Hello Dear Friends!
It's a nice chilly low 60's today and it gets me so in the mood to think comfort food thoughts. I'm picturing moments I loved last Fall:
We would take Ruby for a beautiful long walk. The air crisp and cold enough to need a sweatshirt. The trees really putting on a show with their glorious colors. And I'd have something in the slow cooker back home that had been simmering all day long. And we'd come in from the cold and smell the wonderful aroma of whatever was cooking and know that something comforting was going to warm us and feed our souls.
Here are a couple of recipes that would be warming and comforting to make this Fall. ๐๐งก๐
The first is this slow cooker curry chicken recipe we had several weeks ago. I found the recipe on instagram and I don't remember exactly where? It was so flavorful and comforting and we both loved it! It reminded me so much of a takeout curry I used to get from a favorite Asian restaurant that isn't around anymore. It will definitely be a go-to on repeat over the season ahead!
slow cook the chicken and yummy veggies in a chicken broth that includes peanut butter, soy sauce, coconut milk, onion, garlic etc.
take out the chicken towards the end and shred it...
My heart breaks for those poor families and that this continues to happen and nothing changes!! What lawmakers are doing now isn't enough as it continues to happen with far too much regularity. I pray for real change to happen in some form - to at least try something different that may help with this constant terrible problem in our country. ๐ข๐๐ป










I grew up in that parish and watched in horror and disbelief as news came. Such a wonderful neighborhood and school to grow up in. Prayers for all !
ReplyDeleteThe recipes both look delicious!
ReplyDeletePraying for the people in MN. Just tragic.
I only can wish that we had color in our trees like this. Fall comes, but our trees just do not have the colors like they do further north. Two great recipes to add to my collection. I did not hear any of the news until late last evening...heartbreaking for these people and to think these are just babies inside the building praying. God bless this families with your comfort and give them peace.
ReplyDeleteThe sadness is profound. The food would make me feel happy. I love comfort food.
ReplyDeletersrue.blogspot.com
Oh....what a lovely post. It is beginning to get cooler here BUT it often tricks us here in the south. So, I am sure it will get hot here and there again. Our trees down here are so dry. I feel we will not have a good foliage.
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing the Italian Meatball Soup recipe. It made me remember a recipe very similar that I used to cook all the time. I have not cooked it for ages.
I will be praying for that situation. Blessings.
Those recipes sound delicious. I'll be making good use of my slow cooker before long.
ReplyDeleteMy heart broke when I heard the news of the shooting. Xx
Horrible news and it's left us all in disbelief and horror. I'm so tired of this kind of thing going on, just want peace for everyone. Thank you for sharing your recipes, they look yummy.
ReplyDeleteI am with you getting excited for fall, and the yummy dishes that goes with it. It just breaks my heart about what happened there and at a church with kids, it is so hard to wrap my mind around it, prayers for the families of lost and hurt children
ReplyDeleteFall will be here soon enough - in the meantime we will be having some more days in the 90's.
ReplyDelete