Saturday, February 13, 2016

Valentine Letter Scrapbook Page

Hello and Happy Valentine's weekend Friends!  


I've been having such fun, lately, catching up on some crafts and some scrapbooking. I recently completed a scrapbooking layout that would be perfect for a Valentine's page...or really any layout page where you wanted to express love for family, a friend, or romantic loved one. 






It's pretty and it allows for several spaces to place photos, or to use as a journaling box. 








As you can see I needed to work on half a page at a time to achieve the whole layout I was looking for when it was done. So I placed the pages side by side as I worked. I love this pretty heart paper I found - it was a perfect easy backdrop. Then I went to work cutting out and placing my boxes, and my word boxes and my large heart. I then decided i wanted to use some parts on both pages and cut those pieces in half. 



And as you can see on this half I added the letter spot. I knew I wanted to have a separate spot for a "love letter" of sorts. Whether to write to a family member or a romantic loved one. I just think there's a charm to pulling out a letter to read at a different time in the future. 



Can you see where I'm going with these 2 separate sides that will come together as 1 layout?



Here's a closer view of the envelope I embellished and then adhered to the page.




One can then pull out the letter and read whatever secret special note a person wants to leave there for that special someone. Maybe a Mother to her Kiddos...or maybe a Wife to her Husband. Hhmmmm??? Regardless, it's secret of course. ;)   A little love banner needed to be drawn across the top to insure the reader knew this was a note of love. 







Other pretty embellishments were drawn or stuck on here and there.



And then when it's all done, and in the scrapbook, it comes together as a pretty completed layout ready for photo memories. 

I'm linking with Andrea of Scrapality for Scraptastic Saturday.  Happy Valentine's Day to All of you my Friends!!!

scraptasticbutton




10 comments:

  1. This is so pretty, Carrie! I especially love that embellished envelope. My secret letter to hubby could read, 'Your life would be so much better if you got a German Shepherd puppy for your wife.' LOL. Have fun scrapbooking. (I can't believe that my predictive texting actually had that word in its vocabulary.) Happy Valentine's Day to you, dear girl. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This gave me a good laugh! Thanks Judy - and hope you get that puppy!!
      HOpe you had a wonderful St. Valentine Day! xoox

      Delete
  2. I love these! So pretty and sweet. I hope you have a fun Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - hope you did too Tamy!! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Happy Valentine's Day to you! I've just been scrolling back to see what you've been up to - what great ideas! It's my parents' 50th wedding anniversary actually on Valentine's Day, neither of them are romantic in the slightest but they must be doing something right!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Well romance isn't always everything, right?? ;) Congrats to them and hope you had a Happy Heart Day too Alison! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Very pretty! Glad you are doing more scrapbooking. Happy Valentines! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so pretty and I love the idea of the envelope!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mari! Hope you had a lovely St. Valentine's Day! xoxo

      Delete