Monday, July 18, 2016

Happy Homemaker Monday


Happy Monday to All!  


Here we are back to a new week already! This summer is sure flying by around here. It was a busy soccer weekend for us, as my daughter had a tourney out of town. It's an amazing tourney and teams from all over the world (and refs too) come to play in it and it's truly a wonderful experience!! I think she had a lot of fun. It was nice because her cousins were in this tourney - just different ages and on different teams. So we watched some of their games too. And they came and cheered on Annie! It went fast, but it was great!




THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:


Sunny and in the 70's. Looks like it's going to be a beautiful day!









ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

A piece of toast and a cup of vanilla iced coffee.






  AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:

Beautiful blue sky! I just saw the garbage truck come by and grab the garbage on our block. Yep, back to real life and a new week. ;) 






RIGHT NOW I AM:

In my office, listening to Christian music on Pandora. Planning out my week ahead and what I have on the agenda today. Ruby is snuggling at my feet. I think she missed me this weekend!







AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:

I feel like my house has been missing me too! The teenager was home this past weekend if that gives you a picture of things. Lol! My Mom spent time here too. I definitely need to catch up on laundry too. I did get a jump start on things around here when we got home yesterday. I felt so good to be home I even made a pan of brownies. Made a loaf of homemade cheese bread to go with jambalaya dinner - and got some cleaning and laundry going then. I just need to tackle a few more daily cleaning today. But my house is getting to the point where I want to give it a deep clean again soon!!













ON TODAY'S TO DO LIST:

Laundry, cleaning tasks, pick up kiddos from their summer hockey clinic (brought them this AM and they'll be done this afternoon), help my Mom with some of her flower planting she still never finished for this summer. Too busy with training her new puppy!! ;)  I'm also so looking forward to getting some blog catch up time this week! I've missed visiting you my friends!! xo








CURRENTLY READING:

I've been catching up on magazines and I'm planning to start the book Barefoot by Elin Hilderbrand.







ON THE TV TODAY:

I still feel I need to catch up on some shows. I haven't really looked at what I had taped from the weekend yet. I like that about summer though - less tv time. 


 





ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

MONDAY: ravioli with leftover cheesy bread, salad


TUESDAY: breakfast for dinner most likely


WEDNESDAY: tacos


THURSDAY: grill night - but not sure what yet?



FRIDAY: maybe out for dinner or leftovers







WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT:

Scrapbook catch up. Working on some cards.






NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:

The cheesy bread was from an old recipe I had found, but I tweaked quite a few things and made it my own. I'll probably share that on Thursday.





TIP OF THE WEEK:

I thought this one seemed intriguing. Could be a fun challenge especially for kiddos!



FROM THE CAMERA:


Annie played great in her tourney! She even played goalie for a while and did wonderfully. She didn't let in one goal!  

Annie with one of her cousins. ;) 



They had a lot of other fun things to do in between games.



My hubby even bought tickets for her team to go to a semi-pro soccer game at a stadium nearby! It was a great game and I think they had fun. You can see that storm clouds were rolling in. But we made it through the whole game before the rain really hit!

The sunset before the storm.

Her team!  They played great!! 


PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:

I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.

15 comments:

  1. Looks like a super fun (and busy) weekend. I knew oh too well what you meant by the teenager being home to give me an idea of things ;) I really want to try the 2 liter full of dimes trick, sounds like a fun way to save money for vacation. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope the dime idea works out for you Jean! You'll have to let me know in a year!! Lol ;) xoxo

      Delete
  2. Lots of fun activities this weekend, Carrie! The girls look like they had a real good time and are staying active and healthy! Love seeing those sweet faces and that gorgeous sunset. Your cheesy bread sounds amazing. I love anything with cheese. My downfall....I need to start saving some dimes - asking for cash at the register because I never carry cash anymore! Need to get that vintage trailer I have been pining for.....Oh, I remember those days of coming home to a teenage boy mess. They seem to travel in packs, don't they? Haha! And how about how much they eat! Yikes! Hope you get a chance to relax this week.. Hugs xx K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheese is so my downfull too Karen. ;) And I am from Wisconsin you know. Lol!!

      I don't carry cash as much either. It is the way of things nowadays. And you're so right about messy boys and traveling in packs! Ugh!! ;) xoxo

      Delete
  3. You're a true 'soccer mom' Carrie! I love how enthusiastic you are about Annie's activities.

    I have always saved change in a jar. Not so much for the money, but because I'm anal and don't like the change lying around. Yeah, I'm that bad. )

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Doreen! It's a crazy sports life, but of course wouldn't have it any other way. ;)

      You and my hubby would get along perfectly with not wanting anything lying around!! Lol I"m the "cozy clutter" queen (as I like to refer to myself) xoxo

      Delete
  4. I especially LOVE your inspiration today. Sometimes it's as simple as that.

    Looks like you guys had a fun filled weekend with games, friends and family too. You are such a great sports mom! Great pictures!

    I save change too. This year I actually started counting it before it went into the box and I'm over $130 so far. I'm saving for a little extra at Christmas time.

    Have a GREAT week playing catch-up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tamy! And that's awesome about your amount in change already!! I guess there is something to working at saving those nickels and dimes. Rock on Sister!! xoxo

      Delete
  5. You are busy! I'm feeling somewhat the same and am thinking of taking a little blog break to catch up!
    The sunset is so pretty! We save change in a jar too. Last year we had over $300 from it, but we find that because we use our debit cards more, the change jar fills up slower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mari! I need to get on this saving change stuff. So many of your Ladies are reaping great rewards from it! xoxo

      Delete
  6. Love the pictures! Now I'm looking for a 2 liter bottle :)
    Your weather sounds absolutely gorgeous, send some of it my way!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! thanks Joanna! Good luck on saving all of those dimes! Hope you're getting much better weather now! xoxo

      Delete
  7. I am behind and just catching up! Hope that you are having a great week and enjoy the tacos tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun Weekend! and amazing sunset! I have started so many of those change challenges but I haven't finished one since before I was married. someone always "do you have any change?" and before I know it I'm starting all over again. good Luck with yours.

    ReplyDelete