Thursday, June 26, 2025

Cooking Thursday: Banana Breakfast Cookies

 


Hey Besties!

How are you doing these days?

It's been a couple of rainy cozy ones here. Today it's been gray & windy. We have rain on and off in the forecast until tomorrow morning. So I'm going to work on some more of my hospice work from home. Then curl up with a book or some fun magazines later. I'm making pork chop pinwheels for dinner tonight - glazed with sugar-free BBQ sauce. I'll look at what veggies we have hanging out in the fridge and it might be a good night to have the oven on (it's chilly and only high 50's). So I think I'll throw together a nice sheet pan veggie side dish but to give it a summer twist I'll sprinkle on some peach balsamic vinegar for brightness. It will play nice with the lemon thyme I have in my garden, that I'll also throw on the veggies. It's always fun to mess around with flavors. 😋


I'm also thinking about making a small batch of strawberry rhubarb sauce. This is the first real year my rhubarb is being established, so I don't want to mess with it too much. But I think I'll take just 2 stalks to mix with strawberries and make a little sauce on the stove. Summer's treats! 


But the yummy goodness I wanted to share today is all about these breakfast cookies I made the other day and have been enjoying with morning coffee all week. 

Doesn't it look tasty? I think they're great because they're hearty & filling, yet filled with good healthy ingredients. They're sweet and have a little flaky salt on top to give a hint of salty as well. Plus, they're soft and fluffy. Think fluffy banana bread mini muffin/cookie kind of a thing. When I put the recipe into my calorie counter it came out to about 140-150 per cookie. I found the recipe at ambitiouskitchen.com 




This is what the batter looks like. It's filled with mashed bananas, oat flour and oats, natural peanut butter, - also chia, hemp & flax seeds. The only sweetener is a little maple syrup. However I also added the fun the recipe suggested with some chocolate chips...I only had mini ones. And I added just a little bit of butterscotch chips because I didn't use many chocolate chips in the batter. I decided to throw in some chopped walnuts (more omega 3's)





Then once baked up they came out looking like this:



It's been really fun to have something different for the mornings. Plus, they're SO good with coffee. They would be great as a snack too. 

 I thought I'd share in case you wanted to give them a try too. 


Here's the recipe:



Enjoy! 😋





7 comments:

  1. It's so hot here! We just got back in from walking the yard and it felt like a sauna. It's supposed to cool a little bit on Sunday.
    That looks like a fun change for breakfast. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely think I would have no problem munching on some of that batter before the cookies even hit the oven. ha-ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. they look a lot like ones I make but it has a few different ingredients, we tend to use them as a dessert instead for breakfast though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Umm, these look AMAZING!! It sounds so good! I haven't ever used some of the ingredients...I wonder if I could even find them in my small town. But they sure do sound good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look amazing. I'll have to bake some :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These cookies look amazing! Pinned this recipe. Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those look so good! And I'm glad to have an idea to use up bananas that isn't banana bread. Hope you are having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete