Friday, June 10, 2016

Five on Friday: Carnival Moments

I know I'm so very late with my 5 today, but still wanted to join the fun. So I"m keeping it short and sweet. My daughter's school has a big end of year carnival every year.  So a few days before school was out was the big day! I'm on the PTA and chair the committee that puts together this big event. We work on it for several months. We had another successful day in the books! Here's just a few of the things we provided that day. I was busy working here and there so only captured a few of the events:


ONE







Annie got the chance to dunk her teacher!








TWO




Over sized trikes for relay races (& Annie's principal enjoyed riding around visiting the students on it). 







THREE













Speed pitch (getting to throw a softball at the net and have your speed "clocked" to see how fast you can throw). Kickball games. Several different bounce houses.









FOUR





Hip hop dancing (with instructor) and the graduating 5th grade class got to take chances trying to dunk the principal!







FIVE


At the end of the day some of the teachers, staff, and the principal did races against each other on the big trikes. The students got a real quick out of it! What a fun day. ;) 


I'm linking with Amy of Love Made My Home for Five on Friday.



16 comments:

  1. What a great five, it sounds like a really fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see the weather held out for you :) What a fun event, looks like a huge success judging from all those smiling faces!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so happy the weather held out (it was a big worry) and I think it ended up being a great day by all! ;) xoxo

      Delete
  3. It looks as though everyone had great fun!! What a good way to end the school year!! Thank you for taking part in Five On Friday - not late by the way! - I hope you are having a great weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! It did end up being a great day. xoxo

      Delete
  4. Oh, to be a kid again! Such fun, and I'm so glad it didn't rain.

    Enjoy your weekend Carrie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Doreen! I agree - wouldn't that be fun - just for a day? xoxo

      Delete
  5. What fun, when I taught we always did Western Day near the end of school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I bet western day was so fun Janet!! The ideas that would fit that theme perfectly. Truly fun!! xoxo

      Delete
  6. What a fun carnival! That looks better than anything we had at our kids school!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really has grown into quite the event over the years Mari! Lol xoxo

      Delete
  7. Wow, bravo for co-ordinating all that! What a great day it looked and I'm glad you were able to have it outside too :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alison! It was a great day and so much fun. xoxo

      Delete
  8. Looks like your carnival was quite a success. What fun for everyone! Love seeing smiling faces at the end of a school year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tamy! I felt so blessed the weather cooperated and my last carnival that I put on ended up great! xoxo

      Delete