Thursday, May 12, 2016

Roasted Pears (with ice cream)

I made one of my pinned pinterest recipes for dessert the other night. They were so yummy I thought I'd share them with you today. You can find them under the "sweet treats" board on my pinterest page here.  The recipe was from the blog Sally's Baking Addiction.




They were so tasty - and had  cinnamon and some vanilla maple syrup mixed up and drizzled on top. Topped with granola and roasted until they were golden and warm. We had them with vanilla bean frozen yogurt. Yum!




Preheat oven to 375*. Then cut the bottom off of your pears to give them a "footing" to sit on the sheet tree flat and even.






I lined my sheet pan with parchment paper to avoid sticking. Then I used a melon baller to take out the cores and seeds.








Then sprinkle cinnamon over each pear and mix together vanilla and maple syrup and drizzle over each pear. Reserving a little of liquid for when they come out of the oven.  Sprinkle granola on top (I used some blueberry pecan granola I had) before baking. If you want your granola crunchier sprinkle it on after the pears bake.





Then take the hot pears out of the oven after baking and pour reserved vanilla/maple syrup mix over all. Serve warm with ice cream or creamy whipped cream. My whole family LOVED them! Definitely thumbs up to this pinterest recipe.  Here's the recipe:

  • 4 D'Anjou pears (aka Anjou pears)
  • 1/2 cup (120ml) pure maple syrup
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • optional toppings: maple pecan granola, Greek yogurt

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). I don't line my baking sheet when I make these, but you absolutely can with parchment or a silicone baking mat.
  2. Cut pears in half, then cut a small sliver off the underside so the pears sit flat when placed upright on the baking sheet. See video above for visual. Using a large or medium cookie scoop or melon baller (or even a teaspoon), core out the seeds. Arrange pears, facing up, on the baking sheet. Sprinkle evenly with cinnamon-- feel free to add more cinnamon if you'd like.
  3. Whisk the maple syrup and vanilla extract together in a small bowl. Drizzle most of it all over the pears, reserving about 2 Tablespoons for after the pears are finished baking.
  4. Bake pears for about 25 minutes until soft and lightly browned on the edges. Remove from the oven and immediately drizzle with remaining maple syrup mixture. Serve warm with granola and yogurt. Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.


Enjoy!


6 comments:

  1. I wouldn't have thought of roasting pears, but they sound good and look so classy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look delicious! Will have to give this a try. Enjoy the weekend!!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. I generally don't like pears unless they are just perfectly ripe right off our pear trees (then they are delicious!)...but that vanilla bean frozen yogurt really does look awesome enough that it would tempt me into trying anything served with it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds delicious. The pears in my fruit bowl sit there unripe as hard as bullets for ages then suddenly ripen up and go squishy overnight! Maybe roasting them is the answer. Have a super weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just bought some pears. I may need to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not a huge fan of pears but your dessert may convince me to give them another try. Looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete