Thursday, March 24, 2016

Happy Easter Ideas

Hello and Happy Thursday my Friends! 


Annie and I have been having a busy and fun Spring break week. We had a fun shopping outing and lunch with my Mom (her Nana) yesterday. We found several treasures at the craft store - including this topper to put on my pan of lemon bars this weekend:







And then at one shop this sweet little polka dot eared bunny called out to me - so I brought her home and put her among the teacups.




How could I resist that sweet face?







But I thought since there is no 5 on Friday tomorrow I would share some fun Easter recipes and ideas here today.  Around our home we will be attending mass on Easter Sunday morning and then come back here to greet relatives coming over for ham dinner.






These are photos from last year - but it will be very similar. I will put out a pretty vintage Spring embroidered table cloth. Set the table with pretty china and fresh flowers. Have appetizers (like my deviled eggs) waiting to nibble, as we visit and enjoy each others company before dinner.  It will be a day of rejoicing, good food and lovely family time.





A festive Easter egg sugar cookie fruit "pizza" with strawberry cream cheese frosting. You can make it super simple with a sugar cookie mix or make it from scratch. | Persnickety Plates:
photo from pinterest

I will be making little mini fruit pizzas as one of our desserts - but I love this idea from pinterest for an egg shaped fruit pizza. You can find it here.






Need an easy Easter dessert or spring snack idea? These flower pretzel bites are as delicious as they are pretty. This pretzel snack recipe requires only three ingredients (white candy melts, waffle pretzels and pastel M&Ms) to make the perfect combination of sweet and salty that will satisfy everyone’s taste buds.:

photo from pinterest


I think this idea for little flower pretzel bites is pretty (& look yummy) too! You can find it here.




Easter Chocolate Covered Strawberries Shaped Like Carrots... Pinterest really ups the ante each year!:
photo courtesy of pinterest

And how adorable are these orange dyed chocolate dipped strawberry "carrot" cups? Wouldn't kiddos have fun helping with this one? So fun and creative. Find this recipe here.




Our suncatcher template, tissue paper and transparency cutouts make a fun Easter kids craft. - Everyday Dishes & DIY:
photo: pinterest

There are so many fun craft ideas on pinterest too. Love these Easter suncatchers! So pretty and even nice to keep up for the rest of Spring. Find directions here.






Learn how to make a palm cross for Palm Sunday. Easy instructions for this traditional Christian Easter craft.:
photo: pinterest


I thought these crosses made from the palms received at Palm Sunday mass were really sweet. Find directions here.





Yarn-Easter-Egg-Tutorial-Easter-Crafts:
photo: pinterest

And I think these yarn eggs would be so fun to make!! Find the directions here.






But most of all I wanted to wish you all a very Happy and Blessed Easter and share what I believe is the heart of this holiday. Jesus suffered, died, and rose again for us. We will be celebrating that He has Risen!!  I will be taking a break from posting for the weekend now. But I will be back here on Monday for Happy Homemaker. Hope to see you here then! xo









7 comments:

  1. Love your sweet bunny, my friend!
    Have a blessed Easter with your people!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that you have a happy and blessed Easter and enjoy the time with your family! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many cute ideas, Carrie! Love your Easter table setting and your sweet deviled egg plates. Have a blessed Easter! Hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Easter table looks very pretty and festive Carrie. I will have my sisters (and HBs) visiting, and plan on an Easter cake topped with pretty pastel eggs, maybe on a lace cloth. You show lots of good ideas - the carrot/strawberry is so clever, and looks yum. Bunny is adorable. Happy Easter my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Easter to you dear Carrie!!!
    Beautiful tablecloth and delicious desserts!
    Margot

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love these ideas! They are all so colorful and Springy. That bunny you picked up is just adorable.
    A family with two girls was sitting behind us at Mass last Sunday and made those exact crosses out of palms for each of my boys - so sweet, right!? - so I'm glad you linked to the how-to!
    Easter Blessings to you and your family my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You set a beautiful table, Carrie! It looks like your family was spoiled this Easter. The flower pretzels look lovely--and delicious!

    ReplyDelete