Thursday, July 3, 2025

Cooking Thursday: Strawberry Rhubarb Sauce

 


Hello my Peeps!

For those in the states are you getting excited to celebrate the holiday weekend soon? I can't believe it's almost the 4th of July already!  

My Hubby just got back from a meeting with a car dealer group in a city close to ours. Matt is a consultant for a very large automotive group that's a national fortune 500 company. He mainly works from home (other than a meeting away here and there) and it's lucrative and provides a lot of freedoms. He works as a performance manager and consultant and is loving what he does. But at his meeting it sounded like the owners were practically begging him to come be a GM for them. They were throwing lots of good things at him and it sure made his day and made him feel great! 😊 He works hard and I'm so very proud of him. But he loves what he does right now, as well as the many freedoms & perks it allows for both of us. So I think he's staying put.

But it's sure nice to know that others see in my sweet Hubby what I see too. A genuine, smart, hard working, very good Dude. :)❤️❤️❤️


Sorry for the sidetrack and thanks for letting me gush about the love of my life. But now on to this recipe that I thought might be something perfect as an Independence Day dessert. πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ


My rhubarb was planted late last year and I wanted to give it a full season to be established. So I only harvested a little bit of it, so it could get its roots nice and set. So I only grabbed a couple of small stalks to make this sauce. I love the sweet & sour nature of rhubarb in desserts. Do you? 




We had it over vanilla bean ice cream (so that right there is the red & white colors) now just imagine throwing some blueberries on top for the blue. You'd have a very patriotic dessert. ❤️πŸ’™



However, we had some crushed graham cracker over ours - sort of like deconstructed strawberry rhubarb pie. πŸ˜‰ It was AMAZING!


Here's how I made it:

2 stalks rhubarb, chopped
1 c. of chopped strawberries
3 TBSP sugar
a splash of lemon juice...maybe 1-2 tsp (or you could do orange juice or just water)
a tsp of cinnamon and small splash of vanilla

Cook all the above in a saucepan over medium low heat until the fruit gets soft and forms a sauce, stirring regularly. About 10-12 minutes. Spoon over ice cream or yogurt and enjoy! Keep any leftovers in the fridge.

Don't you just love the fruits of summer? πŸ“πŸ˜‹

If you're looking for another summer holiday dessert idea I'd definitely recommend the summer berry poke cake I plan to make for this weekend that you can find by clicking here. It's also so delish and patriotic looking. 


I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend ahead, and for those that celebrate have a very fun and safe 4th! 
xoxo



6 comments:

  1. I love rhubarb! Our rhubarb died so we have planted some new plants. Hopefully next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happ 4th to you and your very accomplished husband! The dessert looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to Matt, yes it does feel good to know that your hard work is being noticed, that is for sure. Oh my this looks so good, I do love strawberries and rhubarb together :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd never thought of putting strawberries with rhubarb before. It sounds delicious.
    And well done Matt, for being recognised as a valuable employee. Happy Fourth, Carrie! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Strawberry rhubarb is one of my favorite kinds of pies so I know I'd love that sauce. One of my late aunts used grow rhubarb and I have her recipe for rhubarb pie though I was never a fan (probably stemmed from being forced to try it as a child, maybe I should give it another try sometime?) Sadly, my garden rhubarb did not survive last summer's drought.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blog hopped and found you and that recipe sounds delicious, one to make I think as we have rhubarb growing well in our garden.. thank you for the hint to have sweet biscuits on it too.

    ReplyDelete