Hello and Happy Monday! ☀️
Well August is here. I hope you're getting in all of your summer plans, as it sure is flying by!
I caught up with a girlfriend and we went walking the other day. I love how we often exchange goodies when we connect. (she's the chicken Momma) I gave her hydrangeas and cucumbers. She gave me a homemade cherry sauce for ice cream that she made from her next door neighbor's cherry tree. 😋
I went to church on Saturday night this weekend. Matt & I usually go together on Sundays, but Matt ran up to the lake property to see family up visiting. But my sweet girlie was coming home from her long trip and I wanted to be here for her. Before that, though, Matt, Aaron and I went out for dinner and then went mini golfing, got ice cream and played cards. Within that time, however, long story - but we needed to get Annie's car that was home here, up to my ex's property. I'd never been up there (though I'd seen some pics before). And I used to think I could never go up there. But it truly wasn't a big deal. And I had it built up in my mind that he had a really nice place. I'm human and so I'm going to admit human emotions (even slightly petty ones) in that it actually brought me peace to see I didn't like his house or his spot. I would never want to live up where he does. And I didn't like the color, style, landscaping - really anything about his place. So I know it's probably wrong to feel good about that and the fact that my home is much nicer... I'll just own that I'm human and far from perfect. 😃 It was just nice that going up there didn't even bother me like I thought it would. We dropped off the car...piled back in with Matt and went on with a great night. I'm grateful that I'm so happy and have come so far in healing that those moments come easy now. ❤️
And this Momma is so happy to have my girl back safe and sound. 🎉 She goes back to school soon! Planning to enjoy and treasure these days before we all go back to a much more normal schedule.
THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:
ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:
a pumpkin muffin, iced coffee with almond creamer
ON MY TO DO LIST THIS WEEK:
errands, meet electrician at Matt's old place, meeting a gf for lunch, groceries, deep cleaning projects, bring some things to my Mom, my hair appointment, talk to travel agent again (in process of booking a big trip after Annie's graduation next year), hospice work
THINKING ABOUT:
Some fun things Annie and I have coming up together before she heads back to school. We're both very excited and I'll share the plans soon! 💕
AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE
Nice and sunny with sun streaming in. My girlie is hanging out with me and we're visiting about our week ahead. She's got captains practices for volleyball already this week! She's going to play this Fall. She did a few years ago, and she felt like she wanted to get back into it this year.
CURRENTLY READING
Colleen Hoover novel It Ends With Us (been only sporadically reading - it is good though!)
ON THE TV TODAY:
Outlander, HGTV and food network shows taped, AGT, Sweet Magnolias, And Just Like That, Grantchester, When Calls The Heart, Big Brother (Annie & I love this one together - she watched 1st episode on her trip. We both have things going on and didn't watch next one yet, but she wants to have a couple episodes saved up and watch a little marathon together ;)
ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:
MONDAY -
TUESDAY -
WEDNESDAY -
THURSDAY -
FRIDAY -
**not sure of menu this week - Matt and I plan to do grocery trip once he's back from visit and we'll talk menu then. Probably throw some things on the grill! 😋
TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:
go out with a gf, sit in the sunshine and read
TIPS OR SOMETHING TO SHARE:
FROM THE CAMERA:
I was talking to Matt on the phone while he was at his lake property and I was saying how I always see a dog in the tree right out the tv room window. I was trying to explain what I meant...but then I just took a pic and outlined what I was seeing and sent it to him:
Then I got even more creative and filled in all the blanks too. 😆 :
I'm weird I know. He told me I have a very good imagination - but that he sees it too now! ha!
Matt's Mom sent me these pics in a text... when Matt was up to visit. The first is one she found of Matt & his Dad at the lake. You gotta love the old life vest! Lol Matt said he used to water ski in that thing!! 😮
And the 2nd pic is of the bookcase I recently helped her with up there. It's one Matt's grandpa had built long ago and it was loaded with just tons of books and albums - nothing else and no rhyme or reason to any of it. She went through and got rid of a TON of books to a charity place. And then told me she loves my design tastes and asked if I'd take some of her favorite things from around the cottage, and the remaining books, and put it together some how. It's a dark corner, so I when I got done putting it all together (the prior week when Matt and I were up visiting) - I left the one bigger cubby for a lamp. It definitely needed it. I found the lamp I liked and sent it up with Matt when he went for this visit. So she took a pic of the completed project and thanked me and told me how beautiful it was! She said it went from an eyesore to something she absolutely loves now! ;)
💗 💗 💗
PRAYER LIST:
For an end to the conflict in the Ukraine and other areas of the world living in war & fear. For peace and unity in this country, especially from hate and shootings or violence. For anyone sick, suffering, in pain or fear... that God bring them comfort and peace. For His Light and Love to cast out the dark everywhere.
For all those suffering from weather events and turmoil in our world. For a couple of girlfriends going through some hard times right now. For my Mom continuing to go through tests to figure out her pain issues. 🙏





