Friday, April 8, 2016

Five on Friday: Lately...

Hello my Friends! Happy TGIF to you. ;)  


I thought since I'm kind of late to 5 on Friday today, I'd just share some quick tidbits about what's been going on around here lately.  


ONE




I recently decided to pick up some fun little stamps and ink for future artsy projects. Plus, I've been making more cards & they're an easy way to add some fun messages. But then of course you need to have some cute containers to keep them in, right?





TWO








Speaking of artsy time, I keep getting side tracked with my watercolor pencils. Not that I don't have several more legitimate projects (some I'm even making as gifts) I should be focused on...but then my brain just needs a switch and there I am blending colors and watercoloring away. ::sigh:: If I only knew how to stay focused - I'd accomplish so much more! Lol






THREE



I've been loving the longer days and signs of Spring!! Twilight/sunset time comes a little later every night it seems. And I've been seeing all kinds of robins everywhere. As well as many geese having been flying back now and often honking over our bay. It won't be long until the bay is fully open and they'll be swimming there...just past my backyard. 






FOUR

Mediterranean Grilled Chicken + Dill Greek Yogurt Sauce #mediterranean #grilled #chicken:




This Brown Sugar Cinnamon Grilled Pineapple will be the BEST side that you will ever grill! It caramelizes on top of this juicy pineapple and will blow your mind!:

Speaking of signs of Spring...it's looking like our forecast ahead is finally going to reflect what season it actually is now! The recent snow we received finally (mostly) melted and the forecast is showing 50's and even upper 50 degree days ahead. Woo hoo!! So I'm thinking about getting our grill out for the season. I've been having fun researching some recipes from my pinterest boards, to use for the future. You can find the Mediterranean grilled chicken with dill greek yogurt sauce and the brown sugar grilled pineapple recipes here and here.






FIVE

I just ordered more essential oils in many different kinds. I'm planning to use them for many good things including some homemade: fabric softener sheets, multi-purpose cleaning spray, granite spray cleaner, carpet refresher, linen spray, drink enhancers and more! I'll be doing some fun essential oils posts here in the future to share the fun. I love the natural properties they provide and that I can feel good using them around my home or even in/on my body. 


Hope you have a wonderful weekend! I'm linking with Amy of Love Made My Home for Five on Friday.

















 

26 comments:

  1. Let me know when that grilled chicken is ready! :-) And btw, I didn't mean to imply (on Instagram) that it was any sort of shock to find out how talented you are with watercolor pencils. LOL But that is just so cool!! xoxo Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! You're so funny Judy!! I'll be sure to save you some chicken. Hope you're having a lovely week. ;) xoxo

      Delete
  2. Your watercolor pencil artwork is very nice! You do awesome work. Looking forward to your post on the essential oils!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're too sweet Bethany - and it's just for fun. Nothing difficult about it. Color with the pencils then swirl with the water brush. Very relaxing. ;) I'll start oil posts soon! xoxo

      Delete
  3. It's snowing here again tonight, and it's sticking too... sigh. Better luck next week!
    I'm just learning about essential oils. Looking forward to your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No more snow!! Sun & warmth is coming. Keep the faith! Lol I'll do the essential oils post soon. ;) xoxo

      Delete
  4. I love using fruit jars for storage, and essential oils too. Sorry to hear about the snow. I just read about a book that talks about a bulb a month, so one could have flowers inside all year long!
    Warm hugs,
    Margot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Margot my Girl!!

      The snow is fading fast now & predicted sunny warm skies ahead. Yay!! Flowers inside all year sounds heavenly! ;) xoxo

      Delete
  5. I think you accomplish a great deal, Carrie - I wonder how you do it all! Your tiny stamps look intriguing. Happy Weekend! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel I don't really accomplish anything Trish. Lol I just have a short attention span and jump around from this and that to suit my brain. Ha! ;)
      Hope you're having a great week! xoxo

      Delete
  6. I always love seeing your artwork-so pretty! I'm looking forward to your essential oil posts. I have a few sitting in my cabinets but really don't do much with them. Hope you are having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean - you Sweetie. ;) I'll start oils posts soon.
      Blessings. xoxo

      Delete
  7. Good to catch up with you! I know what you mean about concentrating, I can do it for hours on crochet, but not housework. Why is that.... Love your grilling ideas, it will be so great to be able to cook and eat outside again won't it, I really want to do more of that this year. Thank you, as always!, for joining Five On Friday, hope you are having a great weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy to know I'm not that only one that needs to jump around and can't fully focus on housework! Lol ;)

      I can't wait to get back to grilling season. I just love it!
      xoxo

      Delete
  8. Looking forward to cooking outside again its so nice to eat out in the open.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Isn't it wonderful? I can't wait. ;) xoxo

      Delete
  9. Ok missy, how come I didn't know you were so freakin talented with those pencils?? They're beautiful!

    I actually have a grilled pineapple recipe on my blog I think. It's pretty old but check it out. It's really yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it's not talent Lady! It's just playtime anyone could do. Get some watercolor pencils - add water - go crazy. That's literally it. Lol But thank you.

      Oh I need to hunt up that pineapple recipe! xoxo

      Delete
  10. Beautiful work with the watercolour pencils. The grilled pineapple looks so yummy. I'm so glad grilling season is here again. Enjoy your weekend (what's left of it).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorrie! Just playing around with the watercolor stuff - but it is like relaxation therapy. ;)

      Yay for grilling season!! Yum! xoxo

      Delete
  11. I like your watercolor fish! Barbecued chicken is always a favorite around here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hon! I'm going to try grilling more fish this year too. Grilled chicken & grilled salmon. Yum!! ;) xoxo

      Delete
  12. I've just recently been looking into using essential oils with wool dryer balls... Now I'm curious about your usage for them with dryer sheets!
    I love all your craft supply containers - so fun and inspiring when they look pretty, right? Stamps are the best!
    I HAVE to try that grilled pineapple!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be doing essential oils posts soon Doll!

      And of course - storage has to be as pretty as useful. Lol I think the stamps will be nice and handy & get a lot of use.

      Blessings to you HOn. xoxo

      Delete
  13. They say that these "adult" coloring books are perfect for de-stressing, so enjoy your watercolors - it's good for you. That chicken looks amazing and I'm so glad you're finally seeing spring time! By the way I haven't posted it yet, but the homemade dryer sheets with the essential oils are working great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure do bring me lots of relaxation. Love that!! ;)

      Oh I'm so happy to know those dryer sheets work! I'm trying to use up the last of the old ones I had first. But soon!

      Hoping you're getting lots of fun time too. xoxo

      Delete