Monday, November 16, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday

 Happy Monday Folks!


We had a busy weekend and you can probably guess the culprit. If you said HOCKEY you're correct!! Lol  My son is a freshman and made the JV team and had some scrimmages on Saturday. And we were out-of-town yesterday for my daughter's hockey games. There was a big gap between my daughter's first and second games so we got a nice lunch in with other team parents. And then we did a bit of shopping too! So made a fun day of it too. Now on to this busy week ahead!



THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:

Pretty gray and yucky. Rainy and in the upper 40's. However, I can't complain. Yesterday where we were for hockey it was beautiful! It was sunny and mid 60's! Unbelievable for November around our area (we were about 2 hours away). Looks like it will get cooler as the week goes on and we have another chance of snow on Friday.


ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

Some peanut butter and honey toast. Coffee with peppermint mocha creamer.


  AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:

Watching the light rain fall outside.  Thinking about what is ahead for the week as I look at the gloomy gray and try to find my motivation. Lol



RIGHT NOW I AM:

My Mom still has her extra bible study class on some Mondays so I have my MIL for almost the whole day today. She's snuggling Ruby and we're watching Price is Right which she seems to actually be somewhat engaged with this AM. We laugh at some of the contestants and visit in between.


AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:

Laundry catch up, but overall still pretty tidy from the weekend - just some light cleaning and picking up.



ON TODAY'S TO DO LIST:

Plan to do some house chores. Make lunch for us later. Need to work on cleaning out some closet areas as we will be getting new carpet throughout most of the house this week! We'll be moving furniture from room to room depending which on they're carpeting that day. But several closets have storage things we'll need to move to get up out of the way so they can carpet them.  My MIL has a medical appointment one day this week I'll be bringing her to and my son has an appointment a different day this week too. Going to be a busy crazy sort of topsy turvy week - but nice to get things done before the holidays. I think maybe later I'll take my MIL and run some errands just to get out of the house and get some exercise for us both. May go look at some things I'd like to check out at the mall and can walk around there a bit since it's so rainy outside.



CURRENTLY READING:

Still re-reading my Anne of Green Gables later books and loving them! 


ON THE TV TODAY:

Still need to catch up on the Good Wife and have some cooking shows taped. I think I have some Hallmark movies taped too.



ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

MONDAY: Leftovers from the weekend

TUESDAY: homemade pizza and autumn salad, pear bars for dessert

WEDNESDAY: breakfast for dinner - cheesy veggie egg scramble with polish sausage on the side and english muffins 

THURSDAY: salisbury steak, slow cooker mashed potatoes and homemade gravy, veggie side dish 

FRIDAY: leftovers, order in, or something else easy



WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT:

Not much change here - scrapbooking. Potential cross stitch Christmas project.


NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:

If I make the mashed potatoes in the slow cooker - that will be a new way for me. Also, the salisury steak would be a different recipe.



TIP OF THE WEEK:

We have a decorative bowl on our island counter and I often try to keep bananas, apples, or our nature snacks (all natural) in it so we all try to chose a healthier option when the munchies hit. It's there and it's convenient!


FROM THE CAMERA:

Photos from this weekend - 

My daughter in white (#16) taking a shot on net!

Coach Dad (my hubby) next to some of the players during the game - including my Girl #16!


PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:


I'm linking with Sandra from Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.

20 comments:

  1. Good Monday morning!
    Sounds like a busy but fun weekend!
    And those slower mornings after are always welcome. : )
    I have a busy for me week...
    Out and about three days!!!
    Guess I'll have to get out of my pjs!
    Have a nice week, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well get gussied up and go be the hot Mama you are this week Billie Jo! Lol
      Hope you're having a great week Sweetie.
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a busy week ahead for you, I hope that it is all good. New carpet sounds wonderful! It is a lot of work though to move everything isn't it! Hope you have a good week. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! It's so nice to get things done - but the hassle part isn't fun. Plus busy week of appointments and other adventures. Just helps us appreciate the calm weeks that much more, right? Lol
      Blessings to you! xo

      Delete
  3. I love your "don't forget to be awesome!" I needed this after today. Nothing like the power company nearly mistakenly cutting my power off on a Monday morning, blah!
    Have a great week! Also, I love your new header :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Joanna!! I needed the awesome reminder too! Busy week. Sounds like we'd both like things to go more smoothly. Hope your week is going well Hon. xoxo

      Delete
  4. I was just talking to a friend today about hockey and how all consuming it is for parents (and kids)! It's a huge commitment of time and energy. I'm so glad my daughter wasn't heavily into sports ;).

