Monday, September 7, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday


Happy Labor Day Monday (to my friends that celebrate it).  It's been a lovely weekend and so nice that it's extra long by having this as a free day. I don't have my MIL today as my FIL is off from work. We've been having fun this weekend running errands, accomplishing tasks around the house, and watching movies as a family. We had friends over Friday night and did a fun pizza night and sat around our fire table and gabbed the night away while the kiddos played. All & all one of those great kinds of weekends. 


THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:

Just beautiful! Bright sunny skies - hardly a cloud in sight. It's in the low 70's and feels heavenly. It was SO hot and sticky muggy yesterday (80's but about 90% humidity) - but it finally rained and stormed last night so the air feels wonderful today.


ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

I wasn't that hungry so shared part of a cherry pop tart with Ruby (sshhhh) and some coffee. The rest of my crew had waffles.


  AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:

Watching right out my office window as my daughter rides bikes and plays with her friend that slept over last night. Ruby is running around and my hubby is working in our garage.


RIGHT NOW I AM:

Sitting in my nice sunny office as I type this and listen to pretty music on pandora. I don't need to worry about groceries as my hubby and I knocked out some errands this weekend.  Realizing it's going to be a nice quiet week. My daughter doesn't have any soccer games this week and my son is going to be away with his school class on a trip to the boundary waters camping all week. 


AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:

My daughter and her friend will have some clean up as they've been having quite a lot of fun around here. Legos all over her room. They slept downstairs in the media room so will need to haul up bedding etc. And there are several toys and art items all over the living room floor. Dishes are good and I just put in more laundry. I also scrubbed up the camping roll-up mattresses for my son and nephew that will be camping this week.  I cleaned them well and febreezed them and now they're drying out in the sunshine.


ON TODAY'S TO DO LIST:

Once my daughter cleans up I'll vacuum a bit. I want to give the kiddos' bathroom a good scrubbing as I picked up some new bathroom rugs for in there too. Need to change some sheets and do more laundry. My hubby put down new flooring in our garages and is now putting back base board and will eventually paint both garages -walls and base. They're attached to the house and used a lot and both garages were looking pretty beat up - so he's tidying them up like new. Then later we plan on some fun time which may include a pontoon ride. Yay!


CURRENTLY READING:

Still reading through Fall cookbooks for inspiration. I need to finish the biography I received from Annie's guitar teacher and then I have a line up of books I'm determined to read this Fall! 


ON THE TV TODAY:

We have a lot of catching up to do on America's Got Talent we have taped. I have some cooking shows taped too. Ghost Hunters is back on and my son and I like that - so have the first one for the season taped.


ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

MONDAY: leftover tacos  TUESDAY: breakfast for dinner  WEDNESDAY: broccoli cheese soup, muffins and fruit  THURSDAY: rigatoni pasta with sauce and sweet Italian sausage, dinner rolls and green salad FRIDAY: maybe out for dinner



WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT:

Still working on my daughter's baby book and school years album. Finishing up a cross stitch with my daughter. Have some other cross stitch projects lined up. My Mom and I plan to finally get going on her heritage album with Fall calming things down and we're back to a routine.


NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:

Not sure about a new recipe - but may share an old favorite later in the week.


TIP OF THE WEEK:

I always keep some bandaids in my purse. I even have a little holder for them. I tease that my daughter is "calamity jane" - and that's why I started. But they are nice to have for a bad hang nail, or sometimes I'll get a blister on my foot from some shoes.  Since I have my MIL often too - they've come in handy for her needs as well.

FROM THE CAMERA:
This is the church I attend. We often go on Saturday evenings as it works better for our schedule than Sundays. It's a beautiful and sacred place to me. 



PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:


I'm linking with Sandra from Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.

10 comments:

  1. LOL you are giving new meaning to "Labor" day by doing all those chores! Does sound like you're having quite a bit of fun too, especially your daughter.

    AMEN to your inspirational this week and love your church picture.

    Do have fun on your pontoon ride! Have a great "short" week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tamy! Pontoon time was great! ;) Hope you enjoy your short week too Doll.
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. That IS certainly a lovely church Carrie, it sorta reminds me of the kind of churches one might see in Texas for some reason. Have you ever been to the Alamo? I see some similarities between the two structures.

    I'm envious that you have a pontoon! They're such fun, party boats ;).

    Your weekend sounds just about perfect, and I'm sure you're looking for some down time this week too.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean Doreen - but I think it's just from that front angle that it has that look. If you saw it from the side you'd see that it has a bit more of almost a gothic cathedral style to it.

      If you were closer I'd gladly book you for a tour on our pontoon! It's so relaxing and fun. ;)

      Hope you have a wonderful week Hon. xoxo

      Delete
  3. It's still hot and humid here, but is supposed to be better tomorrow.
    Your church is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope it cools off for you soon Mari! Thanks so much - I do love our church and we have such a fun young dynamic priest. ;)

      Blessings for a lovely week xoxo

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a wonderful weekend. It has been hot and humid here, hope we get some rain soon to cool things off.

    I try to keep band aids in my purse too, I also include nail clippers or a nail file, I HATE when a nail breaks, and it’s all jaggety.

    That’s a beautiful church!! Enjoy your nice quiet week, (after you get all that cleaning done, LOL). xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope it cools off for you soon my Dear! That humidity is the WORST!!

      I always need to have a nail file too. If I break a nail it drives me nuts until I can file it. Lol

      Thanks so much Sweetie - have a great week! xoxo

      Delete
  5. A wonderful quote. I hope that you had some time to relax on your long weekend and that it will be a good week for you. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a wonderful long weekend and we did get good quality time. Blessings on the rest of your week! xo

      Delete