Saturday, November 14, 2015

Thanksgiving Page & Thankful Letter



Happy Weekend! 


Today I wanted to share this Thanksgiving scrapbook page I finished recently.  As you can see it has a lot of the fun traditional Thanksgiving goodies on it.



There's a "thankful" title, turkey, mashed potatoes, cranberry, and even pumpkin pie! Lol Love the dimensional Jolee stickers!!  I used this pretty Fall looking floral background scrapbook paper. I then used my circle cutters to cut out different shaped circles and even some of the rings left from cutting out the circles...like the layering it gives.





I'm not sure what photo I want to "officially" use yet on this page for when I use it in my album. But I put this older photo of my son and daughter had taken in the Autumn years ago. I had used it in my Christmas card that year (probably 5 years ago now already!) But you can see below it I  added a unique touch as well it the envelope.





I liked the idea of using this envelope and cardstock "letter" that could be used to write thankful thoughts and other memory journaling. Or I think it would be really neat to have everyone in the family write something they're thankful for on it and it would be a great keepsake too. So I cut cardstock to fit the envelope and then embellished with a Fall leaf sticker. Then I used ribbon to easily open and close it. 




I think a project like this would be equally lovely framed and used that way and not in a scrapbook. It could be put in a frame that could sit on the table (or hang on the wall) and could be used each Thanksgiving. Just put a new piece of cardstock to write what everyone is thankful for each year. It would be fun to pull it out each year and look back at what was written down the previous year.  Wouldn't that be a lovely yearly tradition?



I just wanted to end this post by saying how thankful I am for you, my wonderful blogland friends! Your comments on my post yesterday blew me away. When I have time later I will be commenting individually, but I just need to say how much it meant to me that you would share such supportive comforting words and thoughts with me. Several even shared your own experiences with Alzheimer's disease...and your reassurance in letting me know our family is far from alone going through something like this meant so much to me! I send you all warm hugs, and again deepest thanks. You moved me deeply.  


I'm linking with Andrea from Scrapality for Scraptastic Saturday.



scraptasticbutton




12 comments:

  1. Lovely layout! I am looking forward to Thanksgiving and all the wonderful food and family--oops, I should get my priorities right and say family and food--we'll enjoy! Your idea for a family tradition of writing what everyone is thankful for is a good one. My family has been doing that every year by going around the room with a video recording for everyone to say what they are thankful for. Before we started doing videos, we recorded on cassette tapes. And way back when my great-grandfather was alive my family did something similar every Christmas on a record. I think my grandparents still have those records somewhere in their attic. We try to listen to one recording from a prior year every Thanksgiving as well, if we have time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness Bethany! That is so beautiful!! What a great idea to record everybody and that you have some of those treasured family members recorded even that far back. Just wow!! Do you listen to/watch ones of the past during the holidays then? What a wonderful idea. xoxo

      Delete
  2. I have always wanted to make my own envelopes. You are soooo crafty Carrie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually didn't make this one Margot - but I have in the past! Lol I just looked it up (I think on youtube) and that's how I made a previous one.

      Thanks HOn and blessings to you! xo

      Delete
  3. I can just imagine 30+ years from now your kids will be going through all the scrapbooks that you lovingly prepared and thinking 'damn, our mother was one crafty babe'!

    It's such a lovely hobby to have Carrie!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bahahaha!! I'm sure that's just what they'll be thinking Doreen. ;)
      More like - why did she make all this crap and keep it so now we have to help clean it out. Lol
      Thanks Doll! xoxo

      Delete
  4. You are so talented Carrie! You make lovely things and I am sure that you family will be thankful for all of the memories that you have stored in this way. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaawww - thanks so much Amy. You're so sweet. It's something I love, so my family will have these memories like it or not. Lol :)
      Blessings. xo

      Delete
  5. What a wonderful, beautiful and sweet page. You are so gifted at making things fun, traditional and beautiful all at once. AND I love that picture of your kids!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tamy!! You're so kind and sweet. It's just something I need to do for my creative outlet. I still love it even after all of these years.

      Blessings my Dear! xo

      Delete
  6. I love the pic of your kiddos…how adorable!! I am going to have to scan one of the pages that my mom puts in her albums, I think you would love the idea, she has been doing it for years. What she does is she has a page in the album, with a blank piece of paper, and some kind of Christmas holiday decoration in the corner. When anyone comes to visit during the holidays, she has them “sign the album,” and that is why the page is blank, for our friends and family to write a greeting or just sign their names. It’s especially fun to see the kids sign their names. But it’s a bit of a competition with my two brothers, one the tattoo artist and the other a graphic artist, they have to draw clever designs with holiday greetings, and try to out-do each other. It’s a nice addition to the album. This is also the main album she updates all that went on for the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH wow - I so would love to see that! What a great idea and what a treasured keepsake to have to look on in the album. Love it!! Thanks for sharing my Carrie-girl! xoxo

      Delete