    I do the same thing with the bowl on the counter, but I always end up reaching for something else that I shouldn't. That explains why every ounce I worked so hard to lose when my daughter got married is back! :/

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is a big commitment - and it gets old for me. But what can you do when you're outnumbered and your kiddos love it. Just join in (sigh) ;)

      I hear ya Doreen - I wish I was better about always choosing the healthier option too! Darn snack cupboard whispers sweet nothings to me and I can't resist. I'm so easy that way. Lol
      xoxo

      Delete
  5. I really like hockey, but I haven't been able to see much since I moved down from NH. Go Wildcats!
    Keep us in mind, because we may have a buyer. We will know on Wednesday. I hope so, because Arnie is leaving for Spain around Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow - I will be thinking of you and I'm sending prayers and wishful thoughts for good news on the house Margot! Keep me posted. xoxo

      Delete
  6. Such a busy and dedicated Mom - love that you cheer on your kiddos and that your hubs coaches! Brings back memories.....New carpet is always nice - hope you post photos. I have been cleaning closets, too, but just because I can't shut the doors anymore (lol!) Hope your week goes smoothly and you get some time for yourself, sweet girl. Hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Karen! Excited for the new carpet, but excited for all the hassle and furniture moving. It will be lovely to have nice new carpet for Christmas though! I will post pics in the future.
      Hope you're having a wonderful week dear Lady. xoxo

      Delete
  7. Your weeks always sound so full, but you sound so calm and together so I know you must be a super organized lady! A weekend full of hockey and that nice weekend weather seems like the perfect family time. I also love the idea of the healthier option choices, I'm going to try that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh trust me Tamy- I'm not and wish I were half as organized as you think I am. Lol! I just break things down week to week and do the best I'm able. Lots of calendar writing - reminders set to beep at me in my iphone etc.

      I sure hope all is going well in your crazy world and that things will go smoothly with all the projects ahead. I keep sending positive thoughts your way! Blessings. xoxo

      Delete
  8. I use my slow cooker for mashed potatoes on holidays. I make them normally, then transfer them to the slow cooker. It helps avoid that last minute rush. I like your tip this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The slow cooker sure is a best friend isn't Mari? I love that thing and use it often! I wish I had 2 ovens,but my trusty slow cooker helps me out so I don't get stuck. Great idea about the mashed potatoes! xoxo

      Delete
  9. Your tournament sounds like lots of fun!
    We got to enjoy that random 60 degree day here yesterday - boy was I loving it!
    I've never made thought to make mashed potatoes in the crock pot! What a great idea!
    Anne of Green Gables is just so perfect for this time of the year! :)
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This mild weather has been glorious! But sounds like it's going to end for us. Cold is coming!

      Anne and Avonlea movies are hitting the spot right now. Hope you're having awonderful week too my Dear! xo

      Delete
  10. Mashed potatoes in the slow cooker sounds interesting, let me know how that turns out. Wow, your son is on the JV team as a freshman, that’s awesome. I do love to watch hockey, but it is hard to keep up with it even on TV, I don’t know how you can do it live!! It’s such a fast moving game. How fun that your hubby coaches your daughter, so you are definitely a hockey mom!! :) I love your quote!! Have a great week hon!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I'll do a post on slow cooker mashed potatoes in the future. ;)

      I am a hockey Mom - but not always by choice! Lol Lots of hockey in my life.

      Hope you're having a great week too. xoxo

      Delete