Thursday, February 4, 2016

Root Beer Pulled Pork

Today I wanted to pop in quickly and say hello and share this root beer pulled pork sandwich recipe. It's one that I plan to make this weekend, and have not yet tried. However, it sounds easy and looks very tasty. I found it on Pinterest and you can find it on my favorite recipes board here.  I plan to serve these sandwiches alongside a salad of some kind (not sure if I'm going to make a green salad or pasta salad) and some corn on the cob. Kind of picnic style meal. :)  Especially since I'm planning to have my friend Billie Jo's recipe for cherry berry pie for dessert! You can find her blog here.  Here is the root beer pulled pork recipe:


Root Beer Pulled Pork Sandwiches


Ingredients
  • 1.5 – 2 lb. pork roast
  • 1 envelope dried onion soup mix
  • salt and pepper
  • 1 can root beer
  • 2 c. barbecue sauce (You’ll be dividing it for the recipe.)
  • 10 buns
Instructions
  1. Place the thawed pork roast on a work space and sprinkle with the dried soup mix. Pat it on there all over the roast. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper and place in the crock pot.
  2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the can of root beer and half a cup of barbecue sauce. Pour it over the roast.
  3. Place the lid on the crock pot and cook on low heat for 6 1/2 to 7 hours. Remove the roast from the crock pot and shred it with two forks. Then remove all but about a cup of the juice.
  4. Put the shredded pork in the crock pot with the cup of juice, then add the remaining 1 1/2 c. of barbecue sauce. Stir it into the meat and cook on high for 15 to 20 minutes to get the meat heated up.



Looks like it could be a great game day recipe for Super Bowl Sunday too. ;) 



14 comments:

  1. Ohhhh...I almost forgot Sunday was superbowl! Guess you can tell I'm a fan lol.

    I think I had this dish, or one very similar, at a red neck party a couple of years ago. If I recall it was amazing!

    Go Jets!

    Lol ok, j/k...go Panthers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy to share the Super Bowl reminder Doreen! Lol!! Blessings on your weekend my Dear. xoxo

      Delete
  2. Ohhhh...I almost forgot Sunday was superbowl! Guess you can tell I'm a fan lol.

    I think I had this dish, or one very similar, at a red neck party a couple of years ago. If I recall it was amazing!

    Go Jets!

    Lol ok, j/k...go Panthers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Root beer!? I bet that's tasty!
    Have a fun weekend. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy - I think lots of folks use coke too. Hope you have a wonderful weekend too! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Now this sounds amazing!!!!!
    Enjoy it...and the pie! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did - and your pie is SOOOO good!! Another winner. ;) Blessings Sweetie. xoxo

      Delete
  5. My husband would enjoy this, thanks for sharing :-) I don't eat red meat but still like making recipes for the rest of my family to enjoy ;-) Have a great weekend!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sweetie!! You're a good healthy Gal - love it!! ;) Blessings on your weekend. xoxo

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Very tasty Mari!! Blessings on your weekend Sweetie. xoxo

      Delete