Hello Friends! Happy TGIF to you 😊
It's been a while since I've done one of these posts and I was out watering my flowers this morning and I was soaking it all in and aware of how I was engaging my senses and so I thought I'd share this five senses post with you today.
SEE
I see the beautiful colors and textures of all the different flowers around my house. I see how fast they're growing already and spilling over my pots. Sight is such a gift, isn't it? I'm so grateful to fill my gaze (& my soul) with these beautiful flowers. 🌸
HEAR
I can hear the birdsong like an amazing chorus all around me. It seems like every tree is filled with some singing out. I like to try to identify the ones I know. I love the feeling I get from hearing the birds singing aways. It's hard to be grumpy when you're surrounded by birdsong. As I looked up I could see this beautiful blue jay. In the middle pic if you look a little below center you can see it on the branch. And then it came down in the yard and posed for me. :)
FEEL
I can feel the fresh crisp wet texture of the king cabbage lettuce head I cut out of my raised garden. And the tiny weight of the adorable little strawberries starting to sprout out in one of my pots. I love the silky feel of flower petals as I deadhead them so more beautiful blooms will grow. 💗
TASTE
I take in the lettuce to wrap in paper towel to store in the fridge. But first I took a leaf and washed it well and then tried a taste. It's crisp and a little bitter and refreshing. (I might have dabbed a little ranch dressing on the rest of it and then it was truly delicious. Lol)
SMELL
I pick off a top of this thyme in one of my pots. It's called Golden Lemon Thyme. Oh my word! I wish I could make this a scratch and sniff right on the screen for you! It's absolutely heavenly!! I rubbed it between my fingers and I smelled the strong fresh lemon scent - like those scented hand wipe packets restaurants sometimes give out, or like the best lemon scented cleaner you can imagine. But fresh...not artificial. I may need to remember to plant this one every year. I will use it in the little bouquets I keep on my kitchen window sill all through the summer. But I will also use it in marinades for chicken or fish. Maybe even try a bit in baking - like blueberry lemon muffins. It is so aromatic and I just love the pretty golden look of it too.
Thanks for sharing this lovely moment with me. To slow down and take in the surroundings engaging every sense and making a watering chore an absolute pleasure. Have a blessed weekend. xoxo
Oooh - it's the perfect time of year to do a 5 senses post. Every sense is impacted!
ReplyDeleteI love lemon thyme. The birds really do sing in the garden don't they. Beautiful post.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful post of your lovely yard, it’s so fun to see everything growing. That’s my favorite time in the morning when everything is new and the birds are singing during my prayer time
ReplyDeleteConniecrafter
Delete