Monday, December 7, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday


Good morning & Happy Monday Friends! 


I hope all is going great in your neck of the woods! It was another busy hockey weekend here. However, we were able to get a few things accomplished before being gone for the weekend, and got some more holiday shopping completed and quite a bit of gift wrapping! Feeling holidays here all the way - other than the green grass outside! Where did my white Christmas go???


THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:

In the 30's and pretty mild. No wind at all. All of that snow we were supposed to get last week was mostly rain! So it is green outside now. The end of last week the weather was so mild (almost 50) that it almost felt like our Spring around here! Seems so weird. I'm hoping that we'll get at least a little snow before Christmas!


ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

Toast and sliced apple with my Annie and my MIL. My MIL and I also had gingerbread coffee. Annie opted for egg nog - she's feeling that holiday spirit too. Lol. I needed to take my MIL early today - so she got to go with to help get Annie to school too.


  AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:

Looking out at gray skies, calm bay, green grass. Still been seeing lots of squirrel activity. I'm sure they're enjoying these mild temps and finding a few more goodies for the winter.



RIGHT NOW I AM:

Sitting in the chair - watching news with my MIL as she sits on the couch and snuggles with Ruby. Once in a while we chat back and forth. She's having a harder time finding her words today - so she was trying to tease me and tell me she's "keeping me in check" but instead said she's "keeping me in trike". But I get the idea and no matter what she says I play along and we have some very interesting lengthy conversations at time. It makes her so happy, though, to feel like we're having "coffee conversation" like days of old.


AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:

Still pretty tidy from when I cleaned up before we left for hockey. All of my Christmas decorations are out and it all looks festive and cozy.



ON TODAY'S TO DO LIST:

Going to run errands and get groceries with my MIL. I'll make something quick and easy for their dinner to send home with her. Then I'll head to grab my daughter from school and go to a PTA meeting there tonight. 



CURRENTLY READING:

Still catching up on holiday magazines.

 


ON THE TV TODAY:

I haven't even looked at what we have taped. I'm kind of bummed that Dancing with the Stars is done already. And several other favorite shows are on break until next year. I think I have some cooking shows taped and some Hallmark movies. 



ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

MONDAY: chicken salad sandwiches (winter version with apple, craisins, pecans & dill in the mix), maybe soup or salad to go with it.

TUESDAY: BBQ meatballs, cheesy potatoes & green beans.

WEDNESDAY: leftovers or something easy as it's a busy kiddo's activities night

THURSDAY: breakfast pizza, fruit

FRIDAY: not sure - leaving open in case we go out to look at Christmas lights and go out to dinner



WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT:

Still working on Christmas projects


NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:

breakfast pizza will be a new recipe



TIP OF THE WEEK:

Sometimes a quick and easy way to have some yummy meals at the ready is to make in smaller sizes - like a muffin tin. Make mini meatloaves, or egg bake muffins that take less cooking time. Then place the cooked goodies on a cookie sheet to freeze for about an hour - take them back out and place in zip lock labeled freezer bags. Easy breakfast or dinner at the ready!



FROM THE CAMERA:
My hockey Girl lined up with her teammates at the outdoor rink yesterday.


Hot cocoa bar I set up next to my keurig - more on this later in the week.


A peek at my tree from the outside looking in from my deck.

PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:
Jesus is the Reason for the Season - Primitive Country Painted Wall Sign, Christmas Decoration, Holiday sign,Christmas Sign,inspirational
Remembering what's really important this time of the year.

I'm linking with Sandra from Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.

20 comments:

  1. Oh, I love the view from outside! So pretty! And I love how you treat your MIL. When my mom had Alzheimers, it drove me crazy when people would try to correct her. Correction would just agitate her, helping nothing! Your MIL is very blessed to have you in her life. Hoping for snow at Christmas and that it all melts by January 7. LOL xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Judy! I know you relate so well - and I completely agree about how everything goes so much better if you go into the world that my MIL is in - and not trying to correct her needlessly, and pointlessly really. She's so happy when I'm "in her world" with her. That is her reality, which is all that matters.

