Thursday, November 7, 2024

Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce with a Kick

 



Hello Friends💗

Happy Thursday to you!  

I apologize I haven't gotten to my Paris and Queen Mary 2 post yet, but I haven't had as much time to work on it yet. I'm hoping to get it posted tomorrow or this weekend. Since I have less time today, I thought I'd stick with my Thursday theme of cooking, baking or crafting. Today it'll be a slow cooker recipe. 


There was a blog I followed by Laurie at Heritage Schoolhouse, but she doesn't blog anymore and is now on instagram. She always had lots of fun recipes and I saved several of them. I finally made this one last week and it was so good! A spaghetti sauce you let simmer all day in your slow cooker. The kick added is from red pepper flakes and I made sure I didn't make it too spicy. You could definitely make this to your own taste. I added just enough to give a kick and be extra warming. I omitted the mushrooms, as Matt & I both don't care for them. It was wonderful the way I made it...but next time I may add some green pepper in place of the mushrooms. We had ours over healthy noodles (we get them at Costco), a nice salad on the side, and a little piece of fresh beer bread I had made. I definitely recommend giving this one a try! 





I had browned Italian sausage and some ground beef with the onions and garlic. Again, I skipped the mushrooms and next time I think I'll saute green pepper in. Then topped with the other ingredients. I halved the recipe as it was only Matt & I, but we liked it so much - next time I'll make a full amount and freeze some. 




This is with everything mixed in and ready to slow cook for the day. 


😋

Here's the recipe with Laurie's title for it:


If you give it a try please enjoy! 

xoxo




4 comments:

  1. Hi Carrie. This pasta sauce looks so good! I love that you can basically throw everything in the slow cooker. It sure makes for an easy dinner! What brand of healthy noodles do you buy from Costco? Your beer bread sounds delicious! I'd love to have your recipe. Have a great evening, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much Julia! ☺️💗 If you look up simpleisgourment.com and look up best beer bread ever - you'll find the recipe. Beer bread couldn't be easier to make and it's a flavorful dense bread...so it's great with soups too! Blessings. xo

      Delete
  2. That does sound good, we haven't had noodles in quite some time, but every now and then I use whole wheat rice instead. We like mushrooms and green pepper so I would add both ;) I understand getting behind it has been crazy around here and then I caught a really bad cold so it has knocked me out. Trying to catch up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Connie! The sauce was so easy and so tasty and best part was it cooked all day and was just ready when we wanted it. :) I sure hope you're feeling better! xo

      Delete