Thursday, January 18, 2024

Holiday Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge

 


Hello lovely Friends!

I hope you're having an amazing Thursday so far. Before I go into this yummy recipe...again, just want to remind you to go check out the blogaversary post from a few posts back. If you haven't yet entered the blogaversary giveaway please do so on that post! You have two chances to win and I'm just SO GRATEFUL for you all and want to show the love in that way. 😊💕 

I'm not drawing the winners until next week. 



Ok, now on to this kinda crazy, but absolutely delicious fudge. 


This is the only pic I got of it. It's kind of a concoction Matt came up with and it was SO GOOD! So bear with me as I don't have exact amounts on the way he made it - but it would be very easy to tweak however you want it - as the base of it is very easy.  He saw a video about making it and then tweaked some things to make it how he wanted it. I will share the things he changed at the end. 


But here is what the regular recipe ingredients called for:

1 can vanilla frosting
1 can of chocolate frosting
2 regular size jars of creamy peanut butter
9x13 pan

Crazy I know - but please trust me on how yummy it was. Basically you get out a 9x13 pan, melt the jar of peanut butter in the microwave until it's more like liquid and pour it into the pan. Take the vanilla frosting and melt that in microwave (like 30 seconds) and pour on top of the peanut butter and mix until well blended. Let mixture harden a bit - or even throw in the fridge (or freezer) for a few minutes. 

Then take the chocolate frosting and melt 30 seconds in the micro and mix it with the other jar of peanut butter after you melt the pb too. Mix them together well and pour over the peanut butter layer. Sprinkle with holiday sprinkles and put in the fridge to harden. 

We kept it in the fridge and it stayed good a really long time. Everyone that tried it loved it and didn't know it wasn't "real" fudge. And it could not have been easier! 


*Here are the changes Matt made. He used crunchy peanut butter for the base instead of creamy and man was it good that way!! Then for the topping he used the jar of chocolate frosting but instead of the peanut butter he used up a jar of nutella we had here. And he added some peanut butter ice cream topping we had leftover (you find in a jar in the ice cream sauces aisle in the grocery store). So he didn't use full amounts of the nutella or the pb ice cream topping - he just used up what we had that equaled about the equivalent of what the frosting and pb would have been. 

I think the regular way is wonderful - but his changes made it downright fabulous! I recommend saving this for next Christmas or make it as an Easter holiday treat and top with pastel sprinkles. 

Either way I hope you make it sometime and enjoy!
xo







3 comments:

  1. Now who ever thought of trying that in the first place! Doesn't seem like it would have worked! But it looks so good!
    And Matt's version sounds like the high class, ritzy version!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY that just isn't diet friendly, but looks soooooo soooooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my that is a lot, I would defiantly have to make it for a large group and not just us, maybe I could cut the ingredients down and make a smaller amount :)

    ReplyDelete