      I 2nd your sentiments exactly!! Lol! A nice white Christmas and New Year's and then it can go away again. ;) xoxo

      Delete
  2. I LOVE YOUR HOUSE! I love the view. Also, I am so impressed with your hockey girl. I hope you have a cozy week, with lots of snow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaww - thanks Joanna!! You're such a Sweetie. ;)

      I'm sure proud of my hockey girl. Nice and cozy, but now no snow an it's so weird!! Lol
      Blessings xoxo

      Delete
  3. Oh, Carrie, your tree look so beautiful in the window like that! It kind of reminds me of the way ours used to look back in the day. I kinda miss it :(.

    It really warms my heart when I read about your MIL. She's so fortunate to have you. You're truly a gem with a heart of gold.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I love sharing my tree with you Doreen - consider it as much yours as mine. ;)

      You are so sweet and the things you say always go right to my heart and get me teary. I definitely try to do the best I'm able, and I love her so I think that covers everything. Lol

      Blessings my Friend. xoxo

      Delete
  4. Cozy...cozy...cozy!!!!
    And I am with you!!!
    Where is the snow?!?!
    I need it to help me get in the spirit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knooowww Billie Jo!! I think Old Man Winter retired to Florida a little too early. Lol ;) Missing the snow and it gets me in the holiday mood too. Hopefully a little before Christmas.
      Blessings. xoxo

      Delete
  5. Carrie,
    I hope it doesn't snow until the 25th at least! I have to drive north for two days and then then moving truck comes on the 28th.
    Where do you get the snowman marshmallows???
    Margot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Margot - for your sake then, the snow can hold off. Lol! May God bless you and grant you safe journeys dear Lady!

      I got those marshmallows in some cocoa kits from Michael's that had the candy cane stirrers with them too. ;)
      xoxo

      Delete
  6. I hope that you have a great week and enjoy the non snow to make it easier to prepare for Christmas. Your last picture is the most important bit of all isn't it. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy!
      AndI completely agree that the last photo (Jesus) is really what it's all about. ;)
      Blessings xoox

      Delete
  7. I love the view of your tree from outside! So spectacular looking!
    That's a great homemaking tip! And I know my boys will love meatloaf even more if they look like cupcakes!
    It was 55 degrees and sunny here today - so weird! As nice as these warm temperatures are, I'd be happy with some snow too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! I never thought about that angle of the muffins for kiddos - but you're so right!! I bet it would help entice them.

      It has been weird weather - but I would so love just a little snow! ;)
      Blessings xoxo

      Delete
    2. Thanks Laura! I never thought about that angle of the muffins for kiddos - but you're so right!! I bet it would help entice them.

      It has been weird weather - but I would so love just a little snow! ;)
      Blessings xoxo

      Delete
  8. You're such a good hockey mom! You still have plenty of time and likelihood of having that white Christmas! Our weather has warmed up and I am hoping for it to get colder again!

    Your MIL is so lucky to have you. I'm sure it's a greay comfort to her. I love that picture of the hot cocoa bar. Have a great week my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tamy! I try my best with the hockey, but sometimes it gets old (& COLD - ha!) Lol ;)

      I love my MIL and try to be the best help to her I'm able to be. We've been loving the cocoa bar over here. ;)
      Blessings to you! xo

      Delete
  9. Lots of lovely goodies today, Carrie. Your tree looks so beautiful - what a great shot! I like your cooking tip - I could have done that when I had three hungry little mouths to run after :)
    So you watch Dancing with the Stars - we are so proud of our Bindi :)
    Say Hi to those squirrels from me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Trish! ;)
      I'm SO bummed that DWTS is done again already. I LOVED Bindi so so much, and pulled for her every week. She seems like a national treasure that Gal. What a Sweetheart, and I loved her Dad so much too and his show. Miss him. I still try to be a wildlife warrior. And now a peace warrior as well.

      That was such a hoot to me, that Bindi was obsessed with our squirrels. Lol I'll say hi to a few for you. ;)
      God bless dear Lady. xoxo

      Delete
  10. Everything looks so lovely! Looks like you are all ready for Santa and to celebrate the miracle of the season.

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete