Thursday, September 7, 2017

Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken Pasta

Hello My Friends ~ 


I hope you're having a wonderful day! It's sure feeling like Fall here today. Cooler temps and chilly rain on and off all day. I'm not complaining, though, as I enjoy the cozy. Annie is going to be doing the cooking tonight. Always fun for me, as all I need to do is supervise. ;) 


But I thought I'd take a quick minute and share this slow cooker recipe I made last week that was easy and pretty tasty. It was another one I tried that I had pinned on my slow cooker board on my pinterest which you can find here.









I followed the recipe for the most part, but I didn't add mushrooms and I used chicken tenders as it's what I had on hand.   Basically making a "sauce" from broth, cream of chicken soup, herbs etc. Putting it in the bottom of the slow cooker and then adding your chicken. Let the chicken cook and once done shred it and then add some shredded cheese, some sour cream and the pasta and let it cook a little more.













Here is the recipe:

INGREDIENTS
  • 1.5 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • 2 (10.5-oz) cans cream of chicken soup (don't add water)
  • ½ cup chicken broth
  • ¼ tsp. pepper
  • ½ tsp. dried leaf tarragon (can substitute oregano or thyme here)
  • 1.5 cups sliced mushrooms
  • 1 small sweet yellow onion, diced
Add at the end
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
  • 1 lb. penne pasta (cooked according to package directions on the stove-top)
Slow Cooker Size:
  • 5-quart or larger









I'm loving that we're back to the Autumn season and I'm looking through more new recipes to try in the days ahead. Cozy kitchen here I come.  xoxo




3 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy. I'm hoping for some cooler evenings so I can start thinking dishes like this. Thank you for sharing it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so good, thanks - I pinned it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hoping for some cooler evenings so I can start thinking dishes like this. Thank you for sharing it. :D


    การ์ตูนโป๊

    ReplyDelete