Thursday, September 17, 2015

Cooking Thursday: Butterscotch Banana Bread


cookingthursday



I didn't get a chance to bake up my banana bread yet this week - but I thought I'd share my favorite banana bread recipe anyway. The base of this recipe is out of Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook and it's the recipe I've been using ever since I started cooking and baking for my hubby many moons ago. It's an absolute favorite of my kiddos - and they just know it as "Mom's banana bread".  The original recipe called for 1/2 c. of chopped walnuts - which you could still do, but my kiddos don't like nuts in bread. And my addition is either 1/2 c. butterscotch chips or a mixture of 1/4 c. each butterscotch and chocolate chips...depending on what I have on hand. So yummy! 


I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of a Stay at Home Mom for Cooking Thursday.


13 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful recipe, Carrie! I have never thought of adding butterscotch or chocolate chips to banana bread, but it sounds so delish! Thanks for sharing it. Love your new blog header, too. xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Karen! I love the butterscotch flavor especially with the banana. So yummy. ;)
      Glad ya like the header too! Xo

      Delete
  2. This sounds really good...I love banana bread...and adding chocolate chips and/or butterscotch chips sounds even better!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's pretty yummy Carrie-girl. Hope you like it if you try it. Xoxo

      Delete
  3. Banana bread is a favorite here too! I make a pudding one my family loves. Recipe is on my blog if you want to try it. I'm definitely going to try this one sounds yummy!๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜‹ have a wonderful night!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A pudding one? Yum! I'm intrigued & will need to check that out. ;) xoxo

      Delete
  4. I absolutely love my Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook! Any and every recipe and I have yet to make one that is not absolutely delicious! I usually make my banana bread with a cinnamon-sugar swirl but butterscotch sounds like a fun addition!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow- your banana bread sounds amazing!! I love BH&G Cookbook too. ;) I agree, never a bad one in there. Xoxo

      Delete
  5. Oh yum, the butterscotch chips sound like a fantastic addition!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow what a great sounding recipe awesome we love banana bread, another great fall favorite here as well gonna try this recipe soon
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes! This looks amazing! I just bought some butterscotch chips at Walmart the other day, not sure what to do with them, but they looked good! Now I KNOW!! The kids will love this in their lunches this week. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete