Monday, January 16, 2017

Happy Homemaker Monday

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hello and happy Monday my Friends!


We actually just got home about an hour ago from my daughter's hockey tourney. We were down in the Wisconsin Dells for it and their team did great - they actually won the championship! And the kids loved that we stayed in a water part hotel (of course) too. So it was a fun and successful weekend on all counts. I'm just thrilled that my teenager (with some popping in by my Mom) kept the house standing and Ruby is good too. Whew! Lol 


I hope that you had a lovely weekend as well! I will make this whole post brief as I need to figure out dinner for my Crew soon and get the kiddos prepared for back to school tomorrow. 



THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:


On our trip back we hit some freezing rain, but the roads remained safe thankfully. Back at home here it's in the upper 20's and clear. It was a beautiful sunset on the bay when we rolled in.









ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:


We ate at an iHop, but I continue to work to be a good girl and just had whole wheat toast, fruit and coffee.








RIGHT NOW I AM:


Listening to my Hubby talk to his Dad on the phone and check in with him now that we're back from the weekend. He hadn't been feeling well last week. Also, it's my MIL's birthday tomorrow so talking to him about checking her out of the facility and taking them out for a fun dinner tomorrow.  








AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:

Dark out now. 





AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:


Nice and tidy thanks to my sweet Mumsy checking in on things. She made sure the teenager accomplished his chores, as well as did some dishes for me etc.










ON TODAY'S TO DO LIST:

 Tonight I'm going to go get dinner started and get kiddos ready for back to school tomorrow.  I need to look at my calendar and figure out my plan for the week yet too. I need to schedule some haircuts and orthodontics appointments. Run errands, get groceries etc. I also hope to catch up and come around and visit you, my friends, tomorrow and see what you've been up to in your worlds!

 









CURRENTLY READING:


Not reading anything currently. Just doing magazine catch up.






ON THE TV TODAY:


I haven't even looked at what I have taped from the weekend. I know we have some blindspots to catch up on from before and I was really behind on Timeless.












ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:


MONDAY: going to look at what's in my freezer and either throw in an easy pizza or thaw something else in the microwave. Cut up some veggies and fruit to munch






TUESDAY: going out for dinner for my MIL's birthday






WEDNESDAY: ham & cheese roll-ups (in pizza dough) & salad bar night







THURSDAY: chili and maple cornbread








FRIDAY: healthier fun night: little baked slider burgers, baked onion rings. fruit smoothies 


*and for the weekend I'm thinking I may make slow cooker honey garlic chicken in the slow cooker to put over brown rice















WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT:

Finally got my office space cleaned out- yay!! I just have some scrapbooking papers and things I want to organize a bit better, but otherwise went through everything else. I'm SO excited to begin some projects I've had planned...as well as really get into some scrapbooking catch up and reorganizing of my kiddos' bins I have for them with their awards, artwork, baby albums etc. They'll have everything in one place and organized in a nice bin to hand them one day when they're out on their own.







NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:

I will finally share the fun New Year's luncheon I had with my Mom and my Aunt and recipes from that!







TIP OF THE WEEK:

 



I think this is a great idea! 












 

FROM THE CAMERA:






Rapid Fire hockey team were WI Dells champs!! (my daughter and her bud posing with the first place trophy)



We did some fun things down in the Dells - like visiting this ice sculpture park. This is my Annie, her buddy and my niece posing pretty.







The Hubster and I (squinting and blinded by the light)









They had ice slides and ice tunnels you could crawl through.



I saw a couple little girls dressed in warm Elsa garb. I'm sure they were loving pretending to be in their own ice palace! ;) 




We also went in the upside down White House. Very weird.



Hubby looking at the oval office....on the ceiling!



It was very discombobulating (look at me using big words -Lol)



But there's no place like home. The sunset on the bay tonight. 




PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:

Martin Luther King, Jr., with LBJ, 1965 (Public Domain)


“I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.” ~ Martin Luther King Jr.


Happy MLK Day Friends. I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker MOnday.



13 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had a fun weekend. It was nice of your mom to help out.
    Happy Birthday to your sweet MIL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to your daughter Woo Hoo!! Busy weekend for you!! Wow, leaving the teenager at home alone, nice of your mom to check in on him. The ice sculpture park looks really cool (yep, I said it :D ) Love the pic of you and hubby!! Upside down White House….What?!?!? Have a wonderful week hon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to your girl!!!!
    Your weekend sounded awesome!
    Bet you are glad to be home and getting organized for the week ahead....
    Have a nice evening with your MIL.
    Hope she is doing well!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carrie, what a good weekend you had. Love the ice sculptures, and the upside down White house (kinda apt this week :)
    Hope back to school goes well. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the first place trophy! Organizing my scrapbooking supplies is on my list this week - since our daughter moved out, we have an extra bedroom and that is now known as the craft room. I have two big tables, just need to get everything unpacked and in place and scrapbooking can begin.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had quite the fun weekend and congrats to your daughter and her team on the championship! Hope you get to have a nice evening out with your in-laws tonight. Impressive that you passed up pancakes at I Hop, not sure I could have had that much willpower although you've inspired me and I've decided I need to do a bit better so am sitting here drinking a protein shake for my breakfast today. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for you Jean! Let's go get it Girl! 2017 will be a healthy one for us both. ;)

      Delete
  7. Happy Birthday to your MIL for yesterday, I hope that it was a good day for you all. Congratulations to your daughter and her whole team for winning in the hockey!! What a great achievement, they should be very pleased! Hope you are having a good week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday to your mother in law! I absolutely love the ice sculptures, how beautiful!! Awesome job winning in hockey, their smiles sure say it all :-) I'm still sticking to the Whole 30 but can't say that reading your menu etc isn't making me hungry, lol. ;-) I'm on day 15 today so I can do this!! Hope you have a lovely day!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got this Lady! You sure seem to be rocking it great!! Keep up the good work. xoxo

      Delete
  9. wow just wow to the ice sculptures, I'd love to see those.
    on nother note I'm sorry my big girl never replied to your big girl, she's going through bit of a stroppy teenager phase and its hard to get her to do much of anything! Hope there's not been too much disappointment for you.
    |Jillxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries Sweetie! I think she forgot after time had passed honestly. Lol
      Teenagers ::sigh:: (insert eye roll here) - I know how that goes having one myself. Take care HOn. xoxo

      Delete
  10. Congrats to your daughter! Your Scrapbooking sounds so nice. Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete