Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Happy Homemaker Monday (on Tuesday)



Hello Friends!

How is your week going so far? My days are all messed up due to the holiday weekend. So I have to remind myself it's Tuesday. Lol

We had a lovely weekend with our friends the C's up at the lake. And then came home Sunday evening and caught up on life here yesterday and did yard work a lot of the day. Then enjoyed some chill time together and with Annie. So overall a very relaxing and fun weekend. I was able to plant most of the rest of my flowers (excuse flower overload of pics below) and we sat out by a fire last night and now it really feels like summer is practically here. ☀️

This morning I wasn't feeling great...but I'm feeling a bit better this afternoon, so I thought I'd try to still do this post and catch up in blogland. 


I hope you had a great weekend and that your week is filled with sunshine and smiles so far. :) 



** an update on Matt's folks: the good news is that they are both now cancer free! Thanks so much for the prayers! The bad news is that Matt's Dad is going to need a heart procedure within the next month, and depending on how extensive it is - they will be that much more delayed coming up north this year. It's a big bummer - but the important thing is that he gets what he needs done so he can be okay! 





















THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:

























ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

fasted (not even coffee because I had labs)



















ON MY TO DO LIST THIS WEEK:

errands, hair appointment, some groceries, summer trip things to work on, graduation things to work on, shampoo carpets, hospice work




















THINKING ABOUT:  

what projects I want to work on which days this week




















AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE

It's getting cloudier, more gray and dark skies outside right now. They said we may even have a little thunderstorm this afternoon. I don't know if I'm catching a little bug or it's allergies and things - but feel tired and not great yet. So may go take a little nap after I finish this post.  





















CURRENTLY READING

going back to finish a book I hadn't previously and still reading magazines




















ON THE TV TODAY:

 The Good Wife (almost done - in 6th season, one more to go),  Grey's Anatomy, When Calls the Heart, America's Got Talent starts





















ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:




    MONDAY -  



TUESDAY - leftovers




WEDNESDAY - doing belated Mother's Day dinner with Aaron :) 




THURSDAY - egg bake, toast, fruit




FRIDAY -  grill or maybe out for dinner?

















  







TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:

go walking, tend to garden and flowers, sit out and read























TIPS OR SOMETHING TO SHARE:





















FROM THE CAMERA:
This was on the way to the lake - Matt has since shaved and now it's weird to see him smooth and shaven again. Lol 😁








I found this old pic of Matt up at the lake - such a youngster then!! 









Between the garden bed and pots for veggies and herbs I've planted: cucumbers, green beans, sugar snap peas, a jalapeno, basil, greek oregano, lemon balm, lemon thyme, a strawberry plant, and lavender.

















my hard working Honey - lots of little trees that had sprouted up problematically part way under the deck and needed digging out.





I so love having solar things give off glow at night 🌟



Few things are more wonderful than hanging with best friends at the lake. 💗
















PRAYER LIST:

 For an end to the conflicts all over the world and anyone living in war & fear. For peace and unity in this country, especially from hate and shootings or violence.  For anyone sick, suffering, in pain, fear, loneliness etc ... that God bring them comfort and peace. For His Light and Love to cast out the darkness everywhere. For the upcoming graduation of so many kiddos. That they be blessed and their futures be so bright! For Matt's Dad have his heart procedure go well and that they can still get to the lake this summer. 🙏🏻





















PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:


Blessings on your week! I'm sharing this with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.

6 comments:

  1. Glad you had such a nice weekend! Hope you are feeling better tomorrow though.
    I love the pictures of the time at the cottage. It's so beautiful there.
    Good news on Matt's parents. Now we'll be praying for his Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful news about Matt's parents being cancer free! I'll keep his Dad in my prayers for the heart procedure. My Dad had to go through some heart stuff a couple of years ago so I know it's scary!

    Absolutely gorgeous sunset pictures and of the water! Makes me miss it a lot!

    Have a great week!

    Sherry https://www.wellversedwomen.net/post/happy-homemaker-tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a lovely weekend! So glad y'all could be outdoors enjoying it! I'm so thrilled to hear about Matt's parents! Such wonderful news! Sending prayers for his dad. I know how concerning heart procedures can be, so I will definitely keep y'all in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carrie, lovely post full of good news and sweet happenings! You and Matt must be so relieved about his Mom and Dad. Still a bit of a worry with the heart procedure, so will keep him in my prayers.
    Glad you were able to get out to the lake for the weekend with friends. It looks so beautiful and peaceful. I just love the sound of lake waves lapping the shore and the sunset over the water. It just brings back wonderful memories of my childhood. Now you are making sweet memories with your handsome fella.
    Just loving all your flowers in the charming pots with the fairy folk setting up housekeeping! And your back deck looks so inviting. Everything looks beautiful. I especially love your white bleeding heart. So pretty. I like the lemon balm in the teacup. xx
    Hope your Mom's day dinner with your son was wonderful. So special.
    Also hope that you didn't come down with something and just needed a little rest.
    Sending hugs, my friend. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello sweet friend ~ running a bit late this week, but at least it's not the weekend yet... Keeping Matt's dad in my prayers! But so glad to hear they are cancer free - that's always a relief to hear.

    Sounds like you're having wonderful weather! We are also finally and I almost feel guilty because there is so much turmoil weather wise all over the country!

    The flower overload was absolutely refreshing - thank you for sharing them. Have a lovely weekend my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry that Matt's parents are being delayed again, prayers that all goes well with what is coming up. Such great news that they are cancer free now! Your flowers are looking terrific.

    ReplyDelete