Sunday, May 21, 2017

Birthday Fun and Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes

Hello Friends! 

I hope you've been having a wonderful weekend. Life got away from me last week and I meant to post this sooner. I guess I'm slowly easing back into blogland life with how crazy life still feels here. ;) 


I know I shared a bit about Annie's birthday earlier in the week, but I thought I would share a bit more and fun cupcake recipe too.  


As I mentioned before, it was my Annie's "golden birthday" so we also had done a special celebration at home that included her 11 presents from us (for turning 11 on the 11th). I had done this for my hubby WAY BACK - when he had turned 23 on the 23rd. Lol So it was a tradition I had started and enjoy continuing for special golden birthdays like that. ;)  

Annie and her Dad after her fun dinner at home and her 11 presents. ;) 




And then she picked to have an extra special overnight hotel pool party. 




As I showed prior - there was fun snacks that fit our pool theme. As well as lots of goofy hamming it up by crazy Girls. :P








And of course lots of fun pool time!! Annie had a couple of her younger cousins come for that part of the party too. Annie is holding one of her younger cousins in this pic.  I put this caption on this pic as it's a "thank you" that I'm sending to her friends and cousins.






And her other younger cousin is the boy splashing it up on all the girls in this pic! Lol





Of course, what's an overnight pool party without some pizza??



And lovely gifts to open from friends. The Gal in those photo with Annie is another cousin! 





And there was fun new pj's that were specifically made to be ones your friends could write their birthday wishes on. Truly adorable. (I found them at Justice). 





And of course no birthday party night can end without singing "Happy Birthday" and enjoying some yummy cake! In this case: Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes per the birthday girls request. 







Making sweet 11 year old wishes. xo





For Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes:

Take a strawberry cake mix and make according to directions and pour into lined cupcake muffin tins. Bake according to directions. Then you can make homemade lemon frosting like in this post I found on pinterest. Or you can take a shortcut like I did and use store bought lemon frosting, but add a bit of kool-aid lemonade powder to it - to your (or your daughter's) taste. I whisked it together until it was well blended. Then frost cupcakes with frosting. I used some strawberry lemonade licorice as "straws" in the cupcakes. They'd also be cute with a twist of lemon and strawberry slice on top with a fun umbrella too (like they do in those fun fruity drinks). They were a big hit and most of the gals had two! 













5 comments:

  1. Looks like she had a great birthday! I love the pj's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admit I've never heard of a "golden" birthday tradition but what a fun idea! Looks like she loved both the at home celebration and her pool party. Strawberry lemonade cupcakes sound super delicious as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Annie! Glad it was a fun time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun idea for a birthday party! Looks like everyone had a blast! I love your Golden Birthday tradition. Happiest Birthday to Annie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are such a good mommy. You make everything fun and extra special.

    ReplyDelete