Monday, December 5, 2016

Happy Homemaker Monday


Happy Monday Friends! 


I hope it's a warm and cozy one and that you're ready for this week ahead! We had a nice productive weekend around here. We ran lots of errands. We got the majority of the rest of our Christmas shopping done. We just have some small fun "filler" kinds of things to pick up yet. I mailed out fun packages at the post office. We worked as an assembly team and got our Christmas wrapping done on all the gifts we had around here.(well at least my Hubby, Annie, and I did...Aaron had hockey or else he's MIA now that he has his license - Lol!)  There are still more that I've ordered online that are being shipped to us yet. Plus, we accomplished a lot of home chores around here - including putting out some Christmas things outside. Yay for being productive! Now onto the week... 




THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:


We had such a pretty little snow yesterday (only about an inch or so). Today is more mild and in the mid to upper 30's and is melting most of it already. The week ahead looks much cooler, though, with most days in the 20's and a chance of a little more snow.









ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:


Annie & I baked some eggnog muffins with streusel topping this weekend. After all that work I had to have one this AM with my coffee, right? Especially since calories don't matter this time of year. ;) 










RIGHT NOW I AM:


I'll give ya one guess what I'm listening to. Lol! If you said Christmas music you're right!! Today it's the Amy Grant Holiday Pandora station. I'm finishing my grocery list I need to accomplish this week. We have some relatives coming over for a game night this weekend! Yay for game night! I'm also writing in my calendar for the week the appointments coming up, errands I need to run, things around here that need finishing for the holidays etc. Such a busy time of year - but a fun busy!








AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:

I see puddles in the driveway. And the last bits of snow over the grass are melting. The clouds have broken up quite a bit and the sun is even coming out right now! 




AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:



Pretty tidy overall. A little kitchen clean-up needed and laundry (of course!) 










ON TODAY'S TO DO LIST:

A few things around the house. I'm going to finish the last of my Christmas cards (last batch to go). I also need to start the calendars I make on Shutterfly each year for my my Mom and my Aunt. They love them personalized with family photos and I put in all the family birthdays etc.


 I used to make one for my MIL too. It was helpful for her for many years to keep track of birthdays and other things. The boxes were nice and big for her to write appointments in. When my FIL cleaned out a lot of their closets a year or 2 ago he gave me some of her old scrapbooking things and many of those calendars were in there because she loved the photos in them and had kept them. (cue eyes welling up) I miss her so much - especially this time of year. She loved the holidays so much too. Sorry for the sidetrack.

 









CURRENTLY READING:


I've tried starting several new books, but get sidetracked too easy this time of year!





ON THE TV TODAY:


I did watch the Holiday baking championship last night. And I love that the Great American Bake Off started last week! I have some Christmas movies taped too. We're still catching up on several shows too. Shark Tank, Blindspot, and The Profit. 












ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:


MONDAY: waffles, sausage, hashbrown patties, fruit






TUESDAY: meatloaf (& bring some to my FIL), cheesy potatoes, veggies, whole wheat dinner rolls






WEDNESDAY:  Salad bar night. I'll put out a big bowl of leafy greens with veggies in it and spread out different toppings next to it and dressings. Everyone builds their own. I'll have hot rolls on the side.




THURSDAY: Chicken & veggie stir fry with cashews, rice




FRIDAY: family over for game night:  

ME - slow cooker hot beef sandwiches with BBQ sauce, pan of mac and cheese, fruit salad, kid friendly dessert (probably rice krispies bars with Xmas sprinkles), cold drinks and Tom & Jerry hot toddys. 

MY MOM -  buns for the sandwiches 

MY AUNT & UNCLE - green salad/veggies, adult dessert









WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT:

Some fun holiday cards, gifts and baking plans for gifts too!  I'm having such fun with my friend Sandra's blogmas of Christmas (of the blog Diary of a SAHM) - I hope to join in and post for day 5 later today! 





NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:

I might bake something new this week - not sure yet.







TIP OF THE WEEK:


Oh my doesn't that sound delightful??








FROM THE CAMERA:



Some Ruby love! From her pretty haircut and Christmas ribbons....to frolicking in the snow yesterday.









One of my favorites parts of this time of year are cozy nights. Loving my new candlesticks I got this year to put in my front windows. 




PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:
Image result for holiday inspirational quotes

I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.


11 comments:

  1. Ok I have never even heard of the Great American Baking Show, I'm gonna have to look that up hahaha

    Love all your pictures. Hope you're staying warm with the snow you've gotten around there. Have a wonderful week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you have to check it out Sandra! You'd love it! I think it's on ABC and it's exactly like The Great British bake off - only here in the States. ;) xo

      Delete
  2. Your little snowfall came our way this morning. Just about an inch and has pretty much melted away.

    I'm glad you don't think calories matter this time of year too! That's what I keep telling myself anyway. :/

    Since we are in New England, candles in windows are a fairly common sight around here, and I think it's a beautiful way to decorate for the holidays. So elegant!

    At first I thought Ruby was chewing on a candy cane, but it looks like a toy. She is one lucky pup!


    xxz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I bet you have the prettiest houses with all the candles in the windows! I can just imagine there's charm everywhere. ;) xoxo

      Delete
  3. Did I ever tell you were are like the same person!
    As I read through this, I kept thinking, "Me too!"
    Love it all...your home, your menu, your sweet puppy!
    Oh, and did I miss something with your MIL?!
    Or do you mean you miss her as the disease progresses?
    Sorry...just had to ask.
    Hugs, my friend!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know we are my sweet soul Sister! ;) Nope, didn't miss anything with my MIL. Truly was just having a melancholy moment thinking about how much I miss the "her" that used to be. I just work my best to love, respect and care for this person that's really like a stranger. I know you understand how difficult it all is my Friend - especially during the holidays. xoxo

      Delete
    2. PS: Billie Jo - did I ever tell you we love YOUR mac and cheese and that's actually the one I'm making for game night with family this weekend!! Thanks so much (& to your Mom too) for that winning recipe!! ;) xo

      Delete
  4. Your snow looks so pretty. We are supposed to start getting the cold later this week and possibly a dusting of snow as well. Smoreo's sound like a great Christmas break project :) Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh - pretty snow to come your way Jean! Enjoy feeling nice and snuggly. ;) xoxo

      Delete
  5. I got my cards finished today, also finished some online scrapbooks for my grandkids. Whew - such a relief!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope it has been a good week for you so far. Hugs about your MIL. xx

    ReplyDelete