Monday, August 10, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday


Back to Monday after a busy hockey tournament weekend out-of-town. I feel like I'm still playing catch up!  I need to go around to many of you wonderful friends for a visit and see what you've been up to these past several days. I hope tonight or tomorrow to come visit everyone. It was a fun and successful weekend though. My daughter's team took the championship - which of course was wonderful! We also were in a beautiful area with a quaint downtown by the water with lovely shops and restaurants. We walked around and poked into several antique shops and came home with some treasures. We found some goofy things for our holiday door prize game, some gifts for my FIL's birthday soon, and I found some pretty Red wing pottery for myself! Always fun. Hope you friends had a wonderful weekend too and are feeling refreshed and ready to jump into a new week.


THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:

Sunny and lovely. Low 70's and may reach upper 70's by later today. Sun, blue sky, a few puffy white clouds. Perfect summer day.


ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

For my daughter, her sleep over buddy, my MIL and myself (the teenager sleeps) I made cinnamon toast and cut up some apple slices. Chocolate milk for the kiddos and coffee for my MIL and myself.


  AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:

Watching the sun sparkle on the bay.  The squirrels are extra "squirrely" around the yard gathering up goodies. Does that mean a bad winter ahead? Fall will be here early?? I hope not!


RIGHT NOW I AM:

My MIL and I have been watching the news and she loves the Today show - especially the last hour with Kathie Lee and Hoda and watching about the passing of Frank Guifford. So we've both been tearful a few times.


AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:

Already started some laundry, from the trip, last night. Need to load dishes and my daughter and her friend need to clean up their sleepover stuff as I let them bunk out in the t.v. room last night.


ON TODAY'S TO DO LIST:

Thought I'd wait to see what my daughter and her sleepover friend want to do today. If they want to play around our house and outside with Annie's friends we can stick around here. Otherwise thought we'd go out and do something fun like  go to lunch then the park or mini golf or something like that. Annie has piano lessons later and my son has training workout where I'll need to drop him off too. Then tonight is a soccer game. Busy day!!



CURRENTLY READING:

I've been such a bad reader this summer and I'm just not beating myself up. I'm enjoying my magazines and once my kiddos get back to school and activities slow down I'll get back to the books. I'm having fun enjoying the time with them and getting in fun summer activities!


ON THE TV TODAY:

I need to catch up in Cedar Cove. I'm not sure if I had some cooking shows tape too over the weekend. I guess I haven't looked what I've got taped yet.


ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

I know we have some leftovers around to eat up for tonight. I'm thinking of cooking on the grill as I want to get more of that in while I'm able! I think maybe something yummy like steak or pork chops and I'm craving some grilled asparagus. Maybe even grill up some fish for myself (the rest of my crew won't eat it - sadly).  And I think sweet corn on the grill is in order too. I'm also going to do a pasta salad of some kind on night for a lighter dinner maybe with muffins or a sandwich.  Or in a pinch I'll throw in a quick egg bake and have it with some fruit. We have soccer and wrapping up some hockey some nights this week - so some busy nights ahead again!  May need to grab something out one night too then.


WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT:

I've been missing coloring last week or so and going to get some of that in for myself. I may finish the cross stitch my daughter didn't yet too.


NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:

I have a yummy favorite to share for fresh peach salsa I love, probably later this week.



TIP OF THE WEEK:

As a blogger now I like to keep a little idea and calendar book handy. I jot down ideas for posts and write in each day of the month in the little boxes....either an idea or what I've already posted. It's just a quick reference way for me to keep track of what I've done, or what I'm thinking of blogging about in the future.


FROM THE CAMERA:
My hubby standing with the celebrating winning team!


My hubby and BIL started their own hockey program several years and it focuses a lot on development - not just game after game. Well I guess it's working as my hubby's team he coaches (my daughter is on that one) played my BIL's team he coaches for 1st place! Yep, brother vs brother!! Lol All in good fun as it was so great that we knew no matter what our teams were taking the top 2 places. But hubby's team pulled out the win 5-3 for the championship win of the Combat Cup. Yay!

Annie and sleepover buddy posing with the trohpy.


PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:


I'm linking with Sandra from Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.

16 comments:

  1. Congrats on the hockey team win! You do sound super busy. Fish sounds really good. We'll make it for us but then I have to get my boys boxed fish sticks or shrimp. I figure someday they'll like the real stuff. Hope you have a fantastic week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean!
      Well at least you're getting them the taste for seafood. My Crew won't even do fish sticks! Lol
      However, my son does like crab legs. ;)

      Delete
  2. Enjoy your week, my friend!!!!
    Summer is finishing up! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's going double time speed now - waaahh!! You enjoy too. ;) xo

      Delete
  3. Congrats to your dtr and her team! Sounds like a busy but great week ahead - have fun!

    Renee' My HHM post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Renee!! Happy week to you. xo

      Delete
  4. Congrats to your sweetie and her team! I've been hearing that a bad winter is ahead! I'm canning/freezing like a maniac!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanna! Ok - now you have me frightened!! Lol xo

      Delete
  5. I will be eagerly awaiting that recipe! I have a jar of mango peach salsa that I was planning on bringing to a cookout coming up along with some marinated chicken to grill but just this morning I had the thought that homemade would be so much better since it is peach season after all!
    We think alike... I have a similar section set up in my planner as well. Now if I could find the time to actually turn all those ideas into actual posts! ;)
    Congrats to your daughter's team!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura!! I love the reassurances from you that we often have similarities. Makes me feel I'm more "blogger normal". Lol

      The recipe I have I think was from Emeril Lagasse and I think it's so fresh and yummy. I think I may post it on Saturday if I don't get to it sooner. xo

      Delete
  6. Great pictures and congrats to Annie and her team.
    I was at work today and I caught some of the today show talking about Frank Gifford. I was wishing I could watch more.
    We had grilled chicken for supper tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mari! I feel so sad for the Gifford family.No matter how full a life and the age - saying good bye is always hard.
      Grilled chicken sounds yummy! I LOVE the grill and time is running out. ;)
      xo

      Delete
  7. Congratulations to your daughter's team! Love those pictures - looks like you had a great weekend. And loving the irony of your inspiration this week!

    Love your weather - wish it was ours! I am so ready for fall.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tamy! Sending you dreamy summer weather thoughts and hope it makes it way to you for real!
      Fall will be here before we know it, so hang in there Sweetie! ;)
      xo

      Delete
  8. LOL…the squirrels are being extra squirrely, I’m picturing Hammy from Over the Hedge. :-) Congrats to the winning team!! How cool that both brothers do that. I like that tip of the week too, when I grow up I want to be as organized as you ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks my dear Carrie Ann ;)
      Oh, if you only knew how really non-organized I am you'd change your mind! Lol It's really more of a scribble book, but works for me.
      xoxo

      Delete