Hello Dear Friends!
Today I wanted to finally share the recipe for blueberry french toast bake that's easy to assemble and was a stellar breakfast for dinner for us one of the nights Annie was home (as breakfast food is probably one of her absolute favorites).
I halved the recipe and made it in a pie pan. But the full recipe is for a 9x13 pan. You cut up bread cubes (I had homemade french bread from a neighbor friend - very yummy😋). Put them in the greased pan. Top with blueberries. Make the custard mixture and pour over the top and let the mixture soak overnight or at least for several hours.
Then when ready to bake, you make a wonderful streusel mixture and cut in some cold butter until you get nice crumbs. Crumble it all over the top of the bake and put it in the oven & bake it up until it's time to eat. Top with syrup and more berries if you wish. We had ours with a side of homemade red breakfast potatoes and bacon. It was delish! As I mentioned the other day - Annie's review of it: "Mom this is fire and you definitely need to make it again!" High praise indeed. 😉
I forgot to get a pic of the pie plate before we dug in - but here's a shot of 1/2 the pan. And a shot of it with syrup on my plate. I found this recipe at sallysbakingaddiction.com and I list the recipe below. I highly recommend this one! It would be excellent for a brunch or a holiday breakfast too.
Another fun recipe I made over the holidays were some garlic ranch dill pretzels. They couldn't have been easier! I kind of combined several different recipes I read here and there. I doubled the recipe and made 2 baggies full with 2 different kinds of pretzels.
1/2 c. of popcorn oil (like Orville Redenbacher)
1 packet ranch seasoning mix (add after initial mix)
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried dillweed
1 lb bag of pretzels
Instructions: Take a gallon sized baggie and pour the bag of pretzels in. Add the popcorn oil and coat the pretzels by sealing and rolling bag around. Add in the garlic powder and dill weed. Roll & toss around bag every 10 mins for about an hour. After an hour add the ranch seasoning and give another good toss. Your pretzels are ready! Enjoy!
If you're not a dill fan you could easily just do garlic and ranch. Easy to double and make in 2 baggies and then I poured both bags in a large bowl with good sealing lid and lasted us through the Christmas season. They were also a hit!
Enjoy! xo






I'll definitely be making that blueberry french toast! The pretzel mix looks good too. Thanks friend!
ReplyDeleteI hope you enjoy the french toast Mari! It's truly like dessert. So good!
DeleteOhh, my goodness! It all looks and sounds so wonderful! I have printed these out! I find the best recipes from my blogging friends! Thanks!
ReplyDeleteThanks Mandy! I hope you enjoy them both - they're both so yummy!
DeleteThe blueberry French toast is definitely going in our rotation for next week, blueberries were on sale at the store. I think it was a sign! LOL. The ranch pretzels look yummy as well, thanks for always sharing your great recipes.
ReplyDeleteOh I'm so glad Jean! I think you'll like it. It's like french toast bread pudding. Lol The pretzels are addicting - you've been warned!
DeleteOh my goodness the french toast bake sounds so good, it is times like there I hate that we are on a low carb diet.
ReplyDeleteThanks Connie - so sorry to be a temptress. Lol I know - trying to do lower carb here too. So hard when there's such good stuff out there.
Delete