Friday, March 3, 2017

My Week in Photos

ONE














Endured more snowy cold. Snuggling with Ruby helps. Nourished my body with some healthy, but yummy food. Early in the week I used up leftover roast on a bed of sundried tomato quinoa with a fried egg and a sprinkle of parmesan. Made a semi-homemade BBQ chicken pizza with good veggies and rotisserie chicken. Breakfast this AM was hearty 12 grain bread with some mashed avocado. 















TWO















Welcomed March! Got my planner calendar filled out for the month. Began prayer-filled Lent. Started getting out my St. Patty's Day/Celtic things around the house. May even dig into the bin of Spring decorations this weekend. ;) 















THREE










Scrubbing my heart clean during this season of Lent. Went to Ash Wednesday mass. Nourishing my soul by reading in devotionals and doing prayers/reflection/journaling time. And sometimes I like listen to meditative or Christian music and get lost in color. 













FOUR












Finished a project for a close Friend of mine. I had made some like these for gifts for relatives this Christmas season. My Friend saw them and joked about "where was hers". ;)  Well I found that I still had some of these materials leftover - so I made this for her this week. I look forward to surprising her with it soon. It'll be perfect, as her home is very northwoodsy like mine. xo















FIVE














I further nourished my creativity by working on more scrapbook catch up. This week it was tackling my son's school years album. He's in high school now - so I'm actually close to being caught up!  



I hope you had a blessed week Friends and were good to yourselves! Enjoy your weekend. xoxo 

I'm sharing this for Five on Friday with Amy of Love Made My Home. 













15 comments:

  1. your planner calendar looks great, is it like a bullet journal type of thing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tricky! It's a Happy Planner book calendar I picked up at Michael's. It has a full calendar for each month big enough to write things in (& they have fun stickers that go with so I can add those too). And then behind each month (by tabs) there are sheets that allow for columns for each day of the week so I can write in notes, to do stuff, my menu for the week etc, appts, etc.

      Delete
  2. Busy week! Love your scrapbook pages. Hopping around and seeing others scrapping is getting me started on my own.

    Happy Five on friday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my!
    We are one in the same, Carrie!
    Have a cozy weekend, my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know we are Billie JO! ;) xoxo

      Delete
  4. Lucky friend you have. So sweet of you to make her one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brrr!
    That food all looks good except - avocado on toast? I'm a little worried about you! :)
    You are so creative! Your friend will be thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HaHa - Don't knock avocado on toast until you've had it Mari! It's actually a really popular thing right now (you can look it up). ;) xoxo

      Delete
  6. I can't believe its March already. I'm sure your friend will be delighted with her gift.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A nice collection of photos of your week. Our snow is gone, although we got a few flurries yesterday. Today is bright and cold (-15C)! Love the deer silhouette of course ;) And it's nice to see your scrapbook pages for your son. A nice book of memories for him. You are such a good mom!
    Enjoy your weekend
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah - thanks Wendy! You're such a great Mom too - and all the goodies you do and make for your kiddos. xoxo

      Delete
  8. Great way to capture the week. I really like your northwoods gift to your friend. I need to get back to scrapbooking, I'm so behind I'm embarrassed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janet! Don't be embarrassed - just dive in! My MIL (who now has Alzheimer's and is in a facility) went through decades and decades of photos back when she was still okay. She sifted through them. Divided them up in envelopes by years (or general time frames). And then just scrapbooked the best pics out of each envelope so it wouldn't be so overwhelming. The real treasure is that she wrote down stories and any of her memories. I tell you - we're now SO GRATEFUL she did that with how her situation turned out to be. It's never too late - just do it NOW.. ;) Blessings. xoxo

      Delete
  9. This is a great Five! I am having a spiritual spring clean this Lent and making a scrapbook of my journey. I haven't done scrapbooking before so it's all new, but I am using an online daily photo challenge to guide my path. I think avocado on toast makes a great breakfast but my husband doesn't get it! Hope you've had a good weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your scrapbook pages! So sweet of you to make that for your friend, I know she'll treasure it! Wow... you still have quite a bit of snow and I'm all excited about our trees blooming ;-) Your yard will be there soon! Have a great week!

    Blessings
    Jill

    ReplyDelete