Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Personalized Baby Gifts

Happy Wednesday Friends! 


I know that I usually do Wednesday Wonder today, but I meant to do this post for yesterday....so I'm being a rebel and posting it today instead. I've been busy these past few days, but I'm hoping to have more time soon to fully catch up.  I'm looking forward to reading and answering comments (I love doing that) and catching up with you my Friends! So I will be popping around soon. ;) 


Today I wanted to share more of the sweet baby album I've made for my Cousin recently. He and his wife have an adorable daughter that's toddler age already, and they just welcomed a brand new baby boy into the world about a week ago. They live several hours away and I'm hoping we'll get to see them this summer, and if not most definitely this Fall. I had been working on a personalized little scrapbook for the new baby (I knew it was going to be a boy already)...as I made the same gift (girlie version) for their first child. You probably remember that I shared some of it in previous posts. 


Here's the cover of the album again. And here's a link to a post where I showed some of the completed pages. Well now that I have his name and birth date I can fully complete the album.  If we won't be able to see them soon I'll put together a sweet box to ship to them. But I thought I'd share a few more of the pages with you before I wrap it all up:









A wonderful way to personalize a gift like this is to add what I call "love letter" pages. This is a spot where someone can journal something extra special to keep with the album as a special keepsake. I adhere the envelope (with the blank card) on top of the protective cover pages - so they are easy to untie and access. In this case, I made a personal spot for my cousin and his wife to write notes to their baby boy about their hopes and wishes for him. I did similar pages for the album I made for their little girl too.













When I make a baby scrapbook as a gift - I do some specific "baby theme" pages, but then I like to include the seasons of the year (holidays etc) for them to include photos of the baby throughout their first year. I like to personalize in any ways I can. In this case, my cousin and his family live in Green Bay and are big Packers football fans...so I've included something related to the team. I think it'd be sweet to have a photo of their sweet boy in a Packer outfit and include it in here. Maybe journal something about where they live and how the Packers are such a big part of that city. I have such fun creating albums like this and thinking about how I can personalize it.







And then I like to end with a 1st birthday page. I think it's a neat way to have a small (it's 8x8 size) keepsake of baby's first year that they can tuck away to share and look on memories in the future. And lots of love and even some prayers go into each page as I work on them. I also will include an archive quality scrapbook pen and special scrapbook adhesive they can use to attach photos to their pages over the year. 



Another very special gift I'm going to give them is this sweet baby blanket:




Is this not the sweetest thing ever?? My amazing blogging friend Laura whom you can find at A Spoonful of Joy here or at Cotton and May (her baby blanket making related blog) here made it as a custom order for me.  She recently opened an Etsy shop called Cotton and May which you can find here, where she sells blankets she has made...or will do custom orders. I contacted her about making a Green Bay Packers team baby blanket and she found this incredible fabric that I fell in love with right away! I gave her the green light and she made the most perfect, sweet, soft baby blanket with vintage looking Packers on the outside and sweet baby polka dot lining on the inside! I can't wait to share it with my cousin!








As if that wasn't enough, she surprised me with this sweet note and darling matching girlie Packer blanket for the big sister to use with her baby dolls. How incredibly brilliant and thoughtful. If you're in need of a sweet gift for Mom-to-be, or a current little one, I'd highly recommend having Laura make a blanket for you. She is the kindest Gal and she is so talented with her sewing. Her prices are beyond reasonable and she was fun and so easy to work with on this project and she far exceeded my expectations. Thanks again Laura!! You're the best! 


I think it's so fun to give a gift that's personal, thoughtful and from the heart....don't you?  





12 comments:

  1. That is the sweetest gift! They will love the album and the blankets are just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mari! I hope they will love them. I think something personal is always so nice. ;) xo

      Delete
  2. Gifts made from the heart are the very best kind! The scrapbook is amazing! You didn't miss a detail! Thanks so much for visiting my blog earlier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! Those personal touches always mean the most. ;) xo

      Delete
  3. Your scrapbook is a wonderful gift!! I am sure that Mom and Dad will treasure it and then the little baby will too when they are all grown up! The blanket is a lovely gift too and so is the little extra gift!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! I hope they'll love it! ;) xo

      Delete
  4. So sweet!!! I LOVE my baby blanket from Cotton + May!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Heather! Yes! Laura's blankets are the best. ;) xo

      Delete
  5. Okay I have to make those kebabs! YUMMY!

    Your baby pages are ADORABLE! And that blanket is precious! What a sweet and thoughtful gift set for the whole new little family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tamy! HOpe they'll love it. ;) xo

      Delete
  6. Your album is adorable. My favorite part is the "love letter" section. What a great idea!
    I am so happy that you are pleased with the blankets. It was truly my pleasure and I had so much fun creating them both! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a nice album you have made. Normally new parents face problem while selecting gifts for their babies. And they buy surplus amount of baby gifts which goes waste in the course of time. So buy those materials which you really need. It's better to give them a gift which will be valuable for the rest of their life. Anyways, thanks for suggesting some good gifts.
    Daily Baby Deals

    ReplyDelete