Hello my Peeps~
Happy October!! ๐ป๐๐๐งก
The best month of them all in my opinion. Since Autumn is my favorite season - In my humble opinion, I don't think it gets any better than the northwoods in October. Folks come from all over to travel up our north shore along Lake Superior because it's just so beautiful.๐
I love the beautiful trees, the weather, soft sweaters, cozy hot drinks, long walks, geese honking, the smell of woodsmoke outside, first evenings in front of the fireplace, heartier meals, fun movies, curling up under a fuzzy blanket, and all the magic that October brings.
Right now it's sunny and in the 60's and the trees and bay are all shimmering in the breeze. A little pile of leaves is already forming under one of the trees.
And here are a few pics from our walk a few nights ago:
I didn't have bisquick mix so I made my own by sifting 1 cup of flour into a bowl and adding in 1&1/2 tsp of baking powder and 1/4 tsp of salt. I then took 1 Tbsp of butter and blended that into the flour mixture with my pastry blender until it was all blended in. I did add some seasoning to the mixture too (some garlic & onion powder and a little Italian seasoning). And then mixed in some milk.
I don't have an exciting craft update this week. I have progressed more on my second embroidery project - but I thought I would wait until I have more done before I show an update again. And I have started the cute diamond art coasters (see prior Thursday post) - but again, I want to wait until more are complete. So instead I thought I'd show you a few other fun items I found for Fall at Trader Joe's that I had shipped to our home (through amazon - since our closest TJ's is 3 hours away):
You already saw my absolute favorite - this pumpkin spice bark
But I also got this harvest pasta sauce that came highly rated. It's made with pumpkin and butternut squash. I think I'm going to add meatballs or ground beef or turkey that I saute with onion and zucchini and then have it over pasta.
And I have to say these little pumpkin spice yogurt covered shortbread cookies are really good too! Counting every calorie when I indulge but they are very worth it. Great with a mug of tea!

















That looks so very good! Thanks for the recipe, I'm saving it. And I think I need to make a trip to Trader Joe's now.
ReplyDeleteI remember being a kid and getting so excited when the first of October finally got here. I always knew it was October 1st because this was my mom and dads anniversary day. I would start preparing for what my costume was going to be for Halloween.. LOL. The dumplings look so soft, fluffy and full of GOODNESS. this recipe would have been perfect for our day yesterday that was filled with rain.. Our trader Joe's is about 120 miles away...๐ณ
ReplyDelete