Mom is an avid picker & she would know where.
      I'm with your hubby & not a mower. I leave that to the boys. Lol
      My candles out front all have batteries & are on timers.
      Happy week. Xo

      Delete
  7. I love your bench and the look of the whole area!
    Sorry about your tooth. I hate dental issues!
    You are such a wonderful DIL. I love hearing about what you do with and for her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Mari! I'm happy with how it turned out. And I hate dental issues too!!
      You're so sweet about my MIL. I feel honored to help. She was always there for me. That's family, right?
      Blessings for your week. XO

      Delete
  8. The view from your window sounds amazing!
    I haven't had french toast sticks in so long! Yum!
    Man, tooth issues are not fun! I hope it works out for you and I will keep you in my prayers!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laura!
      Thx so much for your kind words & prayers. I could sure use them. Been a very frustrating time but keeping my chin up. Blessings my dear for a good week. Xo

      Delete
  9. :) Sparkly days are the best!! The heritage family scrapbook is going to be fun to do, it’s fun learning about our past relatives, and such a great keepsake.

    I love the new bench!! The front of your house is so inviting. The flowering vine plant is going to be so pretty once it starts growing. The candle in the bird bath is such a clever idea.

    Sending prayers to you for your tooth. Tooth pain is the worst, it will get better!!

    Happy week to you my dear gal!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx my sweet Carrie Ann
      Your words always make me smile. I'm really happy with how the front turned out. And I can't wait to really get going on the scrapbook.
      Thx again for Liebster & I will get it done.
      I'm so over the tooth thing. It's been such a royal pain in the you-know-what!! Lol
      Happy week to you. Xo

      Delete
  10. I've never done it, but a toothbrush holder could probably make a cute, small vase.

    Now about that tooth...I know how you feel. A few years ago I had to get an implant. It's my front tooth actually. When I was 17 I was in a car accident and both my front teeth were knocked out and it's been one thing after another since then. Getting an implant was the culmination. I don't have to tell you it's not a pleasant process, so I really hope you don't have to go through anything like that again. While I was in Florida in January the gum of the tooth started to bother me and I thought I was a goner, but I was diligent about using the toothbrush to massage the area and it completely healed, so thankfully I dodged that bullet.

    Hopefully things will work out for you too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea on the vase thing Doreen! I suppose it would work kind of like a flower frog.

      Yes, it sure sounds like you can relate on the tooth issue! It's been a long frustrating process & I'm ready for it to end. Ggrrr.
      Thx for kind thoughts & empathizing my Dear. Xo

      Delete
  11. Prayers for you, my friend...
    And prayers for a happy, summer week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx so much Billie Jo! It means a lot & happy week to you. Xo

      Delete
  12. Blueberry bars, bread, muffins, spaghetti?! You need to be careful what you post here, or else I might just find a way to move in with you! It sounds sooo good!
    The front door decor is beautiful.
    I'll be praying you soon recover from your tooth issues! God bless...Take care, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw - you're so adorable dear Bethany! You're more than welcome to come join our 3-ring circus. Come eat these calories so I won't. Lol Plus, we love redheads around here. ;)

      The prayers are so appreciated! It's been a real struggle, but we all have our crosses to bear as they say, right? Faith is helping me through.
      Blessings to you. Xo

      Delete
  13. SURE HOPE THAT TOOTH INFECTION GOES AWAY SOON - SENDING HUGS & PRAYERS.

    LOVE that front porch area - just inviting you to read a good book in tat nice weather you're having.

    Have a GREAT week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thx so much Tamy!! I appreciate it and these kind thoughts really help me through...its sure been a struggle.

    I love the way you think! A good book & relaxing sounds like good medicine to me! Xo

    ReplyDelete