Thursday, September 5, 2024

Fall Apple Coleslaw & a Yummy Strawberry Sangria

 


Hello my Friends! 

Happy TGIF Eve. I hope your week has been treating you right so far. 

Today has felt extra cozy around here. It's been rainy on and off. It's a little cooler. And thanks to my dear friend Billie Jo I had a Dunkin Pumpkin Spice Latte today (& some treats for me and my people). I won a gift card on a giveaway at her blog Afternoon Coffee and Evening Tea.. We are such kindred spirits in all things Autumn. So it felt like a double hug today. Thanks Billie Jo! 


Today from Carrie's cozy kitchen I thought I'd share this yummy Fall inspired coleslaw I made for a family gathering recently. I also made a big pitcher of yummy sangria that I thought you might enjoy the recipe for as well. 


First up the coleslaw. A great side dish for late summer/Fall time. It's cold crisp and has things like apple chunks and dried cranberry to give it an Autumn kick. I served it with brats we made on the grill. Bu I also think this would be so good with slow cooker BBQ pulled pork sammy's that you might make with an apple BBQ sauce or something like that. 

The recipe is pinned under my pinterest - but is found at the flavours of kitchen website and you can find it by clicking here: creamy apple slaw with cranberry




I liked this slaw recipe because it had lots of yummy veggies in it and it's made with a dressing with creamy healthier high protein greek yogurt as its base. It was so good. Look at all those pretty veggies + apple + cranberry + sliced almonds. It was so crunchy, creamy, dijony (that's a word right?) and just downright tasty. Give it a go! 












And to wash it all down how's about a lovely pitcher of sangria? I love wine anyways - but add in some fruit and I'm all in! I found the recipe at www.simplywhisked.com 
It was so fruity and refreshing. I'm sure you could make this more Fall inspired too and add in some apple liquor and apple chunks instead. 


I found this big hobnail glass pitcher at an antique store many years ago and it's been a favorite of mine forever. I had just started to fill it and had to take a pic because I thought the pitcher was so pretty. 



The only things I changed compared to the recipe is I threw in some blueberries too. And I topped it off with some lemon mineral water. To fill my pitcher I doubled the wine and almost doubled the rest of the ingredients too. It was just the right amount for the crowd I had. 






Enjoy! 
xoxo


3 comments:

  1. That slaw looks amazing! I also love Moscato! Great choice for the sangria.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both sounds so good, hope you enjoyed a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete