Thursday, March 19, 2026

Cooking Thursday: Apple & Onion Pork Chops and Boursin Veggies

 

Hello my Friends! 

Happy almost Friday and almost Spring Equinox 💗💚🌸

Yay!! It's nice and sunny and melty today. I hope there aren't too many more false Springs before the real one shows up for good! 


Today I wanted to share a couple of recipes from a dinner I made the other night. Annie doesn't really eat meat so I made 2 veggie dishes. And then I made pork chops for Matt & I. 



The pork chops are so nice because you could do it all in one pan. It's a recipe I found at the site thechunkychef.com 

You brown the pork chops in a little evoo. Then take them out. But while they're browning make up a mixture of chicken stock and dijon mustard. Once the pork chops are out, you put in thinly sliced apples and red onion. Sautee them a bit with herbs (I had to do dry because that's all I had on hand). Then deglaze with the chicken stock mixture. Nestle the chops back in and cover and cook a bit more. It was so good and I will definitely be making them again.









Here's the recipe:






For the boursin veggies I did a variety of veggies Annie likes. The recipe calls for tomatoes but we didn't have those. We did broccoli, cauliflower, and zucchini. Season the veggies up. Nestle the boursin in the middle (we did garlic and herb flavor) . Drizzle evoo over all and bake it up. Then take it out and stir all together. It makes its own cheesy sauce and we both just LOVED it! It's a recipe I found at hungryhappens.net







Here's the recipe:










Annie lives for asparagus so I also blanched some of those and then did a quick sautee in olive oil and seasoning and then added a squeeze of lemon, lemon zest and we both sprinkled parm on ours. 

Per Annie it was a pretty "bomb" dinner. Lol 

If you try any of these I hope you enjoy! 

xoxo

6 comments:

  1. They both sound and look amazing BUT those veggies.... I am going to have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning sweet Carrie. Now this is what I call some good cooking. Looks amazing and I appreciate you for always sharing your recipes with us. Pork Chops are a favorite for me and even though it is early morning around here...my mouth is watering... Have a Blessed weekend Carrie...Give Matt a hello for me

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds interesting, I have always just fried them in the pan, never added more than onions or mushrooms! Glad she enjoyed the meal :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those vegetables sound amazing. I've never thought to cook them like that. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delicious! I often cook pork chops with an apple this way, and we love it. Great minds think alike :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dearest Carrie,
    The first recipe you suggest is tempting me, for I never tried apples in a pan with pork meat and onions.
    I thank you for sharing it.
    Have a blessed new week
    XO Daniela

    ReplyDelete