Monday, November 21, 2016

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hello Friends!


Happy Monday to you! This past weekend flew by - but part of that could have been due to the fact that we went out-of-town to go visit some family and go to a Green Bay Gamblers hockey game....one of our families' favorite activities. ;)  It was a fun weekend, but whenever it's a road trip the time flies!! Now back to real life and the week ahead. 




THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:


Right now it's in the 20's, but it's supposed to get into the 30's. Bbrrr! It's sunny but quite cold. Winter has decided to arrive. We'd been spoiled this Fall. Now back to reality. Looks like we have more snow in our forecast for tomorrow too, so it'll be a white Thanksgiving around here. The cold is good for all that baking though. ;) 









ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:


1/2 a bagel and highlander coffee (it's butterscotchy  - yum!)










RIGHT NOW I AM:


Yes, I'm listening to Christmas music again. I can't help myself!! Today it's very traditional stuff - like Frank and Bing.  Working on my week ahead in my calendar planner and starting my grocery list.   








AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:

I'm in my living room and looking out at the bay. It's nice and sunny and there's about an inch of snow on my deck. The bay has it's first real layers of ice starting. Yep, it's cold!!!!




AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:



I have more laundry - especially from our weekend trip. I also have some packages to put away. Quite a few holiday gifts arrived while we were gone that my Mom brought in for me (she house sits for us and has her new puppy along with Ruby...she says it's an adventure!). I need to keep track of what I've already been getting for folks! Other than that the house is pretty tidy. 











ON TODAY'S TO DO LIST:

As I mentioned - house chores. I need to work on my grocery list for this week and check it twice for all the Thanksgiving stuff coming up! I may get a jump start on my Christmas cards too! I really want to get them out early this year. I'm also going to get my workout in and I might bake some pumpkin chocolate chip bread. I meant to get to it these past few weeks and haven't. I think I may use my mini loaf pan and give several away as a "thankful" gesture to my neighbors.  Love this time of year! 

 









CURRENTLY READING:


I've mainly been perusing holiday magazines and already ordering Christmas gifts! (this has not changed!!)






ON THE TV TODAY:


I haven't really looked since we left on trip. I have some series shows from last week to catch up on. Probably some cooking and holiday baking shows too. 












ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:


MONDAY: some leftovers to eat up from the end of last week (clear out the fridge and make room for Thanksgiving goodness!)






TUESDAY: baked chicken, pasta side dish, veggies





WEDNESDAY:  our favorite Chinese food takeout for my Hubby's birthday!! I just love that big turkey  ...er I mean Guy.  :P




THURSDAY: THANKSGIVING!   (turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, sweet potatoes, broccoli salad, calico beans, fruit salad, corn, relish tray, homemade cranberry sauce and the can kind to cover everybody, dinner rolls, pecan pie, snickerdoodle apple pie, cherry pie, and pumpkin pie) There's a big group of us and several teenagers!! So of course lots of food!




FRIDAY: the best part - Thanksgiving leftovers throughout the weekend! Turkey melt sandwiches and turkey noodle soup.


**PS: I did bake those chocolate chip potato chip cookies and posted about it last week - in case you missed it look  here.







WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT:

Many things - and will probably be working on them (& organizing) for a while. Will hopefully have lots to share in the new year!





NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:

I will be making the pecan pie and the snickerdoodle apple pie for Thanksgiving. The snickerdoodle apple pie is a new one - I will share the recipe in the future!






TIP OF THE WEEK:

  FN_Slow-Cooker-as-Mashed-Potato-Keeper_s4x3.jpg.rend.snigalleryslide.jpeg

www.foodnetwork.com has all kinds of good Thanksgiving tips right now. I especially like this one about using your slow cooker to keep the mashed potatoes warm  - oven space is at a premium during Thanksgiving!!







FROM THE CAMERA:
Here's how we left the bay before going on our weekend excursion.



And here's how it looked as of sunrise time this AM - frozen!!



My Mom took this pic of our girls (my Ruby and her Angel) hanging out at our house while we were gone. 





Fun hockey time with Green Bay Gamblers Ace and a sweet little cousin that came to the game with us this time. We got to meet her new little baby Brother while in Green Bay... and see another relative's new home. Family time is so fun!!




PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:
Image result for thanksgiving inspirational quotes

Happy Thanksgiving my dear Blogland Friends! I'm so thankful for you!!  Don't forget to enter into my Blogaversary Giveaway if you haven't! I will be drawing for it this Friday. Here's the link if you need it. 


I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.

8 comments:

  1. Once again, our weather imitates yours Carrie. On Friday we walked around the lake with lightweight jackets on which we ended up removing, and today I had on winter furry boats, a down jacket, gloves and a hat. I looked like nanook of the north (or maybe big foot!).

    When I read about all the stuff you're going to do, all I can think is 'damn, that girl must be on something and whatever it is I wanna get me some'!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great plans for a Thankful week. I enjoyed meeting you at HHM. I linked too.
    Enjoy your week and Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know it is cold, but it is wonderful how snow transforms a scene Carrie. It must be beautiful to look out over the lake to that winter wonderland. Busy at our house too, as the little Canadians get their first snowfall just before they embark on their journey across the world to see us. So many things to do to prepare for them, but I am getting very excited this week :) Happy Thanksgiving my friend. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the photo of the doggies, you are so blessed to have your momma house sit and so are the pups. I dog sit every weekday for my SIL and I tell my dog look here comes your cousin each morning : ) your moms dog looks sort of like my SIL. I was cracking up on your hubbys birthday description (big turkey) lol and your get away sounds so nice. Happy Thanksgiving! Grateful for such a great blogging friend as you : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Take your vitamins. From the looks of this week's post, you're going to need them.

    Thankful for you this Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had snow this weekend also! It has definitely put me in the Christmas spirit :)

    I hope you'll consider joining the 2017 PenPal sign-ups on my blog:

    http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2016/11/2017-penpal-sign-ups-ends-121916.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the kid and dog pics especially, neighbor to the north! Those pies have me thinking about making a pecan pie. I do love it. You're always an inspiration, Carrie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to meet you at a hockey game in Green Bay sometime!!! What league is that team part of?

    Hugs,
    Margot

    ReplyDelete