Monday, October 9, 2017

Happy Homemaker Monday


Happy Monday Friends! 


I'm getting to this a bit later today because our wi-fi has been whacky lately. Hopefully we'll be able to get folks here this week to fix it. I've been absent here last week partly due to that, and partly due to being out-of-town helping a relative with some painting. I've got a few busy things this week too, but hope to be a bit more on track with blogging.  


I hope you had a great weekend! We had a nice one here. We're getting back into the hockey world now. My daughter started some of her practices this weekend and my son's will start soon as well. Yep, that time of year again folks. ;)  But other than that it was nice family time. Watched a movie and more football with Hubby.  We got a few things accomplished around here too.  Our landscapers we've hired in the past had to delay us this summer, but have now started working on our other outdoor projects. I'll explain more later in the post. On to the week ahead...











THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:


Kind of gray and cooler wind today. In the 50's and looks like 50's most of the week with some sunshine ahead too. 








ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:


Leftover pancake from our Sunday morning family pancakes Annie & I made for everyone, coffee







RIGHT NOW I AM:


Listening to peace and quiet at the moment. Working on some journaling and planner time too. 







AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:



No landscaping workers here currently. Gray and breezy. Watching the leaves fall a bit from the trees in the wind.








AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:

Tidy from this weekend and working on chores this AM. Love seeing my fall decorations everywhere - my favorite. ;) 











ON TODAY'S (& this week's) TO DO LIST:

Errands, visit MIL, kiddos school conferences, landscapers here further, I start some classes (explain more in a minute), bring meal to FIL, day with my Mom, other appointments. 

I'm excited because I will be starting hospice training this week. I plan to volunteer a few days a week at a local hospice house. I worked for many years as a social worker in long term care and I worked a lot with families on end of life issues. I miss the richness and wonderful spirituality involved with working in that area. So I decided to start volunteering for that part of myself. Wish me luck! 










CURRENTLY READING:

I'm going to start the 2nd Louise Penny novel, but I'm readings some stories in my blogging friend Carrie's book first (see my HHM post last week for more info)

 










ON THE TV TODAY:


Outlander, Dancing with the Stars tonight, Gold Rush this week (my hubby loves those shows), Cooking shows, Survivor, The Good Doctor, This is Us, Greys Anatomy, Halloween Baking championship











ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

MONDAY: leftover homemade pizza & build your own salad with homemade honey mustard dressing


TUESDAY: grill night - burgers, baked beans, corn on the cob, fruit


WEDNESDAY: slow cooker scalloped potatoes and ham, veggies, biscuits


THURSDAY: probably breakfast for dinner?


FRIDAY: out for dinner or order in 


*for fun treat this week for kiddos I plan to make PW's pb apple delights and will share later in the week










WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT


Etsy store albums and canvases 

Legacy box stuff  

My Grandpa's heritage album  

My Mom's album & my family album catch up 

(this is my continuing list)












NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:


PW's peanut butter apple delights






TIP OF THE WEEK:




Never heard of this before - wonder if it's true?





FROM THE CAMERA:

The drive last week when I went to help my Aunt with some painting had a lot of gorgeous color on the way



Some before and after pics -painting in some old closets








Some of the landscaping that has begun. We built a lower deck into the hill that leads to stairs down to our dock. The landscapers are putting stone stairs into the hill and in between the stairs will be a pavered walkway like the one shown above that they did around our house previously.















Ruby and I  have been having some lovely color filled walks - filled with spicy woods and crunchy leaves and then back home again to cozy candles and hot tea. Life is just better in the Fall



PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:

Image result for volunteering inspirational image and quotes


I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.


7 comments:

  1. Where to start? You have so much going on. First of all I LOVEyour attitude regarding service to others. Your hospice volunteering sounds like a great opportunity. I'm a BIG believer in giving to those who you don't expect anything from and what you're giving is from the heart. I used to volunteer at a section 8 homeless center, a food pantry and did a angel tree program for underprivileged kids - ALL super rewarding in just the feelings you walk away with knowing you made someone's life better, even if just for a moment. And you have the perfect inspiration today to go with this train of thought.

    You wear so many hats, but I love the hockey mom hat because you always have great pictures of the kids enjoying themselves.

    The landscaping project(s) look wonderful so far, can't wait to see the finished pictures. And as always I am so envious of your weather - I really miss the north woods in the fall and hurricane Nate kicked us a bit with increased temperatures and humidity even though we didn't see any rain from him.

    Have a GREAT week my sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's looking beautiful in your area! Our colors at kind of muted this year - too dry they say. The landscaping is awesome!
    I love Survivor - watch it faithfully every year. I'm also enjoying the Good Doctor. I had to look up the apple peanut butter delights - they sound wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello my fall loving twin!
    So much to love here...
    Your photos are lovely.
    Your menu is yummy.
    And your new volunteer activity?
    Wonderful.
    I know you will bless so many.
    Hugs and love for a cozy, blessed fall week. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely to see the golden colours around the lake and your area. It is really beautiful. Hockey season indeed: our little grandsons in Canada began hockey for the first time last week. It is a rite of passage!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all those fall colors in your photos!
    Also, I need to write down Louise Penny for my next author to chec out. :)
    Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Darling! You're having issues with your internet, too? Mine is ongoing. Now I can't get the cable buried so the lawn people can dethatch and aerate for seeding. But like the Brit's said during WWII, "Keep Calm and Carry On". Perfect slogan for my Carrie - I call you "Carry-on Carrie", because that what's you do, no matter how nerve-wracking the problem of the day.

    Love to you, Dear One

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Carrie, lovely views of your autumn countryside! Sounds like you have been busy, as always. So nice of you to help your aunt and now a volunteer for hospice! Such a wonderful calling. Your new walkway is going to be beautiful and peanut-butter apple delights do sound delightful! Hope you have a wonderful week full of sweet blessings xo Karen

    ReplyDelete