Friday, April 15, 2016

Five on Friday: Good Things

Happy TGIF one and All! ;)  


I'm a little late with my 5 for today, but I still want to join the party. So I'll try to be brief and let you get on with your (hopefully) wonderful weekend!! I just want to share some good things from this past week.


ONE







Those of you that follow my blog regularly know that I've been all about the weather lately! Lol I've been CRAVING some wonderful Spring days and they've finally shown up!! It's been wonderful to sit out on my deck and watch the last of the ice float off of our bay into the big lake. Ruby and I have been sunbathing and playing frisbee catch. ;)  I've also finally been back to grilling outside for dinner (one of my favorite spring/summer activities)! And the other night we ended a lovely grilled meal with the dessert I had  made: peanut butter & jelly pound cake. Pretty tasty and my kiddos really loved it! You can find the post about it and recipe here.







TWO



I was sidetracked on some of the priority projects that I should be working on, recently, with making a few more cards. I had to break in those new stamps I picked up, right? I mean one should test them out a bit to make sure they'll be decent for future projects. Lol  I'll be sharing more on those cards in a post tomorrow.






THREE

I've recently begun a new health program. My neighbor (& great friend...we graduated high school together and play wallyball with a group of Gals) had been doing it since the Fall with wonderful results. She says she feels so much healthier & has done some body transformation. Her cousin lost 70 lbs...and a co-worker of hers more than that! I have been working to be healthier, but wanted something more structured and that's what this program is for me. As well as, products that I've felt good on and haven't upset my stomach (like different programs in the past). Plus, the different items I eat and drink taste good! I still eat normal dinners each night (other than cleanse day) and I've been choosing healthier portions and items when I do. Also, I do one cleanse day a week & that has been most interesting. I'm clearing toxins out of my body, but in a very safe way. It's only been about a week but I'm feeling really good and have more energy & we'll see what the future brings. I'm starting on a one month program and we'll go from there.  My hubby has been working to be healthier doing his own chosen changes and has already lost about 14 lbs! Why is it so much easier for men? ::sigh::






FOUR

I've also had some fun recently ordering some spring/summer clothing out of a few different catalogs. I just invested in a few basics that I could use right now....but I'm truly invested in these lifestyle changes I've been making and hoping I will need to order some smaller sizes in the future! ;)






FIVE











My Annie is in a drama club at her grade school. Her teacher writes a play each year and the kids play the various parts. The play this year was very cute and was about a girl going through a kind of time warp and ending up in various times and places. She would then run into an interesting mash-up of characters - from Edgar Allen Poe, to Julius Caesar, to Shakespeare, and even characters like Darth Vadar and Dr. Who! It was pretty clever and funny and Annie played several roles. She was the powerful tyrant Julius Caesar, a witch (like from the Wizard of Oz) in a fairytale scene, and a teenager hanging out at the mall with Dr. Who. Lol! Like I said quite a mash-up. She had several relatives come watch too and bring her bouquets of flowers after each performance (it ran 2 nights). She ended up with her own lovely vase full in her room, but I got the leftovers for my kitchen counter. ;)  

I haven't downloaded photos from my camera yet, so these are just some quick group cast photo pics I grabbed with my iphone. I also caught a little video from the first scene. Here's my Girl in action:




I'm linking with Amy from Love Made My Home for Five on Friday.







13 comments:

  1. Good luck with your new direction of managing your health! Now that the spring weather is here for both of us, I'm feeling a bit chubby after the winter and need to get control of things again. Why can't I feel motivated in the winter?! It sounds like your daughter is really enjoying the drama club. Congratulations to her for her performance! Have a great weekend Carrie :)
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean Wendy!?! What is it about Winter and just wanting to snuggle in and cook & bake and EAT!? Lol Good luck with your motivations this Spring too.

      Thanks so much and hope this is a wonderful week ahead.
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. I need to make healthier choices with regards eating which is so much easier in the better weather. I eat healthier, enjoying salads and walk so much more. Unfortunately we are back to lower temperatures and rain this week. Looking forward to seeing the cards you are making.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems to be a struggle so many of us deal with regularly. Harder sometimes to choose those healthier options. I think it's best we all work to do the best we can and I find that now I "set myself up for success" which helps. Meaning I plan ahead more and even pack my purse with healthy snacks so I'm not tempted in other ways. It's helped a lot!

      Hope you have a great week ahead. xoxo

      Delete
  3. Drama club is such a fun activity, I wish my children were interested. I am glad the show went well. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much sweet Christina! It was a success and so fun. ;)
      Blessings. xoxo

      Delete
  4. My goodness your daughter is my daughter's twin, they are so alike! Can you PM me your email address and I'll send you a couple of pics! Maybe they could be pen pals ? If you give me your address I'll fet Erin to write to Annie, she loves things like that. Have a lovely weekend,
    Jillxo
    jill@emeraldcottage.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh this just brought the biggest smile to my face Jill!! LOVE love love this idea!! I will email you in a few minutes so you have my info. I'm sure Annie would just love this idea too!!

      Blessings. xoxo

      Delete
  5. Oh you remind me of me...videoing every ballet performance my daughter was in! :-) Your Annie did a great job! Lovely springtime back yard. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Marie! Treasured and precious moments for sure. Such a blessing to be able to record them and watch back one day.

      HOpe you have a blessed week ahead. xoox

      Delete
  6. Glad Spring arrived. Your views are nice. Hope your new eating/drinking programs gives you good results. It's always annoying how much easier it is for my hubby to lose weight, too. Oye. Hats off to Annie for her performance. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Ellen! It's been wonderful having more Spring days -and helps with the exercise motivation as I enjoy it outdoors so much more!!

      Blessings on your week my Dear. xoox

      Delete
  7. With all my goofing off, I'm down ten pounds since the first of the year. Not because I'm working at it. I'm still in overload and still mourning the loss of my kitty and my brother. But good for you! I need just a few more days, and I'll be back to my program.

    Your daughter is so adorable and the bit I saw, so talented. With five younger brothers and a son, I missed all the fun of a little girl.

    Looking forward to seeing your cards.

    ReplyDelete