Saturday, April 16, 2016

Having Fun with Stamping

Yay - the weekend is here! I'm absolutely loving & enjoying the wonderful weather we're finally seeing! But I've also been finding some crafty time. I bought some stamps and ink recently and decided to have a little fun with them. So decided to play around with one of my favorite hobbies...card making.





                        

punching holes for stitching





basic back stitch


hello little cloud



practicing...


I began by deciding I wanted to make a sun, but instead of just drawing it I decided to stitch it in. I got some of my cross stitch/embroidery thread in sunshine yellow. ;) I then punched holes in the paper where I wanted the thread to go and did a basic back stitch to make a circle. Then I added some felt border stickers, cut up, to be the sun's rays. I then cut out this fun blue polka dot paper for clouds in random shapes. But then of course I needed to add something with a stamp - so I found this one I had that said "thinking of you". I thought it was perfect for a good generic card and to let someone know I was thinking of them when the sun was shining! I did a few practice stamps to make sure of how heavy I may want the words to look. I recommend doing that first with your stamps. Use some scrap paper and test it out to see how strong your ink will be and if you maybe want it lighter - stamp it once on extra paper and then stamp the second time on your card.









As you can see, for the second one I used my victorian pattern scissors and cut a pretty pink overlay of paper. I then added this embroidered looking "doily" ring and put a pretty flower sticker (from French sticker set I have) in the center.  I then used my "thank you" stamp to complete this one.









Of course I needed to embellish the envelope for each.  For the sunshine one I used more of the felt border stickers. And for the flower one I used some vintage looking French postcard stickers from the same set I used on the card.  And both received a fun bronze stamping of "created with love" - because they were. ;) 



I'm linking with Andrea of Scrapality for Scraptastic Saturday.


Scraptastic Saturdays every Saturday @ 8 PM EST.

7 comments:

  1. I just this minute came across an ad in the local pennysaver for a card making class. Hey, maybe that's something you could teach 'in your spare time' ;).

    Isn't this weather wonderful? I'm also loving the fact that it's getting dark later. Yippee!

    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just this minute came across an ad in the local pennysaver for a card making class. Hey, maybe that's something you could teach 'in your spare time' ;).

    Isn't this weather wonderful? I'm also loving the fact that it's getting dark later. Yippee!

    XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! There's an idea Doreen. ;) Although, I wouldn't have a clue how to teach it. I'm so "organic" in my creative process (a much classier word for meaning no rhyme or reason whatsoever) that I don't know how I'd teach that! Lol

      Enjoy these lovely longer days my Dear. xoxo

      Delete
  3. You did a beautiful job on the cards! I'm sure the recipients will be very delighted! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much dear sweet Bethany! It's one of the fun parts about working on them. I have no real plan or destination for them yet - but it's fun to dream on where I may send them and why. ;)

      Blessings. xoxo

      Delete
  4. Loved your envelopes with rick-rack(sp?) Don't believe I've ever seen it in writing. My card teacher was always telling us, "No naked mail!", I was happy to see that you embellish yours.

    I just saw a cute thing on Pinterest where you use a quilter's wheel dipped in acrylic paint to make faux stitching. I haven't tried it yet. Looking forward to your next cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Patsy! I've been behind with blogging - I need to come over and say hello to you too!! Working on catch up now.

      I love that idea for the quilter's wheel. So cool! ;) I just love having a creative outlet like cards, where it's a blank slate and anything goes. Lol

      Blessings xoxo

      Delete