Monday, October 19, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday


HHM

Good morning Friends! 

Hope your weekend was wonderful and you feel refreshed and ready to begin a new week ahead. We had lots of kiddo sports this weekend, and one kiddo with a 24 hour bug that wasn't fun. So this season of germs, colds and crud begins. Yuck!  But overall it was a nice weekend to catch up with life at home as we've been out-of-town the past couple of weekends. Now on to this week!



THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:

It's actually been a bit cooler lately, but today is mild and lovely. They say it may even hit mid 60's! Definitely go for a walk weather today.  It sounds like the rest of the week will be much cooler than that (50's and maybe even 40's) - with the end of our week getting some soaking rain.


ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

1/2 of a cranberry english muffin (so good!) with honey pecan cream cheese and a sprinkle of cinnamon. French toast flavored coffee from my kurig. 


  AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:

We actually just had a random cloud fly over and send a little sprinkle of rain. Still a bit cloudy. Several trees have lost their leaves already (boo!) but several are still in full color and they stand out so beautifully.  It's nice and calm today, but it was breezier this weekend and I watched many leaves fly off of our trees and I wanted to run out with my glue gun and put them right back on! Lol



RIGHT NOW I AM:

Finishing the last of my coffee and listening to classical music stream through pandora. I just finished putting together french toast casserole so it can soak all day before baking it tonight. I never got around to making it last week. I'm also working on my grocery and "to do" list for the week, and looking around my little office/craft room here and realizing how much it could use some tidying up and organization again! I have so many projects here and there that I've begun, but have yet to finish. I've been so scattered brained about that stuff lately and need to focus! It gets easier for me once I'm officially stuck indoors for the cold months. 


AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:

Some dishes to finish up and of course laundry!  Not too bad otherwise. 



ON TODAY'S TO DO LIST:

Finish up some cleaning this morning. I will have my MIL this afternoon and I definitely will want to go for a walk if this day is as lovely as they say. We'll go run some errands later, although I don't think I'll do my big grocery trip with her today.



CURRENTLY READING:

Still reading Lucky and enjoying more of my magazines - and even have some holiday ones and it's started my brain working on plans for gifts for the season ahead.


ON THE TV TODAY:

I have some Hallmark movies still taped to watch and a Grey's anatomy and couple episodes of The Voice. My hubby lost interest in that one so now I watch it on my own when I get a chance.  I also have some cooking shows taped. 



ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

MONDAY: french toast casserole, sausage and fruit

TUESDAY: turkey melt sandwiches & salad or soup

WEDNESDAY: pasties & leftover salad

THURSDAY: chili and corn bread

FRIDAY: leftovers

* I plan to bake an apple pie this week (it's my FIL's favorite) and make harvest loaf (a family favorite of yummy spiced pumpkin bread with mini chocolate chips and a spiced glaze). I'll share that recipe later this week. 



WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT:

I need to get my scatter brain to focus and finish some projects, however priority now to help my Mom finish the scrapbook gift she's working on for a relative.


NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:

Nothing really new this week - just old favorites but I will probably share cornbread and harvest loaf recipes.


TIP OF THE WEEK:

I love keeping some downy wrinkle releaser and odor control around. We're coming to the static cling time of year and this works great to give a quick spray to clothing before putting it on to stop it from clinging. It's kind of like febreeze with cling free power. Lol  I'm not getting paid or anything for this - it's just a product both my hubby and I absolutely LOVE. Plus, it works great on that piece of clothing that got wrinkled sitting in the laundry basket while waiting to be put away (thanks to my kiddos usually) and getting the wrinkles out fast. Either I spray the item and hang in closet to dry, or I spray it liberally and place in dryer for a couple of minutes.


FROM THE CAMERA:

Golden beauty and leaves a-falling:




video



PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:


I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.


