Friday, August 1, 2025

Cooking Thursday on a Friday: Italian Grinder Sliders

 





Hello my dear lovely, wonderful, beautiful, blogging Besties!

August is here! Up in the north it's such a dual month. The first few weeks still feel a lot like summer - but by mid August, some kids go back to school and it begins to feel more "pre"Fall than summer.  More signs of this include: the geese start showing up on the bay again (to work on their practice runs), pre season football begins (we actually watched the first game a bit last night!), nights start getting cooler, and things in the garden really start producing and even fading. August becomes a true glimpse at the change of season ahead. 


Speaking of seasons, we had such a fun moment yesterday!! My Mom came over and along with Annie & I, had a girlie Christmas in July day. :) We squeaked it in just in time! We had a fun lunch, listened to Christmas music and colored in Christmas coloring books, and we talked a lot about the seasons ahead and Annie going back to school etc. 

I even had little gifts for everyone (including Matt - who sneakily got me something too). It was such a fun day and reminded me of when we used to do it every summer when Annie was little. Back then we'd bake cookies, do a Christmas craft and watch a Christmas movie. Love time with my girls so much and appreciate how they humor my love of Christmas. ❤️💚 


Today, however, I wanted to share these delish summer sub kind of sliders. You cut a pack of Hawaiian buns in half. You layer cheese and meats inside and put the tops back on. Then brush a yummy Italian garlic butter concoction over the tops and bake. While they bake you make up a yummy grinder salad with veggies of choice(I did lettuce, tomato & onion), some mayo, red wine vinegar and olive oil and seasonings. When the sliders are done baking you take them out...take the tops back off and put the cold salad inside. They were absolutely scrumptious!! Matt said they were his favorite sandwich he's ever had. High praise indeed! 








They would be perfect to take for a beach picnic or on the pontoon. We just enjoyed them on the deck as a lovely summer dinner. Truly they would be good any time of year...but for my summer lovin' friends - I don't want you to think my love of Fall has me skipping out on summer just yet. Still enjoying all the fruits of summer! 



Including breakfast this AM: frosted mini wheats with amazing sweet strawberries & raspberries. I promise I continue to soak up these summer days. 

We went golfing with Annie a few days ago
And there are still a lot of pontoon rides, summer walks, lounging and reading on the deck, and yard games to play yet.




Are you a summer lover? Or ready for Fall to begin?  I'm enjoying summer fruits, but I need to honestly admit that a little part of me feels like this:






Whether you cling to summer, or can't wait for Fall - you will love these sliders! They can be found under my pinterest board "sliders" you can find if you click here.

But here's the recipe for you:





Enjoy! And have a blessed weekend ahead. 

xoxo

6 comments:

  1. Oooo sounds like such a fun day listening to Christmas music and having lunch and enjoying a Christmas in July day. The sliders sound so good and most definitely a meal that my family would love. I thank you for sharing this recipe. Hope your weekend ahead is nice and full of all kinds of fun things...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know how I feel about hanging on to summer! But yes, August is here and I have to enjoy it before the cold comes.
    I love your Christmas in July idea - so fun!
    The sandwiches sound so yummy! I've saved the recipe.
    Thanks friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your food looks good! I am with you on fall. I also love your girly Christmas in July! What a neat idea! Happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photos are lovely and your food looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice you got in the Christmas in July :) The sliders do sound tasty, I hate to rush summer along, even though I do enjoy Fall more, and make it twice as long too would be very nice, it always seems to go by too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Christmas in July sounds fun.
    Summer has always been my favourite season, but increasingly, I find myself looking foward to crisp autumn days. But all in good time. I'll make the most of the sunshine and warm weather for as long as it's here. Xx

    ReplyDelete