Thursday, February 9, 2017

Valentine Sentiments and Sweetness

Hello dear Friends! Happy Thursday - which means it's almost the weekend. Yay! ;) I hope you're having a great week so far. 

 




I thought today I would share a cozy moment with you and one of the Valentine's cards I made recently. I will be sharing more tomorrow as well, but today I thought I'd pop in so you could see what I've been enjoying...which is paper crafting and baking. 2 of my favorites! So a card and a treat coming up...















First about the card. I took a pre-existing blank floral card and I added some strips of green lace tape on it. And to the center of that I glued this crepe cream flower. Old fashioned and romantic. ;) 




I then took the plain white envelope that goes with it and added a little bit of lace tape to it and some flower stickers with matching colors to the card...and they also had cute little hearts in their centers. Perfect Valentine's kinds of goodies. 





I liked that the outside had a rustic romantic look - so to the inside I added this cardstock back drop of rustic wood. I then typed up a "be mine" message in the same dark green that matched the floral tape on the front. Right to the point and still room to write your own sweet message too. ;) 





And while dreaming over what loving message to write inside it may be time to muse over a cup of hot tea and a yummy butterscotch & chocolate chip bar.  It's lovely having tea next to my pretty Roseville pottery teapot. 



Sweet and romantic...







To make the bars I just use the nestle chocolate chip cookie bar pan recipe and I only use 1/2 the chocolate chips it calls for and add another 1/2 in butterscotch chips. Such a yummy combination together!  You can find this recipe online if you click here.


I'm sharing this with Sherry of The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home.

2 comments:

  1. You're making me hungry! I'll be trying that one.
    I like the card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Homemade Valentines are the best. That cookie has me drooling. Yum! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home.

    ReplyDelete