17 comments:

  1. Morning, my sweet friend!
    Your post is full of autumn goodness!
    I cannot wait for that Harvest Loaf Recipe!!!!
    Have a nice, cozy day.
    We made spaghetti and meatballs last night, so leftovers today. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love sharing this time with you my Friend from afar! If only we could snuggle in with some coffee and share a piece of bread together. Sending you sweet wishes....if you'll send me meatball ones. Yum! Lol
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Good Morning, Carrie, although getting late in the morning by now! I always love these Monday posts from you - I feel like I am sitting with you sharing that delicious English muffin and a cup of coffee while we chat about our week and catch up on what's going on. Hope the kiddo is feeling better and doesn't pass on the fun :( 'Tis that time of year when they bring home every bug from school. I'm feeling that scattered feeling too, with projects begun, half finished or waiting on the burner.....Hubby fixed my stove - can you believe he actually found a heating element for my old stove? He's my hero. Looking forward to your recipes. Love the fall scenery there. That quote has got to be my new favorite :) Hope your week is not too hectic - you are amazing! Hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that you feel that way dear Karen - as I often feel the same way about your posts. I love that blogging can do that. Feel like I'm sharing a precious moment with a far off Friend. ;)

      I'm so glad I'm not the only one feeling scattered. And the holidays haven't even begun yet!! AAhhhh!!! Lol We keep trying to fight the bugs over here, but for some reason this Fall they're winning. So far it's bugs 2 kiddos 0 The one thing I DON'T like about this time of year. ;)

      I loved that quote too. Thanks for your friendship and support Karen. I feel it from afar and it means so much! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Good afternoon from the lovely state of NC :)
    That's an awesome tip about the Downy. We'll have to go out and get some today.
    Your pictures always make me nostalgic for something....not quite sure what....
    sigh.
    Have an awesome week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello dear Joanna and thanks!! I sure hope you feel nostalgic in a good way. ;) Lol

      I could not say enough about that Downy stuff - it's that good!! Lol
      Happy week to you. xoxo

      Delete
  4. That is a very wise quote isn't it. I hope that you have a great week! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed Amy. I just loved that quote when I saw it. Such simple but true words. ;) Happy week dear Gal! xoxo

      Delete
  5. Hi Carrie! It's looking very pretty over there. We hit 60 today too - nice after the snow flurries on Sat.!
    I never tried that wrinkle releaser, but it sounds like I should. :)
    Your French toast casserole also sounds like something I should try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mari my Girl!
      I still can't believe you had to deal with the s-word already!! Let's keep those flurries away for a while longer. Please!!
      A lot of the leaves have blown off now and looking awfully more bare around here. Boo!!
      Have a great week! xoxo

      Delete
  6. Carrie I am so jealous of your wonderful FALL weather and leaves!
    Enjoy that apple pie - there's nothing better on a crisp fall day.
    Beautiful quote today. Reminds me to be more thankful for all that we have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sending you sweet pumpkin bread, and apple pie smells! With geese flying, wood smoke swirled skies and crunchy leaves wishes. ;)
      xoxo

      Delete
  7. Good morning Carrie! I've noticed many trees have lost their leaves already as well. I wish autumn was just a bit longer.

    I had to smile about the laundry. It's not just kids that are guilty of that, as I can personally attest to fisherman doing that once too often. Drives me nuts! lol

    We should also experience some warmer weather this week after a few cold days recently. I guess that's summer's last hurrah.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, summer is really gone here too I think. Even more trees bare lately. Boo!! Guess it's time to embrace what comes next...but now snow I pray at least for awhile longer! SO not ready for that.
      Have a lovely week Doll. xoxo

      Delete
  8. I love The Voice and am waiting excitedly to watch tonight's episode (I think we may be on a different series to you? I'm watching the one where Adam shaves his head after the first round). Loved the last quote: absolutely agree! Have a great day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope - same series Helen! I love it too! ;)
      That quote just hit my heart too. Blessings to you my Friend. xoxo

      Delete
  9. Hope everyone is feeling better at your house. Not looking forward to anyone getting sick, but it seems inevitable. I’ve been thinking of you and your magazines, for some reason we have been getting all kinds of magazines to the house addressed to the previous owner. Weird how it just started all of a sudden, but some of them I’ve enjoyed reading :)

    I’ll have to try that wrinkle releaser product. My oldest son wears dress shirts to work, and a lot of time forgets to get them out of the dryer promptly. This would probably help. Hope you have a great week hon!! xx

    ReplyDelete