Monday, October 3, 2016

Happy Homemaker Monday


Good morning and Happy Monday to you Friends! 


I feel like the weekend went too fast. I'm still kind of "catching up" on my life since being back from our wonderful trip. But, as what usually happens to me when back from a trip, I've caught a bit of a cold...so I'm a bit tired and under the weather. Just going to have a nice hot tea chaser since I've already had some coffee, and I've taken some cold medicine which is helping and I'm functioning much better. 


We had soccer games over the weekend. My son's high school team lost theirs, but my daughter's youth soccer team had a couple of games and won to make it into the bronze division championship - and won it!! It wasA beautiful weather both days for soccer and nice to sit out and see the trees around us with their leaves changing color. 





THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:


Bright, sunny and lovely this morning. Supposed to hit mid to upper 60's the next few days - then some rain and cold sets in later in the week.










ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:


I had a little piece of whole wheat toast with butter & jam and some coffee with hazelnut creamer.







  AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:


Sunny and bright - a few puffy clouds. The bay was so pretty this morning as there was  mist on it and I sipped some coffee and watched it float away. We took our pontoon out this weekend and it's sitting on a trailer out in our driveway. So as I sit in my office I can see it out my window and it's another rite of October. Leaves start to change and the pontoon gets put away. 











RIGHT NOW I AM:

I'm listening to the Eva Cassidy station on Pandora and going to go make a mug of tea. Be right back.  That's better.  A nice hot cup of cinnamon plum tea is steaming away next to me. That will hit the spot. 






AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:

Some tidying up from the weekend still needed. My sweet hubby loaded the dishwasher for me this AM and even took the kiddos up to school so I didn't have to do it and could snuggle in. Yep, he's a keeper.











ON TODAY'S TO DO LIST:

I need to run around a bit today. Since my energy is low, I think I'll rest and pass on my workout for now. I need to take back some library books and I'm going to visit my Mother-in-law.  My MIL is settled in her facility now and it's actually going very well. She's not far from our house and I made some yummy Ghirardelli chocolate chip cookies yesterday and I'm going to take a visit over there today and bring her some. I'll be sure to keep my germs to myself, as of course I don't want to give her anything. I'll bring extra cookies as my FIL has been  there a lot too (of course).  I think I may pick up some take out lunch from a favorite restaurant where I love their chicken soup. I think that will hit the spot today!  


I have a week filled with to-do's including mailing out some baby gifts, going to more soccer games, and making some food for my FIL. I also want to catch up on blogland as I'm still behind visiting everyone there. Maybe change my header for October too eventually. But I have an especially fun "to-do" list item this week. I'm looking forward to a planned day this week where a best girlfriend of mine and I will be going to a favorite local gourmet restaurant up the beautiful north shore to share lunch together. We both have bdays in October and it's our tradition to celebrate this way. A beautiful drive, wonderful conversation and EXCELLENT food!! 










CURRENTLY READING:


Fall magazines! (still these) and looking at maybe starting the novel The Girl on the Train.








ON THE TV TODAY:


I know I have some cooking shows taped, Hallmark stuff, several of our series shows we like. I've been loving some new shows including The Good Place and This is Us. Have you watched them? Also, Timeless starts tonight which I also think looks so good!






ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

MONDAY: in honor of the nice day and my hubby's team (Vikings) on football tonight I'm planning on grilling burgers. Also we'll have baked beans, chips, caramel apple salad, crudite veggies



TUESDAY:slow cooker sweet and sour meatballs with crunchy cashews over rice 


WEDNESDAY: leftovers



THURSDAY: polish sausage and peppers breakfast pizza over hasbrown crust



FRIDAY: not sure yet?







WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT:

I've been trying to organize my many photos on shutterfly and I'm planning on an easy digitial book of our recent trip. I still have too much of my other scrapbooking to catch up on to paper scrapbook this one.





NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:

Might bake something new?




TIP OF THE WEEK:


Anybody try this one before? And does it work on other kinds of stains? I'm sure it's the alcohol in the sanitizer that's doing the work. 




FROM THE CAMERA:






My Girl in action



handing out trophies - Annie's coach told her she'd played soccer like a hockey player - haha!



Getting 1st place (bronze division) trophy






Champions!



I found a lovely spot for my Fall fairy friend - and I'll share more on that planter later in the week ;) 



I got out some of my outdoor Fall decorations this past weekend too




PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:
Image result for Fall blessings inspiration

I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.



8 comments:

  1. I sure hope you feel better fast! Bad time of year (not there is really a good time) for a cold in your neck of the woods.

    Glad to hear your MIL is settling in well and close by. Now you can be a companion instead of a caretaker and your will both enjoy it more. I always remember gram's neurologist telling me to quit trying to do it all because she needed me to be her friend because she was familiar to her and to leave the care taking to others trained to do it.

    That caramel apple salad is calling to me. I will check that out in a bit. I've got a cold too that sent me back to bed and I'm not yet functioning at operational level.

    LOVE your inspirational. BIG hugs. Feel better and have a great week my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're having a nice gentle start to your busy week. Glad to hear your MIL is settling in. I bet your FIL is feeling some relief for that. Your a good daughter to take them cookies and meals. I hope you feel better soon and can enjoy more of the kids' soccer games. Hugs!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, my fall loving friend!
    Somehow I missed your vacation!
    Probably because I was on one of my own!
    Hope you are feeling better soon, and I am happy to hear your Mother in Law is settled in the place she needs to be. Love your fall look around here. Have a nice, cozy week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear you MIL is settling in well. Your day tomorrow sounds perfect. I think I want to eat at your house this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, sweet friend, I hope you recover from your cold fast! I tried to comment on your last post, but something went wrong...I did get to see a whole stream of your vaca photos, though! Looks like you had a great time! Glad that your MIL is settled in and aren't you sweet for bringing over treats. Love your fairy garden peek and congrats to your daughter on her trophy! Good job! Have fun with your bestie and love the quote. Hugs and blessings for your week ahead. xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Morning, Wonder Woman,

    I don't know how you do it all. No wonder you're getting a cold. You must be exhausted. You're an inspiration. Getting busy, right now. I have much to do before I sleep.

    Hugs, get well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to Annie!! :-) Vacations are always so wonderful but coming home and catching up on everything can be tough! Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well, I truly hope you feel better soon and I'm like you...love my nice hot cup of tea, there's nothing it can't cure! :-) Get some rest and enjoy the rest of your week.

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you are feeling much better now! Love all the photos you share. Suddenly, you have me craving a cup of tea :)

    ReplyDelete