Friday, December 4, 2015

Five on Friday: Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

Happy Friday my Friends!! 


The weekend is here! And it sure feels like the holidays are in the air everywhere. From the stores, Christmas music on the radio, the commercials on t.v., and even in my own home. That's what I want to share with you today - some Christmas moments around my home.  I've been busy getting all the Christmas goodies out around here and decorated my trees...and even wrapped a few presents!! I'm ahead of the game this year (for me) and have done a lot of shopping already. I have a few things yet to get, I need to finish decorating outside, and get my Christmas cards made out - but otherwise it's looking good around here. Bring on the Christmas spirit full force! Time for snuggling in with Christmas movies, drinking cocoa and eggnog, baking up a storm and just soaking it all in. Here are some Christmas moments around my northwoods home: 


ONE





I put up the big star on my mantle again this year with lots of candles. I LOVE the glow at night. But other then that it's all woodland touches with cedar garland, my deer, woodland angel with forest animals and trees, and this pretty berry wreath. I love using lots of nature touches in my decorating as it fits my home so well.





TWO




And of course many touches of the real reason for the season to me, the birth of Jesus. I love my new little church in the snow with such sweet little details - even a mini creche scene. And my nativity that my Mom made for me - LOVE!!! 




THREE


And I've been having fun wrapping some gifts already. I love to play with the bows and ribbons and I often buy really pretty unique tags on etsy.com. I love to doctor the packages up all pretty and I often add little things to the top - like an ornament or a sprig of berries. I'm also often drawn to wrap that fit the colors of my home or have nature scenes on them. So fun - and it's those little details that show the love, right? ;) 




FOUR


And it's not just me - even others have been getting in the spirit around here! When Ruby went to get cleaned up and trimmed at the groomers she came home with pretty bows, a jingle bell collar and a new squeaky toy. She was a happy Girl! And my sweet MIL got in on the act when she helped draw the name for my giveaway. Love the smiles the Christmas season brings. 



FIVE



And of course it's all about the trees! Lol  This is our "downstairs" tree (it's very Downton Abbey over here - Ha!), which is in our media room where we like to relax and watch t.v. on the big screen. It's also more of the kiddo hang out. This is the tree my kiddos decorate and holds all of our family memories ornaments. 










And this is the "upstairs" tree in the more formal living room, that I get to decorate how I like. The past several years I've kept it decked out in the colors of my home. It's got gold bead garland (like jewelry for my tree - I'm such a girl sometimes - haha), ribbon garland in golds and browns, gold, cream, brown and tan ornaments. Lots of the decorations have nature on them like dragon flies, berries, leaves and I even have a few owl ornaments. I also like to put picks of flowers in the tree - like cream hydrangea and lily looking flowers. The day I started decorating it was snowing so pretty outside. I love that this tree even looks really pretty in the daytime too. But the best is when everything is glowing at night. 

Wishing you all a happy cozy weekend! I'm linking with Amy from Love Made My Home for Five on Friday.








25 comments:

  1. It all looks so beautiful and cozy, Carrie, with the glowing trees and the lovely, snowy scene outside! Love your little dome vignette, and the angel back-lit by the glowing tree is just so pretty. And how adorable is sweet little Ruby? I enjoyed my visit - only wish I lived next door. Have a wonderful weekend! Hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen - and I wish you were next door too! The lovely chats & fun we would have together!! Let's be neighbors in spirit then. Sending you cinnamon plum tea thoughts, with a side of sugar cookie in front of the tree & bay, and a Ruby snuggle thrown in. ;)

      Delete
  2. You have a wonderful home and you have decked it out for the season beautifully, so warm and welcoming. Even better with the snow outside and all the pretty lights. Stunning! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much sweet Gal! It's such a fun holiday to decorate the house with all of my treasures from year to year. Blessings to you. Xoxo

      Delete
  3. Hi Carrie - your home looks beautifully decorated and very cosy. I am absolutely hopeless at gift wrapping. I love your dog and how cute does she look. Have a great weekend. Joan at www.aviewtothefells.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joan! But I can't believe that about the gifts with someone as crafty as you! Hope you had a great weekend & have a lovely week ahead! Xo

      Delete
  4. Oh my!!!!!
    How much do I love this?!?!
    Your home is so festive and cozy!!!!
    I'd love to join you for a movie and cocoa in front of that beautiful tree. : )
    Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a date Billie Jo. Lol ;) xoxo Blessings.

      Delete
  5. You have such beautiful decorations around your home. Your nativity scene is wonderful too, a real sign of Christmas. Ruby looks adorable doesn't she! I wonder if she will keep the festive look all through the month! Thank you for joining Five On Friday. I hope that you have a great weekend - and enjoy your decorations! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Amy! Ruby thanks you too. Lol Have a great week ahead!

      Delete
  6. Carrie, your trees are gorgeous and your house looks so elegant! I love your cute doggy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful decorations, particularly the berry wreath and your trees. Is that a white baby grand I spied, she said with deep envy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Yes, that is a baby grand and she's my "baby" Lol! I was really blessed to walk into a perfect situation with some folks moving and downsizing and I was able to get it for a song (pun intended) ;)

      Blessings to you! xoxo

      Delete
  8. Ruby is ADORABLE!!! Love the "pig-tail" ribbons!
    Growing up we always had an upstairs and downstairs tree too. Yours are both beautiful.
    I've started wrapping gifts already too. My mom taught me to wrap as I buy so that you can enjoy the process instead of waiting so late that it's overwhelming. Plus, then you get to enjoy how beautiful they look before giving them away!
    Have a cozy, Christmasy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear Laura! I love that photo of Rub "smiling" as that's how she is - just pure sweetness and joy. ;)

      Your Mom was one smart Cookie! I get better each year, it seems, at wrapping more timely so not so much at the end. But not quite as good as wrapping everything as I buy. Maybe some day. lol

      Blessings to you my Laura-girl xoxo

      Delete
  9. WOW your house looks amazing. I just love how festive and colorful! And what a beautiful nativity! Happy getting ready form Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tamy! Loving the glow everywhere. Fills my home, and my soul, with light. ;)
      Blessings Sweetie xoxo

      Delete
  10. It's all such fun at this time of the year, isn't it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your home looks so peaceful with the Christmas finery around. Beautiful decorations. And I love that shot of through the window with the snow on the trees. No snow for us yet, looks like it'll be a green Christmas with the warm weather. Have a great week!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy! Looks like we may end up with a green Christmas too - they way it's going. Praying for at least a little white. ;)
      Blessings xoxo

      Delete
  12. Enjoyed the photos of your decorations. Ruby looks adorable, and it looks like you are ready for the holidays! Enjoyed seeing your smile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, wait, that's your MIL's smile! Awesome to see it anyway!

      Delete
    2. Thanks Bethany! We have been having holiday fun around here. ;)
      Blessings to you xoxo

      Delete