Monday, August 15, 2016

Happy Homemaker Monday


Happy Monday My Friends! 


And how was your weekend? Mine was such great fun as we had relatives come visit - so we were busy doing many fun things. ;)  We had adventures, great food, wonderful conversation and just excellent catch up time. From visits to the beach, to pontoon time, to just sitting around the fire and gabbing away. I'm late with this post as we went out to breakfast this morning for our final good-bye and seeing them off on their way back home. Now time to focus on the week ahead!




THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:


Mid 70's and may hit 80*.  A bit muggy and actually quite overcast and cloudy. I don't think it's supposed to rain until late tonight, though, but it has that feeling in the air. We had perfect weather over the weekend so I'm grateful for that! Sunny and 70's each day and pleasant. 










ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:


Went out for breakfast so I had yummy fried eggs, bacon, breakfast potatoes, whole wheat toast and coffee. 





  AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:

As I mentioned - very cloudy and overcast, but still a bit bright. I just gave my flowers a bit of drink as I forgot to get to them before I left for our breakfast date this AM. They look cheerful and pretty out my office window.






RIGHT NOW I AM:

Listening to some Celtic music on my computer and sipping my water with good essential oils in it while I work away here in my office. Annie had caught a summer cold and now I've gotten it. So I've been trying to hydrate more and kick it. It's not a bad cold - but still a pain to have the sniffles in the summer! Boo!!






AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:

Overall tidy. I can see the remnants of fun last night when relatives were hanging out here. We did some pontoon time then the younger kids played games while the grown ups sat around the fire and had a glass of wine and visited. We ordered some pizzas from a favorite local place and we had homemade mixed berry pie and ice cream I made for dessert. So some dishes still to finish up, kiddos' games to put away etc.













ON TODAY'S TO DO LIST:

Finish cleaning up some clutter, throw in more laundry and general tidying. Both kiddos have soccer tonight so the hubby and I will need to divide and conquer duties later.  


I still have so many things I'd like to catch up on around my office, some reading I'd like to do, and some fun time with my kiddos before school. So I'm thinking I'm going to take more of a break from blogging yet. Maybe another week or 2, other than checking in for Happy Homemaker on Mondays. I'm also planning to use the time for catching up with you - my blogging buds!  










CURRENTLY READING:

Nothing really new here.






ON THE TV TODAY:

Mainly the Olympics. I think I have a few taped shows to catch up on. The other night I watched the movie the Age of Adaline when I was up and couldn't sleep. It was actually a very sweet romantic movie. 





ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

MONDAY: leftover pizza, veggie tray and crab dip & crackers from yesterday.


TUESDAY: soccer game so probably something easy (sandwiches?)


WEDNESDAY: breakfast for dinner 


THURSDAY: not sure yet - my Son's bday and will let him pick



FRIDAY: BBQ for my son's soccer team







WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT:

I can't wait to put more focus here as I have several things I want more time to work on!






NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:

?????




TIP OF THE WEEK:

 

I would never have guessed this! Interesting to me as my Dad has had a beard for as long as I can ever remember. ;) 





FROM THE CAMERA:

Memories from the weekend



candy shop stop




my Mom on the left and my Aunt on the right




 north shore beach time - playing with taking photos of rocks under water



wet rocks...




dry rocks - I find them all so beautiful




caught a wave crashing on the shore




my daughter and the cousins collecting rocks








my cousin has a daughter 1 month younger than my Annie and they look a lot alike too - BFF cousins




my cousin on the left and me on the right (boy did I get blonde for summer, huh?)




my Cousin's other sweet and beautiful daughter




perfect pontoon night on the water







perfect night for a fire on the deck and of course...s'mores




but don't forget the mixed berry pie and ice cream -  taste of summer on a plate





PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:


I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.  
As I mentioned earlier - I'll be taking a bit more of a blogging break but will be back for next Mondays' HHM too!  Blessings. xoxo



7 comments:

  1. Those beach pictures are lovely. Hope you get to enjoy some reading today! I hope too, as well. :) Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pontoon time sounds like a blast, dear!
    Wait...you're not going to grow a beard now, are you? lololol.
    I love the rock photos.
    Have a great week!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such great photos I can tell everyone had a nice time :-) Hope you get some time to unwind too. Enjoy your blogging break.

    Blessings
    ,Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all your photos! The stones are so pretty!
    I enjoy listening to Celtic music too. Hope Annie is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the rock "theme" near the end of your post :) Your photos are fabulous! Enjoy your blog break and go soak up some more summer for us poor folks who are already in back to school mode. Hope you have a fantastic week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok. LOVE the picture of you!!!!
    Gorgeous!
    Love the rocks.
    Love the pie.
    Love it, my friend!
    Feel better. Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Catching up on your older posts here. Pontoon, pizza, and family sounds like fun! Enjoyed seeing photos of your mom, and aunt, daughter, and cousins. You look great! Of your rock pictures, I think I like the wet rocks best. I also like your shot of the shore. From your schedule, you sound like a real "soccer mom!" :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete