Happy Monday Friends!
I hope you had a wonderful weekend and that my U.S. friends had a great holiday weekend. We had a lovely one here. We had a quieter July 4th on Thursday because Matt worked Friday and I worked at hospice that day too. We were asked to go to the C's cabin - but we opted to stay in town and take it easy. June had felt so crazy it was kind of nice to just chill out. We got in some mini golf and deck time. We also BBQ'd and got in a little pontoon time here (yes, the pontoon is finally in!) Then Friday evening we headed to the lake property to see his folks and spend the weekend. That was awesome as always. It's great to see them doing so well now with their health!! And we got in some pontoon time there, also, in-between thunderstorms. We also played cards & games, watched movies and just enjoyed each others company. So relaxing!!
Now back to real life this week...
*I worked on this post yesterday - but my daughter wanted my help with some errands yesterday and we ended up hanging out all day (never mad about that) So I'm finally finishing it today.
THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:
ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:
sugar free iced coffee (fasted)
ON MY TO DO LIST THIS WEEK:
Help Annie with some errands & project, Annie's dental appointment, groceries, help my Mom, home projects, hospice work
THINKING ABOUT:
of course final wedding details are always milling about in my brain...some of that I hope to accomplish before the month is out
AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE
The sun is streaming in. Bubba is on the table next to me purring and keeping me company. I have music from the movie Pride & Prejudice playing on Alexa and I can hear the washer and dryer tumbling away.
CURRENTLY READING
I need to finish 2 books I haven't quite finished from before. Then will get into a Nora Roberts trilogy I downloaded
ON THE TV TODAY:
AGT, House of Dragons, Grantchester, Bachelorette, HGTV shows, movies taped, Matt & I started watching Your Honor with his Mom (may only binge this one at the lake with her though)
ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:
MONDAY - pasta, roasted broccoli with lemon & parm, garlic bread
TUESDAY - deli chicken, coleslaw, veggies & dip
WEDNESDAY - tacos
THURSDAY - leftovers
FRIDAY - out for dinner
TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:
hang out with Annie, read, walk with Matt
TIPS OR SOMETHING TO SHARE:
FROM THE CAMERA:
On the actual 4th of July we decided to take the pontoon out for a quick spin. We didn't want to take the boat cover fully off because it's more work (we don't have a lift by the dock yet like we do up at the lake) Same reason we didn't want to put up the shade awning and just wore our sunny hats. :) Loved seeing different folks on the bay with their cute bunting up & July 4th decorations
Then up at 10 Mile Lake this past weekend we got in some pontoon time too. I also brought patriotic chocolate strawberries & a coconut cream pie (per Matt's Mom's request) 💗 And we brought things to throw on the grill and other things for meals for the weekend (the cooler we brought up was stuffed!) 😋
They have a whole conservation society for the loons on the lake 💙
Ruby is living her best life going from pontoon - to - pontoon between the bay and the lake. Lol
Matt's Dad is always a hoot!





















